• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Magical World of Disney (Sign-Ups and OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Re: The Magical World of Disney (Sign-Ups and OOC thread)

Could we have it where there's a new Kingdom Hearts section opening in Disneyland? If so I want to be Sora if not I'll be Buzz Lightyear.

You could...but I was kind of hoping we would have more of the traditional Disney characters first and then add the Kingdom Hearts characters later (I love Kingdom Hearts! But I just want to keep it more authentic to the parks). I had thought about including Kingdom Hearts and I was going to ask after we got more Disney characters. I think it's a good idea, but I just don't want it to become a Kingdom Hearts RP because I want it more traditional. But if you really want to be Sora then go ahead. xD

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

You could...but I was kind of hoping we would have more of the traditional Disney characters first and then add the Kingdom Hearts characters later (I love Kingdom Hearts! But I just want to keep it more authentic to the parks). I had thought about including Kingdom Hearts and I was going to ask after we got more Disney characters. I think it's a good idea, but I just don't want it to become a Kingdom Hearts RP because I want it more traditional. But if you really want to be Sora then go ahead. xD

Nah it's cool, I'll do a Buzz template.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Name: Nikolay Belikov

Appearance: In spite of his rather dimunitive stature, along with his customary sky blue Imagineer polo, Nikolay is hardly what one would deem "affable" in terms of appearance, perhaps something of a reflection upon his sour disposition. He stands at approximately 5'7", of medium build, fair skin, and jet black hair worn combed back, meticulously positioned so that it stands to be absolutely symmetrical. His eyes, chilling pools of a remarkable ice blue, are set in a face not at all what one would expect to be on the head of a Disney Imagineer: hard, angular, and stony, with prominant cheekbones and a rather large nose, jutting out of his face not unlike the beak of some predatory bird; again, perhaps a reflection upon Nikolay himself. At all times, save when sleeping, and even then not one-hundred-percent of the time, he is garbed in a short-sleeved polo shirt the hue of a robin's egg, with a Mickey Mouse insignia embroidered on the right breast, tucked ever-so-neatly into a pair of crisp, freshly pressed plain black pants, along with black shoes and socks, equally as plain.

Personality: "Callous", "stony", "blunt", "unsocial"; all perfectly fitting choices of words if ever one was asked to describe Nikolay Belikov. Not since his eleventh birthday has a smile ever graced the man's tight mouth, and not since then has a kind word ever graced those lips, save a respectful office greeting to a superior while going about his work, which he takes absolutely no pleasure in. (In fact, there is hardly anything that he does take pleasure in, save the occasional stuffed clam.) He works as an Imagineer for a single sole purpose alone: not the eager, gleaming eyes and elated smiles of Disney-loving youths, nor is it the satisfaction in adding one special memory to a family's fun-bound experience at Disney parks, but simply because he is good at what he does. Always, in the back of his mind, ideas are constantly being spawned and modified at a constant and lightning-fast basis, each and every one exploring uncharted ground on the map of "Damned Entertainment-Addict Land", all so as to collect another paycheck (which he hardly even spends), and nothing more.

Even more ironically, the man despises Disney, or any mass media corporation, for that matter, believing them to be sapping the mental and moral strength of the world's population. He refuses to own a television set, and spends his nights reading and playing Chopin on his piano when he isn't occupied by work (which is quite a rarity indeed). All of the park staff who know of him do their best to avoid him as much as possible, and his fellow Imagineers work with him only out of necessity, giving him only a grudging respect for his intuitive genius. Nikolay doesn't even pay that respect any mind, far too absorbed in his work and himself to step back and look at what sort of a person he is.

