• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH headcanon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
My head canon I mentioned a while ago, and I meant to hint to it in a fic I NEED to finish but..

The links between hearts are made up of shared memories, also known as things people BOTH remember. This is why when Namine messed with the memories in Sora's heart, people forgot him; this also may give Namine the power to actually TRACK a missing person by following the links between hearts. Basically there's MEMORIES mixed up in those links between hearts.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I had a similar problem with this, I had no memory card at the time either, but it was so much worse, on top of not being able to save, I also could not get to Merlin's house, you see, at the time I had a bad TV, and this was before HDTVs where main stream, 2004 or 2005, anyway the TV I was using had such a dark screen I could not see where I was going when I got past the door with the fire sign, so until I was able to get a better TV, I couldn't deliver the book to Merlin, and by extension couldn't advance the story, and Destiny Islands was no better, when I had to go to Riku to get the Keyblade, I could not see the bridge, I got lucky a few times with the bridge, that was a miracle, but Merlin, I didn't even have a clue that there was platforming there that I had to jump across, so I was stuck until I got a new tv a few months later.

anyway, my head canon is that Sora is the son of Cloud and Aerith, I mean think about it, Spiky hair in the same style as Cloud's, Blue eyes, same shade as Cloud's, and Brown hair, same as Aerith, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's reveled later that this is true, and Cloud And Aerith sent him to Destiny Islands to keep him safe from sephiroth.
Oh gosh, getting to Merlin's house without being able to see where you're going would probably be nigh impossible! That sounds like it sucked big time.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
anyway, my head canon is that Sora is the son of Cloud and Aerith, I mean think about it, Spiky hair in the same style as Cloud's, Blue eyes, same shade as Cloud's, and Brown hair, same as Aerith, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's reveled later that this is true, and Cloud And Aerith sent him to Destiny Islands to keep him safe from sephiroth.

I know responding to these is against the spirit of the thread, but how does that work with Aerith and Cloud being in their twenties?

WaltK

Awards
I know responding to these is against the spirit of the thread, but how does that work with Aerith and Cloud being in their twenties?
Not that I really like the headcanon to begin with, but: different worlds have their own time flows, right? Cloud and Aerith could have had Sora, Sora somehow ends up on Destiny Islands as a baby/toddler, and he grows up quicker because time on DI flows faster than in RG.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Oh gosh, getting to Merlin's house without being able to see where you're going would probably be nigh impossible! That sounds like it sucked big time.
It did, and I was so happy when I finally got a better TV and was able to get past that part, heres a better example though, imagine the brightness setting on your TV set to lowest, but it was the default for the TV I was using, and no matter how I tryed to fix, it was stuck there.
To be fair, I'm bad with ages, for instance, a 30 year old looks like a 20 year old to me, so I didn't even realize that about there ages.
Not that I really like the headcanon to begin with, but: different worlds have their own time flows, right? Cloud and Aerith could have had Sora, Sora somehow ends up on Destiny Islands as a baby/toddler, and he grows up quicker because time on DI flows faster than in RG.
There's a flaw with that theroy, Kairi is from RG, and is the same age as Sora and Riku. (sure Riku being a year older, but still...)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If that were the case, Kairi would have aged considerably more than the characters in Radiant Garden between kh1 and 2.

To be fair, I'm bad with ages, for instance, a 30 year old looks like a 20 year old to me, so I didn't even realize that about there ages.
Leon is canonically 25. It's unlikely Aerith is older than her FF7 version, so she's probably in her early 20s and Cloud is younger than Aerith, so, it's just not likely. But, that's what fan fiction is for.

LoneFox

Awards
Nomura seems to have a habit of inventing answers on the spot rather than admitting that he hasn't thought of the thing in question before. The whole thing about time going at different speed in different worlds is one of these emergency answers to a question about some inconsistency in the timeline. In reality, time proceeds at the same rate in all worlds, with a few known exceptions: Objects moving at relativistic speed, magical anomalies like the one that allowed Sleeping Beauty to sleep 100 years, the Realm of Darkness, and Quadratum.

Of course, this is the headcanon thread, so if you don't like the above, you can just consider it as my headcanon... :p

vaderskywalker

Awards
Nomura seems to have a habit of inventing answers on the spot rather than admitting that he hasn't thought of the thing in question before. The whole thing about time going at different speed in different worlds is one of these emergency answers to a question about some inconsistency in the timeline. In reality, time proceeds at the same rate in all worlds, with a few known exceptions: Objects moving at relativistic speed, magical anomalies like the one that allowed Sleeping Beauty to sleep 100 years, the Realm of Darkness, and Quadratum.

