• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which version of KHIII will you buy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Version of KHIII Will You Buy?

• Collectors Edition Copy

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Limited Edition Copy

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Normal Retail Copy

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Digital Download Copy

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
If SE releases a CE and LE copy of KHIII, which version of the game would you buy? The digital download, the regular retail copy, the limited edition copy, or the collectors edition copy?

I hope they have CE and LE for KHIII, because I feel like Square could make a lot of money with a CE version of KHIII because I'm pretty sure a lot of fans would buy it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It absolutely depends what is in the CE and LE. Depending on how different they were, I possibly would buy both and sell the extra game copy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There will absolutely be a CE. For me it depends on what it looks like and what it comes with. If it is something I find worth the purchase, I'll definitely pick up the CE. If Japan gets something better, well diddly I'm buying from Japan as well xD For the sake of us all, SE better make one CE version for all regions so nobody gets diddlyed over.

If I like them all enough, I'll buy it all somehow. Probably one version from Japan and one from North America.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
With the recent survey, I really hope they would consider throwing in some beautiful stuff into the CE or LE. I think I'm like Spock... I'd get the one that I believe is worth the most for the English copy, but if the Japanese copy comes with even nicer stuff, I'd go out of my way to get it as well.

Digital download is never my thing, because I prefer the physical presence of the game. That way I can set the case, or whatever else that comes with it, for display alongside my figures.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm with everyone else on this. It depends entirely on what they're including with the CE and LE. I'll be importing the Japanese version regardless (unless they announce dual-audio) but I hope that FOR ONCE, each region will receive the same goodies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Everyone makes a good point, I just kind of put it in my mind already that if a CE is available, no matter what's in it I'm gonna get it lol. Didn't even think of the possibility of different things in the JP CE.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I hope that FOR ONCE, each region will receive the same goodies.

And though this might sound too idealistic, I hope that for once, everyone in the world will get equal chances of getting these special editions. I'm still quite upset that I had to jump through hoops to get myself the LE copy of 1.5 because it wasn't available where I was staying when it came out, and I couldn't pre-order it from the NA store because they don't ship there. I'd imagine where I am right now, if things stay the same, I'd have even slimmer chance.

axel95

Awards
I don't want them to do a collector's edition AND a limited edition, unless you could get the bonuses of the limited edition with the collector's edition. I will get the collector's edition, even if I have to perform unspeakable actions in order to afford it.

unbound_word

I'm pretty sure it'll happen next year. As I mentioned in another forum, 2002-2015 is 13 years in the making. Tetsuya will most likely announce a 13th anniversary collector's edition, considering there are 13 top floors in Castle Oblivion, 13 worlds in most games, 13 black coats (most with evil intentions, few turned over a new leaf), 13 reports in KH, KH2, and KH BBB, and 13 darknesses of the 20 x-blade pieces.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Depends on what's in them.

If, say, the CE has all the contents of the LE plus more, then the CE obviously. If they are two completely separate versions, then I guess I'm buying them both.

No way in hell would I get a digital copy though. It probably won't even exist to be honest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It probably won't even exist to be honest.

SCE most likely has some requirement that PS4 games have to have a digital version. I have yet to see a PS4 game without one and I doubt KH3 would be exempt. (Especially since you have to install KH3 to your HDD anyways)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Honestly, I'll buy whatever special editions I can get. I got the Mark of Mastery Edition for 3D and then Limited Edition with 1.5. If any special editions are announced, I will preorder asap and pay them off as I go. Hell, if somehow there's even a limited edition PS4 or something, I'll probably try to get my hands on it.

Also, if SE decides to not be dumb and actually release games they're developing on PC for PC, then I'm gonna get KH3 on PC so long as I can get it on Steam.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
SCE most likely has some requirement that PS4 games have to have a digital version.
Is that so? I never heard about that. Only thing I knew Sony wanted was to require all PS4 games to be compatible with Remote Play on Vita.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Is that so? I never heard about that. Only thing I knew Sony wanted was to require all PS4 games to be compatible with Remote Play on Vita.

It does seem to be this way now. Pretty much every game that's come out for the PS4 has a digital version. Sony seems to really be pushing digital releases.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah, they are required to release the game digitally at the same time as the retail copy.

And I'll probably just get the digital version. I was never much of a collector.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Assuming that I happen to possess a PS4 by the time that the game comes out (which, if things keep going the way that they have, I kind of doubt), then I'll do whatever it takes to get a physical copy of the CE...assuming that it is simply the LE with more stuff. I probably won't go with a digital copy, though. I tend to prefer to have physical copies of games whenever possible since I happen to like collecting the cases and instruction manuals (at least, back when games had instruction manuals) to peruse through every once in a while.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I don't want them to do a collector's edition AND a limited edition, unless you could get the bonuses of the limited edition with the collector's edition. I will get the collector's edition, even if I have to perform unspeakable actions in order to afford it.

I hate when the Collector's Edition cuts out some of the goodies that come with the Limited Edition. CE's are more expensive, so just make the price whatever it needs to be for me to get everything in one purchase.

I'm going to say Collector's Edition for now (if they even end up having two options), but unless it comes with something way better than the LE, then I'll just buy the latter (I'm not worried about getting an extra sheet of stickers and a lanyard for 20 bucks more or anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back