• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the Next Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah and i appreciate that...so i'd be expecting KH3 in 2014 sadly....

Well, it's not like Rome was built in a day xD With SE's recent statement about minimizing time on big dev projects by outsourcing the tedious grunt work to other companies they work close with, we might have a chance at seeing KH3 sooner than most other SE games we've seen in the last few years.

impart

Climb The Sky
KINGDOM KARTS!!!!!

600full-my-profile.jpg

no, not really, but it would be great if it were true
Id like an HD collection, get to see KH1 all fancy

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I love the Kingdom Karts joke to pieces (because it just sounds so perfect), i really hope it never ever happens because i'm just horrible at racing games like it took me ages to beat the stuff in BBS because i was so terribad :x rhythm games are so much more easy to me ; w;

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
While I love the Kingdom Karts joke to pieces (because it just sounds so perfect), i really hope it never ever happens because i'm just horrible at racing games like it took me ages to beat the stuff in BBS because i was so terribad :x rhythm games are so much more easy to me ; w;

Don't worry! Because it will never happen because if they would go casual for a KH game they'd take the easy way out and make Theatrhthym because it's less work and programming, and a lot easier than creating a whole new game from scratch :3

State

Awards
I would just LOVE laughing at Maleficent fitting in those karts, lol.

The Nameless

Well, if you go this way, then that way, then go s
Well, remember that idea I had ten months ago about Guitar Hero: Kingdom Hearts that you all said was a dumbass idea? It would fit perfectly into this role.

---

It could be a DLC title and use the Warriors Of Rock game engine. It would have 25 songs programmed into it (you can buy 5-song packs for $4.99, 10-song packs for $9.99, and one random song for $.99).

---

There would be no story mode; you'd have everything from the start. You can still make 20 characters and go online.

---

The good parts? Guitar Hero would make a return and SE does basically none of the work, because GH is developed by Neversoft. See? I knew this would come in handy someday.

---

-The Nameless-

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure everyone would prefer Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts as opposed to Guitar Hero.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would just LOVE laughing at Maleficent fitting in those karts, lol.

Maleficent? Try Pete or Lexaeus, lol.

Let Pete also drop banana peels as traps for other racers and you have KH's equivalent to Donkey Kong.
And why I can I suddenly imagine Vanitas gleefully shooting other racers with red homing koopa shells, Ven rushing away from everyone with the speed feather or Ansem SoD summoning the Guardian to punch other karts out of the way when he wants to overtake, of course with an obligatory "SUBMIT!", rofl.
Not to mention Lea/Axel leaving a trail of flame behind his kart and shouting "Get it memorized" when another racer runs into it, Aqua blocking attacks against her kart with a barrier, Riku ramming other racers away by cloaking his kart in "Dark Aura" and Sora shooting other karts from the course by "Strike raiding them", lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well the point is that Nomura recognizes there are a ton of games spread out on different systems, so a smaller and irrelevant title would be fine.
Smaller & irrelevant=/=complete change of genre. Coded is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme but was still for the most part an action RPG.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Smaller & irrelevant=/=complete change of genre. Coded is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme but was still for the most part an action RPG.

And yet the game still contains details that you need to understand future games. I wouldn't consider it irrelevant or small.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
KINGDOM KARTS!!!!!

600full-my-profile.jpg

no, not really, but it would be great if it were true
Id like an HD collection, get to see KH1 all fancy

I know it's a joke but I think I would throw money at that. They should all be in their Avatar forms.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Well, remember that idea I had ten months ago about Guitar Hero: Kingdom Hearts that you all said was a dumbass idea? It would fit perfectly into this role.

---

The good parts? Guitar Hero would make a return and SE does basically none of the work, because GH is developed by Neversoft. See? I knew this would come in handy someday.

---

-The Nameless-

1. The Guitar Hero Franchise is dead, it no longer exists
2. Theatrhythm would sell more
3. Theatrhythm is wanted more by fans

raycat27_2003

Awards
What I don't understand is, and maybe someone can clarify this for me, how an HD Collection be considered a "light" game as some of you have been saying. Because the way I see it, you'd have to remaster everything, depending on what games are used for the Collection. They're probably add trophies and stuff like that and who knows how long that'll take. Plus, if I recall correctly, Disney lost the rights to Tarzan. They'd have to work on getting the rights back before even considering releasing a collection.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
And yet the game still contains details that you need to understand future games.
Not really. The most substantial cutscene was the 1 added in the DS version. The callback scene in DDD is pretty much a throwaway, just to give Lea an entrance.

I wouldn't consider it irrelevant or small.
Then I guess you wouldn't consider an iOS game small or irrelevant either. On the gaming hardware food chain, iphone is a few steps above pre-smartphone era cell phones. I couldn't possibly imagine a game on it being less substantial than the original Coded.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What I don't understand is, and maybe someone can clarify this for me, how an HD Collection be considered a "light" game as some of you have been saying. Because the way I see it, you'd have to remaster everything, depending on what games are used for the Collection. They're probably add trophies and stuff like that and who knows how long that'll take. Plus, if I recall correctly, Disney lost the rights to Tarzan. They'd have to work on getting the rights back before even considering releasing a collection.

1) Tarzan rights expired in the United States all at the same time. Not just Disney's rights to the movie they made based on books. I wouldn't know how things were drawn up by the legal department but there should have been clauses that protected the game for any future release. Most contracts are made to protect future releases on media on current and future technology, but then again KH1 was made in 2002 so who knows how they wrote it up...especially since there was all of the Square Soft - Enix stuff happening at that time...

2) Light meaning they don't have to completely develop a new game. The games already exist and it wouldn't take too big of a team to work on it. Or they can easily outsource a remaster to another company if they need to.

Not really. The most substantial cutscene was the 1 added in the DS version. The callback scene in DDD is pretty much a throwaway, just to give Lea an entrance.

Do you honestly think I was ever talking about the phone game? The point of the game was to teach the audience about the data hiding in Sora, which is then called back at the very end of DDD when Riku talks to Ansem about it so again it did have importance.

Then I guess you wouldn't consider an iOS game small or irrelevant either. On the gaming hardware food chain, iphone is a few steps above pre-smartphone era cell phones. I couldn't possibly imagine a game on it being less substantial than the original Coded.

I'm calling the fact that they'd make a game with no plot importance on something that usually has small, casual games "irrelevant and small".

axel95

Awards
Do you honestly think I was ever talking about the phone game? The point of the game was to teach the audience about the data hiding in Sora, which is then called back at the very end of DDD when Riku talks to Ansem about it so again it did have importance.
One scene that you can look up on the Internet doesn't warrant a $40.00 purchase and putting about 40 hours into it. I do think Re:coded is a fun game and it is a good buy, but if you bought the game for story, you got hardly anything. Just my two cents.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
One scene that you can look up on the Internet doesn't warrant a $40.00 purchase and putting about 40 hours into it. I do think Re:coded is a fun game and it is a good buy, but if you bought the game for story, you got hardly anything. Just my two cents.

He's got a point, a very good point

axel95

Awards
I think that the next game will be an HD collection. It just makes sense, with KH3 coming sometime in the next 25 years.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think that the next game will be an HD collection. It just makes sense, with KH3 coming sometime in the next 25 years.

I don't think the NEXT game will be an HD remaster, but I think one will come out before KH3. I am thinking Theatrhythm: KH may be next. Or at least I hope :p Or Kingdom Karts haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back