• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Mirage Arena will NOT be playable online in 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The problem with this argumentation is that the Mirage Arena was all about multiplayer, it was the whole reason it existed in the first place and the whole reason why there are so many multiplayer modes available in BBS (Command Board, Rumble Racing, Arena Mode and let's not forget Versus Mode). There are even commands that were created soley for this purpose.

Sure you can play most of it alone and you can also say it's tacked on, but still it was a lot of fun. Seeing it go this way doesn't feel right, especially since it's in no way connected to the story.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Can't say I'm disappointed because I was expecting this to happen. It would've been a fun extra, but alas. It's good that they're adding something extra instead of that, though.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Maybe MA will be a fully functional multiplayer area in KHIII.

I am a little bummed. I wanted to play with you guys on the PS3, but there's always ad-hoc on the PSP, I guess.

It's not that we should have expected it, but we all see the potential for greatness KH could have being multiplayer, it's overarching theme being the power of friendship. Since 358/2 Days, each installment was fringed with minor multiplayer elements. If not with KHIII, then hopefully the next saga will implement grander multiplayer opportunities.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
& this is why I said it'd be better to ask for splitscreen than online. Now we get neither.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Well tournaments on here would've been great, on another note I wouldn't have anyone to play against anyway.

But this begs the question, maybe they'll include something along the lines on the Mirage Arena in Kingdom Hearts III. If that's the case I'd be more than willing to wait. They know we want it, they'd be silly to not include something like that in

Antar

Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of online mode in KH3, in fact, I expect to see one. I'm kind of disappointing that KH2.5 won't have it but at the same time I can understand them. I'm pretty sure they knew that people would be disappointed which is why you could tell he was nervous when he announced that. At least they tried to make it up with some tweaking and improvements to the single player side of MA.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I can live without online mode. I never have anyone around to play that way even in the PSP version of BBS. I do however, look forward to the multi-player factor. Now I just need a PS3 so I can finish 1.5, then I'll worry about 2.5.

Narxus

I can live without it. If anything, I'm more interested in the new prizes and rewards they mentioned. I hope this translates into new Keyblades (too wishful?) or commands, seeing as the original multiplayer-oriented commands are now unneccessary

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If so, I hope there's another new Keyblade that looks cooler than Crown Unlimit. I find that that keyblade lookes a bit weird, and yet it's more powerful than the Ultima Weapon in BBSFM.

rainbowrabbit

Can't say I'm upset. I was never really into playing with others online since I usually run into unpleasant individuals. I'm not saying it's everyone. But it's those few who ruin it for me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If so, I hope there's another new Keyblade that looks cooler than Crown Unlimit. I find that that keyblade lookes a bit weird, and yet it's more powerful than the Ultima Weapon in BBSFM.
I think it'd be cool for TAV to each others base keyblades as rewards. =D (a bit random but I've always thought that'd be a neat reward)

Narxus

I think it'd be cool for TAV to each others base keyblades as rewards. =D (a bit random but I've always thought that'd be a neat reward)

...huh. I can't help but imagine Terra and Aqua with Fresh Breeze. It's an interesting image.

Instead of Earthshaker and Rainfell, however, I feel it would be a bit neater if Ends of the Earth and Stormfall were given from Terra and Aqua. I don't know why, I just always felt that they filled the role of their respective signature Keyblades better than their beginner weapons

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KH was never, and has never at any point, been about multiplayer. It is a single player experience. Single player experiences are a dying breed.
Every game nowadays has multiplayer tacked on to supposedly "extend the life of the game", but hey, who the hell is playing Bioshock 2, Arkham Origins, Metal Gear Solid 4,Tomb Raider, Dead Space 2, etc online to this day? Anyone? Most people agree that these games could have been better had the developers not spent their time on the multiplayer. Handing the mode off to a different developer would have been ideal. Tomb Raider and Batman's online modes were made by different devs and everyone agrees it's trash.

Oh and has anyone tried to platinum these kinds of games? It's quite enjoyable. *sarcasm*

So basically, people want a less polished 2.5 and an even further delayed/watered down online KH3 for a mode they'll only touch a handful of times. Yeah, that's rich.

The problem though is that SE developed KH's multiplayer, not outsourcing it to some company that didn't really know the game, and even worse, the multiplayer was really good. Ad Hoc Party was packed whenever I would get on for BbS and that was just people who had PSPs and PS3s and were willing to connect them. Even a few months after BbS came out, I still found rooms fairly easily. Ad Hoc Party wasn't hugely popular I found since not everybody had both, but BbS was quite popular among it.

It's just unfortunate that they waited THIS long to announced it. Honestly, it makes me wonder if they were ever planning on telling us. If they just mentioned it around when 2.5 was originally announced, I don't think we would have been this crushed. However, them waiting this long made so many people here believe that it was going to be a big announcement and surprise (which is why they waited) but instead they just tried to ignore it and hope we all would forget, which is a pretty bad move.

Gram

Banned
Awards
...huh. I can't help but imagine Terra and Aqua with Fresh Breeze. It's an interesting image.

Instead of Earthshaker and Rainfell, however, I feel it would be a bit neater if Ends of the Earth and Stormfall were given from Terra and Aqua. I don't know why, I just always felt that they filled the role of their respective signature Keyblades better than their beginner weapons
Thats probably because during the early stages of KH2's secret bid, the final mixes secret vid, all the early screen shots (which were later dropped or moved) and the LW battle depicted them with those weapons.
And tbh I agree that they are far more fitting and should've been left as their defaults instead of the redesign/bases they got in the final product.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That reminds me of the BBSFM TGS 2010 trailer where, for some strange reason, Terra was wielding Wayward Wind in one of the shots. They've never actually explained that, but I suppose it was just some unfortunate accident.

4QYeK5f.jpg

Gram

Banned
Awards
That reminds me of the BBSFM TGS 2010 trailer where, for some strange reason, Terra was wielding Wayward Wind in one of the shots. They've never actually explained that, but I suppose it was just some unfortunate accident.

4QYeK5f.jpg

Ahhh I remember that!! There was speculation you could get each of their keychains or something like that.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Would have been swell if that was actually the case!

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not too disappointed. I only played BBS with one other person once so I didn't get into it that much. Is there still local multiplayer though? I realized I could play with my cousin and nephew (especially the command board since they love games like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back