• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Wolf Among Us Season 2 - Coming 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
So where exactly do the comics take place? I know WAU was a prequel, but is it clear how far back in time in went?

We don't exactly know. The opening of Fables has Snow too busy to talk with Bigby, and Bigby saying how Snow's been too busy recently. Which is pretty much how the game ended.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just finished this game the other night.

I know the comics are there - which I fully intend to pick up and read - but I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't get a second season, just because this was such a fun and engaging world to explore.

I'm going to start my Bad Bigby playthrough soon so I can platinum the game.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I just finished this game the other night.

I know the comics are there - which I fully intend to pick up and read - but I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't get a second season, just because this was such a fun and engaging world to explore.

I'm going to start my Bad Bigby playthrough soon so I can platinum the game.

I need to start reading Fables comics soon, but no munnies yet.. T_T

You hear there is going to be PS4 release of this? I'm actually looking forward to it.. I feel like my wallet is already crying from the loss of munnies coming out.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Nowww, I should probably finish this game. It feels like an injustice that I haven't yet, considering I've survived most of TWD's latest excursions...

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Nowww, I should probably finish this game. It feels like an injustice that I haven't yet, considering I've survived most of TWD's latest excursions...

For sure, this and Tales From the Borderlands are, in my opinion, Telltales finest.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Season 2 will be a standalone product separate from Season 1.

Well, at least we know at the start that our choices in Season 1 didn't matter.

GUESS WE WILL NEVER KNOW ABOUT FAITH OR THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
To be honest, choices in Telltale Games feel worthless anyway, so it's pretty much a case of no choices particularly mattering.
Take for example the deaths of characters in the games. Normally, it's just postponing that character's inevitable death later.

I think the part that really astonished me was from TWD Season 2:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I do certainly love the story in the games, but tbh, having a new story without any choices carrying over wouldn't phase me.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I mean yeah, they stopped mattering a long time ago. But they ended Season 1 with a CLIFFHANGER. You can't just wait four years to do another season and make it completely about something else. Why bother then?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
It was a "cliffhanger" that was never meant to be resolved. It was either Faith or it wasn't. It was left ambiguous on purpose. Either way, she leaves, and Bigby goes on with his life. A few weeks later, the comics pick up where season 1 left off. If I remember correctly, Season 1 had a splash screen at the end that said something like "Want to find out what happens next? Read the Fables comics." which implied that was the end of TWAU prequel series.

So, now people have be talking for years about "Where is season 2?" and "Where's the rest of the story?" Telltale has collapsed under the demand and decided to give us a season 2. I'm curious to know where this season takes place. Will it be within the few weeks between TWAU and Fables? Or somewhere within Fables? Perhaps a prequel to TWAU?

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it might just be one that takes place shortly after the original. I know that the comics continue on the story, and I've even read the first few comics, but I think they might try and place something in between the first season ending and the comics starting. Or, they might even go for something in the middle of the comics. I guess it's a pretty broad area for them.

It's nice that they opted to stick with Bigby though and went with The Wolf Among Us 2, rather than a series more related to the Fables name itself. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think Bigby was necessarily the protagonist of the comics, although I'm sure he was a prominent figure. I'd have to check back on that. But there could have been a chance they opted for another fairy tale character instead. But I gotta love the Detective Noir that comes with Bigby.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, the comics don't really have a set protagonist. It follows a series of story arcs like most comics do, but each arc might focus more on a specific set of characters rather than following the same ones all the time. While it's all one continuous story, it's one that shifts around between a large cast. I played The Wolf Among Us first which prompeted me to read the comics and I must say, I really love them. Despite that though, I'm also pretty happy that season 2 will follow Bigby again instead of taking on the shifting viewpoints of the comics (in which case we'd have another game like Game of Thrones). Bigby is my favorite and I love having all of my decisions based around what he's going to do, he's such a strong protagonist to have in that it's easy to see any of his choices going any which way.

redcrown

Awards
As long as we get to investigate the Farm and tear down Snow's upcoming speciesist regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back