• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who has actually aged? (TAV) + Where is Terra? (It may contain KH3D spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonesFangs

Website
leonesfangs.deviantart.com
We've seen that Aqua and Even have not aged. So, it wouldn't be right if Terra just did. It's also kinda weird to think about, when the three are back, they'll be around the same age as Sora and the others. But technically they're over 10 years older. ' I wonder if Aqua will still want to pat Sora and Riku's head?' Even though Riku will almost be the same age as her.

Aqua might end up with Riku if Terra has a tragic end.. just hoping because Riku needs someone..

des97

Awards
Of course Even and the others didn't age, because it's been stated that Nobodies don't age. They aged during the time between KH BBS and KH1 when they still were "somebodies" and after that they stopped, then they came back in KH 3D and their age must now be the same moments before their hearts were released. Terra, however, follows a different path. Terra's body, controlled by Xehanort for a good decade, has 3 hearts inside it (Terra's, Xehanort's and Eraqus's). Therefore, according to what we've learnt through the games and the inverviews, someone actually ages only if he/she is composed by the heart and the body, things that are present in Terranort from the very beginning. I don't actually see any reason why Terra shouldn't be 10 years older.

Anagram

Banned
Nobodies not aging seems to be a potential not standard because Ienzo, Lea and Isa are all older than they appear in BBS and we know the incipient that made them nobodies doesn't take place long after Ansem found Xehanort. A year at most.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Of course Even and the others didn't age, because it's been stated that Nobodies don't age. They aged during the time between KH BBS and KH1 when they still were "somebodies" and after that they stopped, then they came back in KH 3D and their age must now be the same moments before their hearts were released.
Except not only did Ienzo age this whole time as a Nobody, he reformed as an adult instead of kid. Same with Lea and Isa.
As for the other apprentices, they're already adults so their appearances probably wouldn't have changed too much in ten years.
The only difference we see is Xaldin and Xigbar had longer hair and Xigbar's had streaks of grey, and the problem is we don't know if either of that is a result of age or as a result of becoming a Nobody (or in the case of Xigbar's grey hair, a result of Xehanort's influence.)

des97

Awards
As for the other apprentices, they're already adults so their appearances probably wouldn't have changed too much in ten years.
My very first thoughts. Exactly what I meant.
[...] (or in the case of Xigbar's grey hair, a result of Xehanort's influence.)
A friend of mine suggested this theory as well, even though ending up having all the 13 darknesses with grey/white hair wouldn't be too cool imho.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My very first thoughts. Exactly what I meant.
Except you said that their appearance didn't change was because they were Nobodies, not because they're adults. Sorry, I just really felt the need to say this.

A friend of mine suggested this theory as well, even though ending up having all the 13 darknesses with grey/white hair wouldn't be too cool imho.
No it wouldn't. To bad Xehanort probably doesn't care if his vessels look cool. XD

des97

Awards
Except you said that their appearance didn't change was because they were Nobodies, not because they're adults. Sorry, I just really felt the need to say this.
What I actually said was that, given the fact that nobodies don't age, then they must've aged during the time between KH BBS and KH1 (I don't even know how much time has passed). Not that I am really sure that nobodies don't age, I was just trying to give an explaination according to what I had previosly heard. I probably expressed myself bad, though. More accurately, I'd say:
1) If nobodies don't age, the apprentices must have aged before they were turned into nobodies, between KH BBS and KH1 (and this period must be long enough for Ienzo, Isa and Lea to grow up a little bit)
2) If nobodies age, the apprentices have aged normally lol

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Nobodies not aging seems to be a potential not standard because Ienzo, Lea and Isa are all older than they appear in BBS and we know the incipient that made them nobodies doesn't take place long after Ansem found Xehanort. A year at most.
Hmm... I always thought that the event that turned them into Nobodies was shortly before KH1 actually. And that as a result Ienzo, Lea, and Isa would've had a good 8 years or so of normal aging, and thus appear as adults, before becoming Nobodies and joining Org. XIII. I have a hard time believing that it took an entire decade for the Heartless to spread from Hollow Bastion to the other worlds.

Anagram

Banned
Hmm... I always thought that the event that turned them into Nobodies was shortly before KH1 actually. And that as a result Ienzo, Lea, and Isa would've had a good 8 years or so of normal aging, and thus appear as adults, before becoming Nobodies and joining Org. XIII. I have a hard time believing that it took an entire decade for the Heartless to spread from Hollow Bastion to the other worlds.