Bio: Nothing very remarkable can be said of Nikolay's past, per se. He was born in the town of Kronshtadt, Russia, to a washed up prosecuting attorney as a father, and no mother to speak of, Mrs. Belikov having died in child labor. Nikolay's father had a very deep affection for his son, the boy being the greatest remnant he had left from his now deceased wife. He would allow his son anything he desired, which was truly very little, so long as he kept his grades up in school, which he never failed to do. Nikolay and his father were at first very close to one another, but after a while, Nikolay, wishing more than anything to be as successful as he could be, grew to resent his father due to his low income and inability to win a case, something that should have been relatively easy for a prosecuting lawyer. The two grew very distant, and never once saw or communicated with one another since Nikolay's departure for Massachusetts Institute of Technology (a scholarship) in America, when he was twenty years old.

After earning a degree in engineering, Nikolay came to work as an Imagineer at the remarkably early age of twenty-five, due to his equally remarkable intellect and potential, and has been working there ever since, taking only a brief, six-month respite due to proven charges of assault on a particularly irritating park guest. For years now he has always considered the inkling of returning to MIT so as to earn a degree in teaching, and becoming a professor of engineering, yet the idea has never materialized all of these years. Something has....anchored him to the park, made him avoid leaving despite, quite frankly, hating the place. And Nikolay, always certain of everything, still cannot place his finger on what it might be......

Spyells

Wow, Ordeith that template is impressive! I love what you did! I never even thought about having a Disney Imagineer in this. I can't wait until we get this started. And I love how he hates Disney. I can see your character having a lot to do with the plot...xDDDDDD

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Wow, Ordeith that template is impressive! I love what you did! I never even thought about having a Disney Imagineer in this. I can't wait until we get this started. And I love how he hates Disney. I can see your character having a lot to do with the plot...xDDDDDD

Ordeith's joining this RP?!?!? SWEET!

Ah, well I'm very glad that I'm being welcomed so warmly!
To be honest, Spyells, I was a tad apprehensive about this template myself, having not made one in quite some time.
But it appears as though all has worked out for the best in that regard. When creating this character, I thought to myself, "What would be the greatest oxymoron for a character in an RP such as this?" Immediately, the concept of a Disney employee who hates his job materialized in my skull; most Disney employees work for Disney because of the enjoyment they gain out of it, save the CEO, I suppose.

Spyells

Lol, yup that's right! But the CEO still makes millions a year from the company.

OrganizationXVII: I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. Yes, the location is the Disneyland park in Anaheim, California.

Chromatic

Become
Awards

OK, because I've been at the one in California. I performed there with a music ensemble about two years ago.... Good times

would it be a problem if Mushu can actually breath fire?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

So, if I may inquire, how much longer until this RP gets off the ground?

Spyells

Next week. I just wanted to make sure we had enough people to start. I'm aware that finals are about to start though for some people. But next week probably by next Wednesday. =)

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Very well, then; I was just curious as to a rough estimate, but an exact date is even better. Thank you.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it

Do you have to go to Disneyland in this RP because I've never really went there and I'd love to join. Plus it'd be cool if it were Disney World......or wait, I'm confused. XD
Can you just clarify? Thanks!-Kels

Chromatic

Become
Awards

Do you have to go to Disneyland in this RP because I've never really went there and I'd love to join. Plus it'd be cool if it were Disney World......or wait, I'm confused. XD
Can you just clarify? Thanks!-Kels

Well, the RP takes place in Disneyland in Anaheim, California

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

^ Same here. As I'm all the way across the country, I've only visited Disney World and have been told there are noticable differences between the two. I still wanna join...please? :]

Spyells

I know but I'm asking what if you haven't been to Disneyland. Disney World was just a suggestion. =O

^ Same here. As I'm all the way across the country, I've only visited Disney World and have been told there are noticable differences between the two. I still wanna join...please? :]

Well if you've been to a Disney park then I'm quite sure you can still participate. The RP probably wasn't going to look exactly like Disneyland just because everyone's version will always be different. I don't see why it would be a problem. Plus you guys will make it more interesting because you will add something to the RP that the rest of us may not add. My family has never been to Walt Disney World but we're planning our first trip for summer 2010. xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back