• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where exactly can they go??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Wait, quick question, where was it confirmed that there will be a storyline after Xehanorts saga ends?
It was in the BbS Ultimania interviews

-- KHIII will be the continuation of the story we’ve seen up until now, right?

Nomura: Yes that’s right. Though fans probably think that the series will end with KHIII, the KH series we are developing right now, including KHIII, is just the first part of a bigger series. The main character of the KH series is Sora, but right now the first part could be considered “The Xehanort Chronicles”, since after all the enemy has always been Xehanort right from the first game.

-- I see, so KHIII will complete The Xehanort Chronicles?

Nomura: Yes, that’s sort of how we’re thinking. So even if Xehanort’s story ends, Sora will still have other adventures to go on.

-- So it’s not “Once Sora’s story is finished, another hero’s story will begin”, the hero is always Sora.

Nomura: Yes. One of the concepts behind the KH series is that the main character Sora isn’t special, he’s just a normal boy. Yes he does have connections with Ventus’ heart, among others, but he hasn’t inherited anything from them. He’s just a normal boy you could find anywhere. I wanted to make Sora a character that the player could take onto themselves and feel that you don’t have to be special. But connect to many people and you will realize your secret potential. With BbS I want to make fans excited to see Sora’s return. The secret event is a symbol of that, so I hope everyone will get to see it and wait for Sora’s next adventure.
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/147012-ultimania-full-nomura-interview.html

Nate

Oh, I wonder why I've never seen that before...Anyway, thank you!

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I myself wouldn't mind a new villain who is obsessed with Light, like some have said. Maybe someone who is intrigued by the origins of the Keyblade? Only if they can pull it off.

But I'm pretty sure they'll come up with something great.

That'd be a great idea. Master Eraqus was like that. He Thought Light was the be all and all of the Universe.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Destiny's End said:
Also, is it me, or do some people feel like Sora's story is going to be over after KH3? I don't mean like him dying, but like a passing the Torch so to speak. I've had some thoughts about this. I've had this feeling that a new character will inherit The Keyblade and Sora's story will be done, leaving that new character to pick up where he left off.

Take a look at Ragnell's post above and you have your answer from the main creator of the story himself, lol.

Ethnic Woman said:
But they were still people who wielded a Keyblade, and to me that seems like too many for a weapon we are to believe is rare in the universe. Then the fact there ARE more wielders out there just makes the Keyblade seem overused.

Err, wasn't that bolded part above already discarded right after KH 1?
I faintly remember Nomura saying somewhere that there are as many keyblades as there are qualified hearts.

Magnum

But they were still people who wielded a Keyblade, and to me that seems like too many for a weapon we are to believe is rare in the universe. Then the fact there ARE more wielders out there just makes the Keyblade seem overused.

Hahaha, rare. Considering there's a whole graveyard of keyblades, it doesn't seem very rare.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Err, wasn't that bolded part above already discarded right after KH 1?
I faintly remember Nomura saying somewhere that there are as many keyblades as there are qualified hearts.

It was, but that doesn't take away the fact they are still pretty rare in that we only know of the ones related to Sora's story.

Hahaha, rare. Considering there's a whole graveyard of keyblades, it doesn't seem very rare.

Right, because the fact most of the Keyblade Wielders were wiped out during the Keyblade War means they aren't rare now?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Right, because the fact most of the Keyblade Wielders were wiped out during the Keyblade War means they aren't rare now?
We don't really now that either The World is vast. Who's to say there aren't a mass of Keyblade Wielder out there? Nothing stopping Nomura from coming up with something like that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ethnic Woman said:
It was, but that doesn't take away the fact they are still pretty rare in that we only know of the ones related to Sora's story.
Yeah, but that may be because as of now we're not supposed to know more.
If Nomura wants to he could even introduce the 7 dark princes of heart as male counterparts to the princesses of heart, making them antagonists and give them a whole army of keyblade wielders.
In that case Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua and Ven would be very quickly vastly outnumbered. Even if we throw in additionally Roxas and Xion it wouldn't change much.
If an army of keyblade wielders as enemies would be an interesting story...well, that's debatable.

loke13 said:
We don't really now that either The World is vast. Who's to say there aren't a mass of Keyblade Wielder out there? Nothing stopping Nomura from coming up with something like that.

