• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why am I such a sex-bomb?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirates

Can anyone tell me what influences attraction (based on looks)

Why do some guys agree on one girl being attractive but then disagree on another.
Is it based on similar features to people you had romantic attraction to in the past?
What makes some prefer short hair and big eyes?

How does attraction to uncommon things, like morbidly obese people for example?

Is it a mental predisposition or is it influenced day to day?

pre-thanks for everyone.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
inb4 longlivelife talks about dopamine and norepinephrine and shit

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
inb4 everyone else talks about repressed sexual attraction toward parents and reincarnated lovers from a past life and how beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
dammit i was going to mention freud

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
inb4 evolved feelings of basic primal urges seeming complex and picking distorted reflections of yourselves as mates

inb4 media ruining your conceptions of love too

Pirates

inb4 anyone answers the question.

I dont think media affects it so much. I see people portrayed as attractive whom I have felt were disgusting.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
inb4 anyone answers the question.

I dont think media affects it so much. I see people portrayed as attractive whom I have felt were disgusting.

Picture this: from a young age, only a select few type of men and women have been portrayed to you as beautiful in the media. Now, these type of people are actually very rare in the real world (not just appearance-wise perhaps) and everyone or anyone less is subtly implied to be ugly or 'incomplete'. Doesn't actually work all the time but can screw you up.

Pirates

Picture this: from a young age, only a select few type of men and women have been portrayed to you as beautiful in the media. Now, these type of people are actually very rare in the real world (not just appearance-wise perhaps) and everyone or anyone less is subtly implied to be ugly or 'incomplete'. Doesn't actually work all the time but can screw you up.

Is it just media?

I remember everyone on tv portraying madonna as hot.
I remember her specifically because my mum liked her and always showed me her.

I seriously always found her repulsive. I guess that is an exception but there must be another reason. My friends wouldve grown up with very similar media influence but we dont share the same views.

I just find it odd.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Is it just media?

I remember everyone on tv portraying madonna as hot.
I remember her specifically because my mum liked her and always showed me her.

I seriously always found her repulsive. I guess that is an exception but there must be another reason. My friends wouldve grown up with very similar media influence but we dont share the same views.

I just find it odd.

Nah, that's natural. But it can and does effect some people. This video is generally cool about the topic.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

I think they'd become desirable to the individual more because of the social status that comes with dating such a person, rather than actual attraction. I guess you could compare it with smoking. Unless you're one of those people who actually enjoys the coughing and choking that takes place when you first start with it, you'll most likely just push through with it because of the people around you.
Then of course there's also the placebo effect. You might just be feeling attraction because everyone tells you you should be.

But I think if you were actually to meet a woman who appeals to you on a more personal note, one would quickly settle for that instead.

In terms of your original question, I'm not really sure what factors constitute one's "taste". May it be for food, people or romantic partners. But I'd agree with Orion and go the Freud-y route.

Zul

Awards
In-after a train of "inb4" posts .

And if they don't find a woman exceptional enough, photoshop.

Yep, they do that a lot, quite a lot in magazines.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Carrion
In a moment I’m lost
Taken from the inside
Her eyes take me away
Tear me apart from the inside out
Did I speak in volumes?
But a mass refuse to move
Could this ever be the last time?
The final time that we take this road
Give me the strength to return
Return the breath you’ve stolen
Give me the means to resist
Resist
Her heart I’ve broken again
Reflections built up on sorrow
We’re walking the darkest road
And it just got lit with regret
In a moment I’ve lost
Taken from the inside
Her eyes take me away
Oh
From the inside out
The inside out
We’ve been running blind
Now we’re falling through the cracks
We’re left running
We are running blind
Now we’re falling
Falling through the cracks
Into the world of the dead
Her shutting eyes
Her shutting eyes
They’re shutting eyes want your return
Back to the world of the dead
In a moment I’ve lost
Taken from the inside
Her eyes take me away
My love I left
My heart I left
With my promise to return
A promise to return

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I think it's more of a draw of the card thing in someone's head. Some people may agree someone is hot because that's what they see is hot. With wild cards like people being into fat people, or girls, or guys, or kids.(Wrong by the way.) It's sorta just how it goes in someone's head.

O

Oberon

People develop different projections of attractiveness based on experiences.

That's about as vague as it gets and I don't think I'm in the mood to elaborate :(

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Can anyone tell me what influences attraction (based on looks)
Experiences, if that makes sense... ( if you have a bad expiernece with a certain type of person you
probably wont go looking for a simular person right away)
Media.....
Why do some guys agree on one girl being attractive but then disagree on another.
Is it based on similar features to people you had romantic attraction to in the past?
What makes some prefer short hair and big eyes?
idk cant really answer that one... Guess every one is just different and are stimulated by different features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back