Of course, this is the headcanon thread, so if you don't like the above, you can just consider it as my headcanon... :p
Huey, Douie (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong.), and Louie (That too I think I spelled wrong.), nuff said.

LoneFox

Awards
Huey, Douie (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong.), and Louie (That too I think I spelled wrong.), nuff said.
Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Yes, they must have been involved in some sort of time travel adventure that caused them to jump about 10 years into the future after BBS. I guess it involved saving Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin when their original homeworld Duckburg fell into darkness, or something like that.

My point is, it's better to patch such inconsistencies by inventing an explanation within the laws of nature rather than rewriting those laws themselves, because the latter leads to a mess that makes even less sense than English spelling and pronunciation do...

vaderskywalker

Awards
Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Yes, they must have been involved in some sort of time travel adventure that caused them to jump about 10 years into the future after BBS. I guess it involved saving Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin when their original homeworld Duckburg fell into darkness, or something like that.

My point is, it's better to patch such inconsistencies by inventing an explanation within the laws of nature rather than rewriting those laws themselves, because the latter leads to a mess that makes even less sense than English spelling and pronunciation do...
I don't believe that myself, but let's agree to disagree.

magic713

Awards
The power the real Marluxia displayed in the battle during CoM wasn't his actual power. His actual power was more like the copy he had to fight Sora first, but he was tapping into the power of Castle Oblivion during the climatic battle of the game.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The power the real Marluxia displayed in the battle during CoM wasn't his actual power. His actual power was more like the copy he had to fight Sora first, but he was tapping into the power of Castle Oblivion during the climatic battle of the game.
I always thought this was the case.

RyuX

Awards
Sora looks the way and acts the way he does because of Ven's heart being inside of him. If he didn't have Ven's heart within him. We could've had a totally different personality for Sora.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sora looks the way and acts the way he does because of Ven's heart being inside of him. If he didn't have Ven's heart within him. We could've had a totally different personality for Sora.
I have had this thought ever since BBS came out, and that would be kind of sad, if Sora got all of his mannerisms from Ventus, or vice versa, it would prove Sora's DDD line "Yes, my memories and feelings belong to me" false, and that Xemnas was right, well, his memories would definitely be his, but his feelings, that's another story, makes me wish they didn't have that connection, and Ven had just been Sora's older brother instead of his heart being inside Sora's.

Last edited:

RyuX

Awards
I have had this thought ever since BBS came out, and that would be kind of sad, if Sora got all of his mannerisms from Ventus, or vice versa, it would prove Sora's DDD line "Yes, my memories and feelings belong to me" false, and that Xemnas was right, well, his memories would definitely be his, but his feelings, that's another story, makes me wish they didn't have that connection, and Ven had just been Sora's older brother instead of his heart being inside Sora's.
Yeah. Ven being Sora's older sibling would've added more relevance to his character.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Chernabog fought in KH1 wasn't the real deal but a copy Ansem created. The true Chernabog in KH lore is a heartless but not just any heartless, it is the heartless of KH itself. Since Ansem created an artificial KH with the hearts of worlds, he also inadvertently made an artificial Chernabog.

Soldier

Awards
The Chernabog fought in KH1 wasn't the real deal but a copy Ansem created. The true Chernabog in KH lore is a heartless but not just any heartless, it is the heartless of KH itself. Since Ansem created an artificial KH with the hearts of worlds, he also inadvertently made an artificial Chernabog.
Honestly, not a bad headcanon. Who really knows exactly what happened to Symphony of Sorcery when it fell (because it's not just Yen Sid's tower, it's multiple "realms" within a world. My guess is the cataclysmic storm that happens when a world falls to darkness obliterated every last bit of the world and made it one of those floating islands seen at the beginning of the EOTW. Perhaps Ansem saw the strength of Chernabog (who is basically Disney's closest Satan-analogue at the time) and replicated him as a pureblood.

Further credence to this is that when defeated, he doesn't relinquish a heart or fade to darkness, he kind of gets flushed down bald mountain.

Another headcanon I used to have in KH 1 is that during the gummi route section, the amount of heartless ships that you'd fight along the way dictated how many heartless you'll fight in the world proper (in other words, more ships you destroy=less heartless). Obviously the Gummi minigame doesn't have any impact on the world's heartless population whatsoever, but it would've been a nice treat and attention to detail if we didn't already know that isn't how the heartless arrive at the worlds.

Awards
Sora's lack of computer knowledge and such comes from both his islander roots and cuz he spent more time outside.

In my head DI's main island has early 00s tech but Sora never really bothered with anything outside like TV cuz he was too busy doin island boi things on the play island cuz he had a lot of energy to burn through.

Riku and Kairi are def more tech literate.

Back