Indeed, by telling nothing or only some small bits Nomura keeps himself open many roads to take.

ICECOOL113

They might just pull a 180 and introduce like "keyblade heros in the future" with brand new young heroes. Maybe even living a world where everyone knows about the great hero Sora and this is like his reincarnation or lost son or something.

Crystal

Silver Member
I thnik new villian will be introduce, possible we will having some hint about him/her in KH3 (maybe secret ending or secret boss).

Decrith

I remember dreaming how I wanted KH4 to be, Sora & Riku are off in their new adventure and somewhere in a new world, a guy spots them and the keyblade and tries to protect his world by facing S&R, the new guy won't listen to reason and forces Sora & Riku out of his world. Then sometime after that, the new bad guy destroys the world and the new guy flies of between the worlds. The new guy is on his own adventure, fighting off the bad guy's minions and eventually near the end, he sees the bad guy defeating S&R. Realizing his mistake, he joins the fight and magically weilds a keyblade in the middle of the battle, then the 3 eventually defeat the new bad guy.

Tatsu

I can see the next series revolving around Sora finding other keyblade masters to form an order only the other masters start envying each other and war begins to break out.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I agree with you about having the villain not be a Keyblade wielder. But I had a slightly different idea a while ago. Wouldn't it be cool to have some ancient villain who despises Keyblade wielders and blames them for the Keyblade War? I think it would be a nice way to flesh out the Keyblade War a little more without actually going back to it. Also, then the villain would have a specific reason for his evil (wanting to wipe out Keyblade wielders), and would be less black-and-white evil because he's only trying to protect the worlds from people he thinks are dangerous, and he is, strictly speaking, right. This could tie in with corrupt light as well.

I dunno, just a though.

one of the best ideas i've heard. i really hope Nomura delivers.

I honestly believe there is a crap load of keyblade apprentices and master simply because Master Xehanort pretty much planned on creating another keyblade war. they'd need a good number of participants

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I myself wouldn't mind a new villain who is obsessed with Light, like some have said. Maybe someone who is intrigued by the origins of the Keyblade? Only if they can pull it off.

But I'm pretty sure they'll come up with something great.

Ooh! That does sound like a good idea. Then the characters will have a hard time deciding to fight him or not, because he's trying good but he's too obsessed with it. More emotion from the characters, I think.

Lady-Lee

Awards
You know, the thing that I want most for this next series is probably the most unlikely thing that could happen in the history of video games. Let's say the idea of a person over using the power of light is adopted, I would love to see the PoH's go on an Eraqus style light power trip. SRK (mostly kairi) have to take it upon themselves to stop the now corrupted princesses and bring them back to their senses. (it will never happen, but i would loove to see a dark side to the disney princesses.)

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
You know, the thing that I want most for this next series is probably the most unlikely thing that could happen in the history of video games. Let's say the idea of a person over using the power of light is adopted, I would love to see the PoH's go on an Eraqus style light power trip. SRK (mostly kairi) have to take it upon themselves to stop the now corrupted princesses and bring them back to their senses. (it will never happen, but i would loove to see a dark side to the disney princesses.)

Sounds pretty cool. >xD

Cinderella trying to kill you with her glass slipper. (The only princess with an actual weapon in her disposal.)

kluck

I agree with you about having the villain not be a Keyblade wielder. But I had a slightly different idea a while ago. Wouldn't it be cool to have some ancient villain who despises Keyblade wielders and blames them for the Keyblade War? I think it would be a nice way to flesh out the Keyblade War a little more without actually going back to it. Also, then the villain would have a specific reason for his evil (wanting to wipe out Keyblade wielders), and would be less black-and-white evil because he's only trying to protect the worlds from people he thinks are dangerous, and he is, strictly speaking, right. This could tie in with corrupt light as well.

I dunno, just a though.

And then Scar finds out that the Amestis' didn't start the Ishbalan war. \D

Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea. I'm just expecting something 90% original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back