• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened to this "Cable Town"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
This "Cable Town" was shown at the 2.5 Launch Event a couple years ago but we've seen no screenshots or footage of this "town".

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"please be excited. (laughs into the fucking moon with his cat)"

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's probably where Disney Castle in KH1 and classic Hollow Bastion in KH II ended up.
The Realm of Disregarded Trailers, where Rage Awakened is the only soundtrack and kinda like the Sleeping Worlds the characters are doomed to recreate the same actions in the same places every 2-3 minutes.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Tbh, to this day, I'm surprised NO ONE got a single pic or video of it. But eh, it's whatevs. And kinda a nice mystery nonetheless~

HakaishinChampa

Awards
@DarkosOverload

Wouldn't be suprised, Kingdom Hearts always scraps something during development.

@Lonbilly

Maybe you couldn't bring phones to the event?

If we get a new trailer soon I would hope to see a bit of Cable Town, it's been a mystery for so long - the gameplay showed new heartless, world, no leaks except we saw concept arts by people who were there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because nothing new has been shown for KH3 in ages. Be patient and we will eventually see it. It was a very beautifully designed world so I imagine it'll be shown in its full glory soon enough. I wish I could share my memory of it.

Nobody took photos because it was Disney holy ground. Nobody wanted to get caught or kicked out.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Last I remember, Cable Town was being associated either with Daybreak Town, or the seemingly housed area on the Land of Departure. There were also theories tying Daybreak with LoD, what with the castles having a similar architectural design.

But like Spock said: only time will tell. xD

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Because nothing new has been shown for KH3 in ages. Be patient and we will eventually see it. It was a very beautifully designed world so I imagine it'll be shown in its full glory soon enough. I wish I could share my memory of it.

Nobody took photos because it was Disney holy ground. Nobody wanted to get caught or kicked out.
i agree with master spocakanort on this patrience is a virture who know hit might be show somewhere like at e3 or at d23 this year

HakaishinChampa

Awards

I guess I could be patient, E3 is around the corner.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Other than the trailer that very few people saw, was there anywhere else that Square mentioned Cable Town?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm pretty sure that Cable Town is the code name for Daybreak Town, or The Land of Departure before it became The Land of Departure.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Maybe it's like Monstro, where the world was later expanded into Prankster's Paradise in a later title. Land of Departure is more universal of a title, though, so maybe Cable Town is just the name of the town, like how London is just the name for the British part of Neverland.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe it's like Monstro, where the world was later expanded into Prankster's Paradise in a later title. Land of Departure is more universal of a title, though, so maybe Cable Town is just the name of the town, like how London is just the name for the British part of Neverland.

If Cable Town is inside the Land of Departure, then either it'll be integrated into it, or it'll be a "world" inside another one. There's precedent for that, what with Space Paranoids being inside Radiant Garden.

DefiantHeart

Awards

It must suck to know stuff and can't show people huh? I honestly could never understand those exclusive events... a select group gets a glimpse of something, and have to keep it entirely to themselves.. while the rest of the world doesn't know, and gets upset for not knowing due to whatever reason. It basically just breaks up a community when there's a situation like that... and honestly, if Square Enix constantly did that, I'd probably just quit the series out of frustration myself. Whatevs... technology will eventually force it to where there's no longer any secrets or boundaries anymore, so yeah, whatevs...

Still, if I do meet Nomura, I'd love to ask why they do this... he'd probably just shrug and blame greed.

The whole situation just sours my disposition towards Cable Town's reveal honestly, I'm basically going to shrug my shoulders too and say, "who cares?" XD

( I've already been negative towards KH 3's reveals... and part of me is debating on getting the game and supporting the franchise.)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It must suck to know stuff and can't show people huh? I honestly could never understand those exclusive events... a select group gets a glimpse of something, and have to keep it entirely to themselves.. while the rest of the world doesn't know, and gets upset for not knowing due to whatever reason. It basically just breaks up a community when there's a situation like that... and honestly, if Square Enix constantly did that, I'd probably just quit the series out of frustration myself. Whatevs... technology will eventually force it to where there's no longer any secrets or boundaries anymore, so yeah, whatevs...

Still, if I do meet Nomura, I'd love to ask why they do this... he'd probably just shrug and blame greed.

The whole situation just sours my disposition towards Cable Town's reveal honestly, I'm basically going to shrug my shoulders too and say, "who cares?" XD

( I've already been negative towards KH 3's reveals... and part of me is debating on getting the game and supporting the franchise.)

After seeing some projects getting canned (MEGAMAN Legends 3), and delayed (THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Breath of the Wild), I'm a vocal in terms of revealing a game too early in its development stages. They should reveal a game once they have a lot of the game made. Maybe 75% of it done.

Which brings me to a point I'll make about the exclusive look at Cable Town: what was shown was most likely concept. Cable Town may not be in the full game; either as a concept, or as we know it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
One day it will show up on GamingDidYouKnow or Egg Busters and this stressful mystery will be put to rest.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Gamerjoint covered Cable Town, well at least the lost trailer. There were some concepts like:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Muke

whatever
Awards
lmao that dude didn't even give any credit or even link them, did he
well, was to be expected from gamersjoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back