• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about the impact Nomura promised us?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasmccann

Awards
Apart from the forum constantly crashing, i don't see anyone affected by that "impact"...
If nomura thought the impact would have been another KH1 look alike (for handheld system D:) i will lose my faith in that guy. If he thought "Hee hee Kingdom Hearts 3D will have an impact beacause its 3D lolz" then going the wrong way. I'm kind of dissapointed with this E3... He went all the way there to announce another handheld game?!?
Who feels the same as me?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura didn't say that, and the person who did confirmed he was talking about KH3D.

i think the impact is not only from the 3d, but what the story intends to do (this -is- the "mystery kh" game, he's been talking about foir a while. the one where he told his producer, all they said was "what?")

Radar

Bronze Member
I dunno man. Re:coded seems pretty cool and theres alot more to learn for KH 3D, but I wouldve liked something more. I really didnt think re:coded would count as one of the two new games (and I still dont) and thats what I'm upset about it. I dont really see any kind of impact, yeah the english bbs trailer was great, and the one new handhold game was cool, but I was expecting a little more.

Maybe I got my hopes up a little, but i dont think you and me are the only ones who are a little upset.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The impact that was spoken of, is KH 3D. And if you ask me, I would definately say it's an impact. I mean look at the games' graphics, it's a graphical impact. Also the game is for a Nitendo system, the Nitendo 3DS, this would be the 4th KH game released for a Nitendo handheld, so this gives the impact that Square may now prefer nitendo for KH. And finally, it's a brand new KH game so that leaves a impact as well.

Chris211

That seemed to be the point of this E3. 3D and some motion-type gaming, I was pretty disappointed this e3, I don't care about 3D or more wii type stuff for xbox or ps3, I just wanted to see trailers and demos for games that I actually enjoy. Show us some great gameplay footage and other stuff, not this kinect and move bullpoo.

@ Memory Master
I'd prefer playing kH games in the future on xbox or ps3, I'd hate to play a KH type game on the wii, that'd make me lose interest in the series personally...but thats just me. I'm hoping for multi-platform.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well I think the impact is simply the fact that they announce and talk about 3 NEW KH GAMES! Not just KH3D. I'm sorry but 3 KH games in one E3 event is actually pretty cool. And they showed us quite a bit of BBS gameplay so I'm actually happy with how E3's going. I mean, what did you all expect? That they would go "GUESS WHAT?! KH3 IS COMING TOMORROW!"

Shadow Key

VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor (Skip the Ad)

"Hashimoto notes that this is the title that would provide "impact" that he hinted at prior to E3."

also...

“Right now we can’t say much about it,” [Nomura] replied. “All I can say is that the Kingdom Hearts for 3DS will not be a port, but a new game. “It will probably be developed by the team who was in charge of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, the Osaka team.”

This leads to conclude that the mysterious Osaka/Square project was Kingdom Hearts 3D. It was also the alluding "impact." As for being "affected"? I'm pretty excited, to be honest. All the KH games announced sound pretty cool, especially KH3D.

Sir Bert Leaman

E3's not over yet, folks! There's still plenty of time for someone to pull a new game announcement or new footage out of their rear. In E3's past, it's typical for the developers to show up and try to make an initial impression and then it's towards the end that anything really surprising is held back and presented just before the end of the show. You don’t want to tip your hand too soon and all that. Nintendo especially does this, usually waiting for the last day to either make a quiet announcement to a closed room of journalists or show a brief teaser during their closing press conference. I don't think it would be beyond Square to pull the same thing.

denizenofevil

E3's not over yet, folks! There's still plenty of time for someone to pull a new game announcement or new footage out of their rear. In E3's past, it's typical for the developers to show up and try to make an initial impression and then it's towards the end that anything really surprising is held back and presented just before the end of the show. You don’t want to tip your hand too soon and all that. Nintendo especially does this, usually waiting for the last day to either make a quiet announcement to a closed room of journalists or show a brief teaser during their closing press conference. I don't think it would be beyond Square to pull the same thing.

I really hope you're right. I think the new game would have made a bigger impact if we were actually given more information about it. All we saw was a logo and 3 screen shots.

Sir Bert Leaman

other then story details what would they even secretly show?

At this point? A quick note that Versus is near completion or even a trailer or release date would be the best news possible, I think. Also, I have to wonder if KH3D isn't just a tech demo. I mean, sure, they're working on a 3DS KH, I'm not debating that, but "KH3D" may not have a story and may just be the result of tossing some models, environments and special effects together in order to demonstrate what the KH visuals will look like on the new system. The many falling Soras especially sound to me like they were testing to see how many objects they could have on screen at once without a problem.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i think similarly about the kh3d trailer
square isnt doing a conference.

MeggieKeyblader

Yeah, I was let down as well. This new KH 3D game looks like it's primary purpose is to advertise the new 3D capabilities, much like the other titles that will be alongside the release of the 3DS; even the title is simply KH 3DS (Unless this is just a tentative title?) I feel like less attention will be on the story and the game-play. Hopefully it doesn't end up like that, though. -__-

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
At this point? A quick note that Versus is near completion or even a trailer or release date would be the best news possible, I think. Also, I have to wonder if KH3D isn't just a tech demo. I mean, sure, they're working on a 3DS KH, I'm not debating that, but "KH3D" may not have a story and may just be the result of tossing some models, environments and special effects together in order to demonstrate what the KH visuals will look like on the new system. The many falling Soras especially sound to me like they were testing to see how many objects they could have on screen at once without a problem.

It was stated in another thread that this was confirmed not to be a tech demo.

It's really most likely a game that's already planned out and in development.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yeah, I was let down as well. This new KH 3D game looks like it's primary purpose is to advertise the new 3D capabilities, much like the other titles that will be alongside the release of the 3DS; even the title is simply KH 3DS (Unless this is just a tentative title?) I feel like less attention will be on the story and the game-play. Hopefully it doesn't end up like that, though. -__-
the title is just tentative.

he wasnt saying that he thought the whole thing was a tech demo, just the trailer. everyone knows they're making a game, we're just questioning if the trailer is truly indicative of what that game will be like.

Sir Bert Leaman

Could you point me in the direction of a direct quote on that? After all, Nomura himself has been known to twist his wording in order to make fans think what he wants them to think. Short of a direct quote that "Kingdom Hearts: 3D is not just a demo." I'm going to be hard to convince just because of how things like this have been handled in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back