• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Not really. Nimoy is retired so he doesn't need the publicity. I think that any attention drawn to him after his announcement of his retirement would pressure him out of it again like when Star Trek and the Fringe came around.

Which brings me here.

What if MX is in another KH game? What would we do then? Nimoy is in retirement...And I don't think he is as attached to KH like he is Star Trek. I don't think he'd come out of retirement just for little old Kingdom Hearts.

Erm....get Shatner to do it?

Purely for the lulz of course....

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

What if MX is in another KH game? What would we do then? Nimoy is in retirement...And I don't think he is as attached to KH like he is Star Trek. I don't think he'd come out of retirement just for little old Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah that worries me too... they'll probably end up getting a replacement like they did with Billy Zane and Christopher Lee.

Ivinator

If they do get a replacement for MX if he appears in a future game, and I'm pretty sure they will, I bet it would be Tom Kane.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave

Erm....get Shatner to do it?

KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!

lol, couldn't resist.

Any ways, I don't think MX be in any more games, at least, not in his old body: AX might get MX's memories back and 'become' MX

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!

lol, couldn't resist.

Any ways, I don't think MX be in any more games, at least, not in his old body: AX might get MX's memories back and 'become' MX

What about the inevitable "Once Terra is free of MX and all that is left if MX's heart", who will voice that? I guess Epcar... with some kind of old man echo in the likeness of Nimoy.

DrunkBeardGuy

Thanks for the spoiler help.

Also, if MX is in another game, they should have Christopher Lloyd replace him. He should have been cast anyway, in my opinion.

Last edited:

DrunkBeardGuy

^It would be so epic if Lloyd was cast in a sequel. He's so perfect, Nimoy just sounds too much like Yoda.

DrunkBeardGuy

^Cute, but it's wrong.

His voice sounds too much LIKE Yoda, I never said it's exact. Nimoy's voice just doesn't fit the character, in my opinion.

Oh, and ad-hominem attacks work really well for discussion....

PowerIsNothing

^Cute, but it's wrong.

His voice sounds too much LIKE Yoda, I never said it's exact. Nimoy's voice just doesn't fit the character, in my opinion.

Oh, and ad-hominem attacks work really well for discussion....

I don't really hear Yoda at all. I hear old man who smokes 20 packs of Cigarettes a day.

DrunkBeardGuy

Maybe not Yoda, but his voice just doesn't fit. I will admit, in the recent trailers he sounds much better, but he still doesn't fit. It's just too gravely and weird.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

DrunkBeardGuy said:
Maybe not Yoda, but his voice just doesn't fit. I will admit, in the recent trailers he sounds much better, but he still doesn't fit. It's just too gravely and weird.

I agree entirely. It seems too put on, for my liking. Had Nimoy just gone with what would seemingly be natural (see: Star Trek), it would've worked a bit better, albeit not all that much, I fear. In general, it's just not the type of voice I would've put in line with MX.

Sempied

I always like the gravely tone as to MX persona of a literal dying old man. I'd still even like it more if he used his normal voice because then he'd sound even more of an old man. The Japanese sounded like he was trying imitate Norio Wakamoto while choking on his lunchmeat.

@Sky: A lot of people thought it was Tom Kane at first before Nimoy came up as Yoda reminisce ever since the teaser trailer back in late May. Why are are you getting upset over this so late in the idea?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

@Sky: A lot of people thought it was Tom Kane at first before Nimoy came up as Yoda reminisce ever since the teaser trailer back in late May. Why are are you getting upset over this so late in the idea?

Actually from the forums I was on, everyone was directly either saying it was Nimoy or some random fandub. I only heard about 1 person saying he was Yoda's actor but everyone else said it was either Nimoy or a fandub. Again, I don't hear Yoda at all in any of his lines.

I think it fits well. The JAPANESE one didn't fit at all.

Think about it. What is Master Xehanort? He is an 80 year old with a bad back and addiction to smoking darkness. I think Nimoy's voice fits that description well. The Japanese one just sounded like an annoying Darth Sidious impersonator.

Sempied

Actually from the forums I was on, everyone was directly either saying it was Nimoy or some random fandub. I only heard about 1 person saying he was Yoda's actor but everyone else said it was either Nimoy or a fandub. Again, I don't hear Yoda at all in any of his lines.

I think it fits well. The JAPANESE one didn't fit at all.

Think about it. What is Master Xehanort? He is an 80 year old with a bad back and addiction to smoking darkness. I think Nimoy's voice fits that description well. The Japanese one just sounded like an annoying Darth Sidious impersonator.
It was heavily thought to be Yoda here at first as well. DrunkBeardGuy, and I both at Gamespot where they thought the same to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back