• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why will you buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 (or a Wii U)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I was in EBGames today pre-ordering KH1.5 and a mother with her 10? year old son walked in. She started asking one of the girls at the counter about Xbox 360 prices. She then stopped and noticed the pre-order sign for Xbone and asked would it be better to wait for that instead of paying an older console.

It took all the restraint I had to not yell some sense into her. Unfortunately, a lot of parents like this mother are going to be sucked into buying the Xbone simply because their children want it. Please... don't buy the Xbone, lady.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I was in EBGames today pre-ordering KH1.5 and a mother with her 10? year old son walked in. She started asking one of the girls at the counter about Xbox 360 prices. She then stopped and noticed the pre-order sign for Xbone and asked would it be better to wait for that instead of paying an older console.

It took all the restraint I had to not yell some sense into her. Unfortunately, a lot of parents like this mother are going to be sucked into buying the Xbone simply because their children want it. Please... don't buy the Xbone, lady.

You should have told her the PS4 will be smaller and have less cables to deal with (vs the Xbox-Kinect combo). Mothers dig that ;)

appingo

Website
appingo.tumblr.com
Going to go with Sony and Nintendo this generation.

I'm hoping the PS4 will be at launch for me, but I may have to wait based on how my income is in the coming months. Cheaper console with superior hardware is a no-brainer, plus a personal preference as I've grown up with Sony through the years. I'm holding back on the WiiU until we get word on Shin Megami x Fire Emblem and any possible localization, as that's the only exclusive that has caught my attention currently. I'd also like to get a personal PC set up, but I have ambitions that are far too out of reach for someone with my income.

No matter, though, as I'm sure my backwards compatible PS3 + Vita + 3DS will hold me out for quite awhile.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I'll eventually be getting a Wii U. I grew up with the Gameboy line, Gamecube, and DS. I was a diehard Ninty fan to say the least. At this point, you buy Nintendo consoles solely for the first party exclusives because....in reality, what else is there? However, Nintendo started to disappoint during the Wii years, or maybe I've just grown up. Their games tend to follow archaic formulas that date back to the 1980's. They've also been hard headed about certain things like online play and HD.

I've been with Sony ever since I bought my PSP in late 2007. I feel like the PlayStation brand is a perfect system to branch to if you're a Nintendo fan. Sony's got stellar first party exclusives just like Nintendo has, and unlike Nintendo, they also have third party support! *gasp*!. I like PlayStation. The $399 price point is too good to pass up. How long did it take the PS3 to reach that price? I'll be getting it sometime launch window, maybe when Second Son arrives. I can't justify getting a PS4 solely for Watch Dogs.

TheFelineFive

I heard Microsoft just got rid of all that online check-in nonsense. That news doesn't change my mind about it at all though. I'll be getting a PlayStation. Can't wait!

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
You should have told her the PS4 will be smaller and have less cables to deal with (vs the Xbox-Kinect combo). Mothers dig that ;)

You would be surprised how accurate this is :D my mom hates cables so it's a win win!

As for me I got the PS3 on Monday so I'm going to be good for a good while, until the PS4 goes down in price no way am I paying 399.99 for it.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
You would be surprised how accurate this is :D my mom hates cables so it's a win win!

As for me I got the PS3 on Monday so I'm going to be good for a good while, until the PS4 goes down in price no way am I paying 399.99 for it.

I know how accurate that is! xD We all have mothers and they all worry about the same stuff, LOL

One of my teachers was telling us that she needed a computer and she went into the shop asking that it has a less cables as possible. And she bought an iMac!! I was like... o_O

KevLoui

Personally, I'll be getting a PS4, mainly because I'll be saving more money which can be used to actually buy games (which is why you'd want a games console anyway). Also because I can almost guarantee that most JRPG's will be exclusive to it. I don't want to miss out on any more tales games, it hurts :(. But no doubt the Xbone will eventually start selling well, apparently it has more pre-orders than the PS4 ever since the lifts on restrictions etc. I don't know how accurate this is though. As for the Wii U, I'll definitely get it, I just don't know when.

State

Awards
Does the option of "no next gen console" count? If so, then I'm not getting any of the newer consoles on the markets. I promised myself that the 3DS would be the last one. I don't have enough time to dedicate to gaming, seeing as how I get at my house from work to relax for a couple of hours to exercise, do whatever I can do and sleep.

KevLoui

Does the option of "no next gen console" count? If so, then I'm not getting any of the newer consoles on the markets. I promised myself that the 3DS would be the last one. I don't have enough time to dedicate to gaming, seeing as how I get at my house from work to relax for a couple of hours to exercise, do whatever I can do and sleep.

Yea, my 3DS is getting put to great use.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I'm going to be buying a PS4 because it's cheaper, despite all the games I want for it being multiplatform (MGSV, The Evil Within, KH3, FFXV). I might buy a Wii U down the line when more games that I'd play come out for it because right now I'm only interested in Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Definitely getting a PS4. It's cheaper and offers a LOT more games that I want to get than the Xbox One and Wii U does. KH3 and FFXV may be going multi-platform, buuuuut... DUDE, INFAMOUS ;A; IT LOOKS SO AMAZING. I may get a Wii U at some point for Super Smash Bros, but that would really be the only game I'd get on the platform.

I was originally considering getting an Xbox One, but, after all of the crap they pulled with the restrictions and everything... lol nopeeee. Microsoft may have taken back some of the restrictions, but they treated their customers VERY poorly in the first place and I refuse to support them. (The only game that would sway my decision on that, though, is Dead Rising 3, but... it's not worth getting a console for one game, especially THIS console.)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Well, I already have a WiiU, and will get a PS4. Even without all of the negativity surrounding the Xbox One (regardless of what exactly they've turned around and what not), there really isn't anything that draws me to it. None of their exclusives interest me so there's no reason for me to "stray", so to speak. (and being able to watch whatever channels/shows/whatever is something I really don't care about)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I reserved a PS4. Still don't trust the X1. Mostly want multiplatform games right now, except for inFamous, but I'm sure there will be other things down the line.

I really can't see Dead Rising 3 being an exclusive forever.

It is being published by Microsoft, so it's not going multiplatform. And to be honest, it looks to be abandoning the ridiculousness of Dead Rising 2 behind, so I'm not interested.

Xeander

I'll probably buy the PS4 because it's €100,- cheaper ,and has way better performance. But i personally like the games on the X1 better....but the X1 just looks so horrible! (the contoller looks awesome though)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It is being published by Microsoft, so it's not going multiplatform. And to be honest, it looks to be abandoning the ridiculousness of Dead Rising 2 behind, so I'm not interested.

Mass Effect was also originally published by Microsoft but that eventually went multiplatform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back