Sadly no. If you talk to Leon in KH1 about midway through the game he mentions that he and the others escaped their home world 9yrs prior during Maleficents initial attack on the world. BBS takes place 10yrs prior to KH1.
There's only a years difference between Ansem finding Xehanort and Xehanort rebelling.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
Still not sure if nobodies age or not. Even and the others would be hard to tell if they aged more or not, because they were already adults. Namine aged, remember? And Sora was 14 when Roxas would have been born, and in KH2, Roxas looks 15.
I've also concidered that Xigbar has grey highlights from Xehanort. He did say "I'm already half Xehanort." And look what it did to Terra! His hair turned white fast!
Maybe Terra's heart isn't in his body anymore. Remember in BbS? He and Ventus were together when the said Sora's name. So their hear's must've been sleeping. But that means... Where's his heart now?! Hearts don't age when they're asleep.
Sora and Riku had to have had a reason to go to the sleeping worlds. They know how to aweken sleeping hearts now! I bet it'll be hard finding Terra's heart... But he has to come back some time!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
That's what I find strange. It all happened within the span of 1 year, which I guess is enough time for the experiments but gosh Ienzo was pummeled by puberty/growth spurt. Perhaps if Leon didn't make that remark in KH 1, they would have changed the time between BBS and 1.

Anagram

Banned
It's possible Nomura has forgotten his own time placement as well. I k ow Leon said it in KH1 but I'm not sure is Nomura has mentioned the timeframe in any recent interviews.

des97

Awards
It's possible Nomura has forgotten his own time placement as well. I k ow Leon said it in KH1 but I'm not sure is Nomura has mentioned the timeframe in any recent interviews.
It might as well be a plothole as you mention, I find it hard to believe that the heartless took so much to spread throughout Radiant Garden.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Still not sure if nobodies age or not. Even and the others would be hard to tell if they aged more or not, because they were already adults. Namine aged, remember? And Sora was 14 when Roxas would have been born, and in KH2, Roxas looks 15.
I've also concidered that Xigbar has grey highlights from Xehanort. He did say "I'm already half Xehanort." And look what it did to Terra! His hair turned white fast!
Maybe Terra's heart isn't in his body anymore. Remember in BbS? He and Ventus were together when the said Sora's name. So their hear's must've been sleeping. But that means... Where's his heart now?! Hearts don't age when they're asleep.
Sora and Riku had to have had a reason to go to the sleeping worlds. They know how to aweken sleeping hearts now! I bet it'll be hard finding Terra's heart... But he has to come back some time!

Roxas already looked fifteen at the beginning of Days.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
That's what I find strange. It all happened within the span of 1 year, which I guess is enough time for the experiments but gosh Ienzo was pummeled by puberty/growth spurt. Perhaps if Leon didn't make that remark in KH 1, they would have changed the time between BBS and 1.
Nomura may not have had much of a choice to write around the one-year gap explained in KH1, but he certainly had the choice to portray Ienzo at that age in BBS. By the time of BBS' development, he should have had a general idea as to where the series was going, so I'd like to think that there is some sound logic to Ienzo's youth.

Woo, 4,000th post; started from the bottom.

Anagram

Banned
It might as well be a plothole as you mention, I find it hard to believe that the heartless took so much to spread throughout Radiant Garden.

Whether it's a plothole or not depends on if he referenced the time gap in material after KH1. Such as an interview for BBS or something.
You could also always use that whole "burgeoning hearts' jargon of Xemnas to explain some aging. Xemnas did mention some of his members were further along than others. Ienzo simply could've been someone with a more developed heart. *shrugs* I dunno at this point it's hard for me to care with things like this in the series anymore.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think it's safe to assume that Zexion's heart was coming back. His disposition was distrustful of Xemnas, and he was Ansem the Wise's favorite and I think regretted his decision the most.

The apprentices became nobodies one year after BBS. They didn't wait in a disheveled castle for a decade before doing so.

Anagram

Banned
In hindsight it'd even be more unlikely or ridiculous to think the Organization build so much of their castle in The World That Never Was in such a short time either. Or even managing to take leadership of the entire nobody species. A decade would allow such things.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
In hindsight it'd even be more unlikely or ridiculous to think the Organization build so much of their castle in The World That Never Was in such a short time either. Or even managing to take leadership of the entire nobody species. A decade would allow such things.
Isn't the World That Never Was the Nobody version of Radiant Gardens? Maybe, the castle and the city were already there.

Anagram

Banned
Isn't the World That Never Was the Nobody version of Radiant Gardens? Maybe, the castle and the city were already there.
It's possible the city was already there but I highly doubt the castle was. We dont really know anything about that world other than it magically returned unscathed in DDD yet it's somehow also trapped between sleep and wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back