• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Assets Outsourced to India-based Development Company

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Evidence has been found that shows the India-based game development services studio Lakshya Digital is working on game assets for Kingdom Hearts III. Discovered through the resume page of Praveen Dubey, one of Lakshya Digital's character modeling and texture artist, he lists one of his recent works to be the upcoming Square Enix title. 

Lakshya Digital specializes in outsourced work for game development and has worked on numerous titles in the past like Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls II, and Tekken 7.

Source: NeoGaf

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Interesting. Seems like KH3 is shaping up to be one massive project. Maybe not as colossal as FFXV, but still pretty huge. I still have hard time picturing how huge the leap will be. We have had KH in the PS2 era technology for a while now. If even half of the stuff what Nomura said in the interviews happens(like the free run system etc..), it is gonna be awesome.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I feel like outsourcing is kind of a norm for the industry now. Plus didn't parts of XIII-2 and Lightning Returns get outsourced as well? Either way, can't help but think this means things will continue going smooth.

Honestly, all this good news as of late has made me think KH just might come out around early/mid 2016, which I was already hoping for but wasn't for sure if that would be the case.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like outsourcing is kind of a norm for the industry now. Plus didn't parts of XIII-2 and Lightning Returns get outsourced as well? Either way, can't help but think this means things will continue going smooth.

Honestly, all this good news as of late has made me think KH just might come out around early/mid 2016, which I was already hoping for but wasn't for sure if that would be the case.

XIII-2 was outsourced to tri-Ace. LRFF had some work outsourced to a Chinese company if I remember correctly.

Outsourcing is definitely the norm for AAA games. For a small company like Square Enix, this has become a necessity if they want to get games out in a timely manner now.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
XIII-2 was outsourced to tri-Ace. LRFF had some work outsourced to a Chinese company if I remember correctly.

Outsourcing is definitely the norm for AAA games. For a small company like Square Enix, this has become a necessity if they want to get games out in a timely manner now.

I figured as much. It's rather reassuring to know, to say the least.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This probably means more hands to help > more being done at once > slightly sooner launch window. Possibly good quality too, considering the team can focus more on the gameplay and story instead of juggling every aspect at once.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
It can go both ways, really. I'll give Assassins Creed as an example: Ubi has tons of studios working on those games. Many people work on those games, yet they've been failing at delivering a decent working game for a couple of entries now. It's easy to lose focus when you have so many people working on something.

Assets probably don't affect things too much, though, and does offer more room to focus on other aspects of the game. Just saying: more people working on something =/= better game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It can go both ways, really. I'll give Assassins Creed as an example: Ubi has tons of studios working on those games. Many people work on those games, yet they fail to deliver a decent working game every single time. It's easy to lose focus that way.

But that is also because they rush to make a game. They don't take the time to quality check like they should, and that is why they often deliver extremely buggy games.

Square Enix, although they have made buggy games like KH3D, does pay attention to quality assurance.

Assets probably doesn't affect things too much, though, and does offer more room to focus on other aspects of the game. Just saying: more people working on something =/= better game.

Of course. That is very true.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hope they quality check. 3D was nearly flawless but the remixes have had an array of flaws and errors comparable to Easter eggs with how they are still being discovered.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
My experience with 3D was seamless aside from the box being pretty banged up and the cartridge stopped working months after I finished it. I've heard from hearsay 1.5's Winnie the pooh world is broken, but that's it for that game. 2.5 has its own bugs but I haven't noticed any in 2 (was careful not to use limit form too often during xemnas battles), while ds4 support is bad and in bbs I noticed the unversed spawn different colors, it is nigh impossible to hit the top totem pole I neverland as terra and aqua'a FE and SE progress isn't carrying over to her main profile but that probably isn't a glitch.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
As for me, the only bugs I noticed in KH3D were "Where's my meow wow?" aka, spirit sinking into the floor.

But as I play for fun and not 100%, I proly didn't notice them XD. Only thing I'm a stickler for is getting the secret ending if I didn't watch it earlier as fansubs or something (as in the FM endings!).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it is nigh impossible to hit the top totem pole I neverland as terra

That was also in the original BBS and isn't a glitch as much as it is the devs didn't have the foresight to remember that Terra is a land based fighter.

aqua'a FE and SE progress isn't carrying over to her main profile but that probably isn't a glitch.

That definitely isn't a glitch. You have to get what you need done in her main file before moving on to FE and SE if you want it to all carry over. The only thing that carries over is SE to FE once you finish SE.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Utada's gonna haveta record a really long song for the credits.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Utada's gonna haveta record a really long song for the credits.

More like Shimomura's gonna have to compose a really long song for those second credits. First credits with Utada's song usually just do main crew at Square Enix. Second credits cover the whole shebang.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It can go both ways, really. I'll give Assassins Creed as an example: Ubi has tons of studios working on those games. Many people work on those games, yet they've been failing at delivering a decent working game for a couple of entries now. It's easy to lose focus when you have so many people working on something.

But that is also because they rush to make a game. They don't take the time to quality check like they should, and that is why they often deliver extremely buggy games.
They also, in the case of Assassins Creed III, didn't communicate well within the company. You can read this post by someone who worked on the game.
I'd say it's pretty clear that Square Enix is nothing like Ubisoft. Any "Assassin's Creed" fears should not be projected onto Kingdom Hearts 3.

WaveK89

I kind of find it interesting. In my mindset, "Hey want to help us out with a highly anticipated title?" Of course, I'm not sure if Square-Enix reached out to them or the other way around. Either way, I would feel quite honored, but I only say that as a mere KH fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back