• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you rate BBS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87467
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Cons:
- Empty worlds. Seriously. What? Ghosts in the audience in OC?
- Short scenarios. (It took 20 minutes at most per world, taking my time.)
- Easier than KH2. (For me it was. It was waaay too easy. On Proud. Should've done Critical.)
- There is little replay value. (This goes with the fact the Command Board I found pointless and dull, and actually replaying as each character? Hell no! Not worth it!! I won't be playing it again for quite some time. I'll play again at some point in the future.)
- I'm not sure if it was the Western portrayal of Aqua and Terra or just the VA's, but they seriously lacked for most of their scenarios. Emotionless, bland, etc. Aqua I think was mostly due to the VA. However she nailed a few parts quite well. Terra was just an angsty idiot I was bored with after about two worlds in. Ven was the only one I enjoined playing as throughout the entire scenario. (Personal speculation.)

While BBS was a great game, it's not my favorite, and I won't be playing it again for quite some time. My focus is geared toward Re:Coded for now.

1. You are aware that this is a PSP game right? Just saying...
2. Meh, they aren't that short but whatever.
3. o_0 what? BBS is NOT easier than KH2. Are you even playing the same game now?
4. The Command Board is optional so I don't see why that should count as a "con." And "little replay value" is something I'd disagree with. First off, there's Mirage Arena, 2 secret bosses, crown stickers, completing 100% on Disney Town, leveling up all the D-Links, etc. I'd say there's plenty of replay value.
5. I HIGHLY disagree with this one. Terra was pretty good 90% of the time while Willa Holland barely put emotion. But hey, that's your opinion so whatever...

denizenofevil

9.7/10

I loved the story and most of the voice acting and I loved the graphics and music and I loved the replay value. The only issue I have with the game is the load times and Terra's voice which, in the scheme of things really isn't a big deal. The load times are pretty noticeable even with the full data install and it's even worse when you're trying to watch all the cutscenes in theater mode. I think they could have put in multiplayer infrastructure considering how much there is to do after finishing the game in the mirage arena. Still, BBS is the best KH game to date, in my opinion.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Anything above a 8 and below a 9. Sure, the story is fun and the characters are likable, but I kinda look past the first layer and look at the heart of the game. Some things in the game just kinda distracted me from the overall flavor. Biggest issue is the camera. It is unbelievable that they could make a camera that is worse than their previous games. The camera should always be by me, not all away across the area, thereby ruining my sense of depth. Even the boss mechanics seemed iffy. For example, Ven's first boss. Like Wheelmaster, it could jump and do a slam. But, when targetting the Wheelmaster, when it jumps, lock on is broken. But with Ven's boss, it effing stays. No, seriously, I kept dying because my camera shoved my view to the sky and I had no idea where I was. I can understand being lazy later in the game, but come on. It is the first boss.

Onto bosses. Why are they not scaled? If I come from a lower leveled world and I go to a higher leveled one, I get tougher Unversed. But that does not mean at all that I get tougher bosses. Never Land is the last new world for Terra. Are we really going to end it with fifty of the weakest Unversed? Right before we face some of the toughest bosses in the game? I have no idea what to expect from bosses when I get there. Will they be putty or cheap as hell? It is impossible to predict.

This is more personal, but I am a bit put off by the three perspectives. It works in books, but not so much video games. I power up Ven to his potential and then I move to Terra. Oh hell I have to beef up Terra from the ground up! I'm not looking forward to melding again for Aqua. I like being kickass. I am ticked that I have to redo all the melding every time I start up a new character.

Commands are broken as heck. They are way too strong when the game should be harder. I didn't even use D Links as Ven or Terra. Heck, I never used Shotlocks for Terra until the end because the final boss is so cheap. I could easily beat ass with the same Command over and over. Where is the difficulty? If it wasn't for Critical, this game wouldn't have any.

BBS is a fun and worthwhile game but it is far from earning a 9/10

Allister Rose

French Lover
with that responce i might have given it a 8/10...still, i agree on the flavor of the story...for some reason it felt very inconsistent when i think about it. theres some nostalgia factor, but it has those new elements you would only get to see in prequels.

i might dim my rating to an 8/10 after all.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Around 8/10.

Pros:
- Adds to the overall story.
- Well written story.
- Beautifully portrayed. (The fact it was emotionally captivating in the end and the graphics.)
- The fact Disney Worlds became a bit more relevant.
- New battle system. (Better than Days. Days kinda sucked. D: )
- Secret Ending.
- Music. Yoko Shimomura is so talented and I love her work. <3
- Braig, Isa, Lea. x) 'Nuff said.
- Hell, throw in little Sora and little Riku. <3

Cons:
- Empty worlds. Seriously. What? Ghosts in the audience in OC?
- Short scenarios. (It took 20 minutes at most per world, taking my time.)
- Easier than KH2. (For me it was. It was waaay too easy. On Proud. Should've done Critical.)
- There is little replay value. (This goes with the fact the Command Board I found pointless and dull, and actually replaying as each character? Hell no! Not worth it!! I won't be playing it again for quite some time. I'll play again at some point in the future.)
- I'm not sure if it was the Western portrayal of Aqua and Terra or just the VA's, but they seriously lacked for most of their scenarios. Emotionless, bland, etc. Aqua I think was mostly due to the VA. However she nailed a few parts quite well. Terra was just an angsty idiot I was bored with after about two worlds in. Ven was the only one I enjoined playing as throughout the entire scenario. (Personal speculation.)

While BBS was a great game, it's not my favorite, and I won't be playing it again for quite some time. My focus is geared toward Re:Coded for now.

Probably the best rating in this thread.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
that easy on proud? I played Critical and thought it was incredibly hard (perfect), I will play next time on proud to see the differens

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
only basing this from what i've seen, i'll make a better judgment after i actually play BBS

story: 9
gameplay (haven't tried it but): 9
soundtrack: 9.5
voice acting: 7, it could've been so much better
graphics: 9

so yeah like a 9 overall

Mister E

Gameplay: 8. It's fantastic fun to play, even just beating the hell out of enemies. However, the levels are very empty and very flat. I wish there was a bit more platforming. There is a decent amount of replayability in there though, particularly in the way of the secret bosses and the Trinity Archives.
Story: 9. Satisfactorily ties up a lot of loose ends, whilst simultaneously being genuinely interesting and intriguing. The characters are well written, and Vanitas and Master Xehanort are the best villains in the series so far. Cameos by fan favourites help too, and the secret ending is very, very interesting.
Audio: 7. Yoko Shimamura does a stand-up job again in terms of music, but the voice acting is the spanner in the works here. Whilst some characters are really very good (Vanitas, Eraqus, Master Xehanort, Ventus), others do let it down significantly (TERRA TERRA TERRA).
Graphics: 9. Once again, Square pushes the PSP to the limit and delivers a cracking looking game. I was particularly impressed with the optional colour depth and hardware acceleration toggles.

Overall: 8.25/10. Good job once again, Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back