• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Lost World: Toy Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Throughout the years, there has been a high demand for a Pixar film-based world in Kingdom Hearts with Toy Story always being at the top of fan's lists. It is understandable considering how popular the Toy Story film franchise is among young adults who were just children when the 1995 film first released. Series Director Tetsuya Nomura has also been repeatedly asked about the inclusion of Pixar-based worlds throughout the years, and back in 2012 he had this to say on the subject:

"I wish and wish, but I’ve wanted for a long time to have Pixar titles appear in the series. I’m already working on many ideas, but I can’t say whether they will become a reality or not."

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Ultimania - Main Interview with Tetsuya Nomura - May 12th 2012

Proof of this long desire of Nomura's has long since been found within the data of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + with the existence of untextured Woody and Buzz models. Many believe that the main characters of Toy Story were going to be summons added in for the release of KH2FM, and yet that does not appear to be the first time Toy Story was planned for a Kingdom Hearts game.

Found within the pages of the "Kingdom of Hearts (tentative)" design document that was given to Disney staff for proposal purposes in the early development days of Kingdom Hearts is a plethora of unused designs and art. One such piece of art that remains lost in the annals of history is the existence of an unused Toy Story world design.

In the world artwork shown above, you can see Andy's house and Al's Toy Barn all sitting on top of the iconic Pizza Planet rocket that has appeared in numerous Pixar films over the last 20 years. Despite Nomura's long-time desire to see Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts, it is still a surprise that the push for it has been going for longer than 13 years.

What isn't surprising is the lack of Toy Story in the first Kingdom Hearts game, especially since Disney and Pixar were having numerous disagreements over their business relationship and Toy Story 2 around the time Kingdom Hearts was in development. There were probably many barriers that kept Squaresoft and Nomura from being able to have permission to use it, but that clearly did not stop them from at least pitching the idea of it as shown from the design document.

In 2006, Disney and Pixar merged as one company so the issues that may have existed back then that limited the inclusion of Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts is gone. Now it is only a matter of Nomura and the development team to go to infinity and beyond to make this a reality.

Perhaps the time for Toy Story and Pixar-based worlds has arrived with Kingdom Hearts III which promises to be chock full of brand new worlds based on Disney films!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all of the latest Kingdom Hearts 3 news!

Source: mcmahon_nathan

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura's quote is even more depressing now that we know they've been trying to include Toy Story since the very beginning ;~;

Also guys, we've been trying to figure it out all day but if you know what that blue building thing on the top right of the Toy Story world is, please tell us!

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
<p style="text-align: left;">Perhaps the time for <em>Toy Story</em> and Pixar-based worlds has arrived with <em>Kingdom Hearts III </em>which promises to be chock full of brand new worlds based on Disney films!</p>

I think there's no better time to introduce Pixar into the KH universe than now, especially with Toy Story. Post-KH3, Pixar's involvement could really elongate the lifespan of the series, and who doesn't want that?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It would be really cool to have Toy Story world in KHIII. It would look amazing with the power of PS4!

Hmm, the blue pall thing kinda looks like a globe. Maybe earth or a anther planet? Maybe it has something to do with the aliens in the first Toy Story movie?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I think that blue building is that pizza hut(?) where they found those green alien guys.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think that blue building is that pizza hut(?) where they found those green alien guys.
latest

:c

Narxus

Nomura's quote is even more depressing now that we know they've been trying to include Toy Story since the very beginning ;~;

Also guys, we've been trying to figure it out all day but if you know what that blue building thing on the top right of the Toy Story world is, please tell us!

I think it's supposed to be Pizza Planet, though I'm not sure

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm not sure what the blueish building/location could be. Most of the Pizza Planet things were red except the interior.

I forget, but what did Sid's house look like?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

;~; At least he never stopped wanting it. <3

I think there's no better time to introduce Pixar into the KH universe than now, especially with Toy Story. Post-KH3, Pixar's involvement could really elongate the lifespan of the series, and who doesn't want that?

Definitely, especially considering how many Pixar works there are. It's not THAT much, but enough that there are plenty of fun choices to pull from.

It would be really cool to have Toy Story world in KHIII. It would look amazing with the power of PS4!

Hmm, the blue pall thing kinda looks like a globe. Maybe earth or a anther planet? Maybe it has something to do with the aliens in the first Toy Story movie?

There were "aliens" in the second film where Buzz is on that "planet" fighting Zurg and some aliens...

It doesn't look like Pizza Planet...That place was more flat and not as tall.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I expect a Pixar world to appear in KH3. I'm not a fan of most Pixar movies--and I'm glad we were saved from them so long into the series--but I guess I'd take them before Star Wars or Marvel. Besides, that Tron world in DDD was pretty bad, so Pixar worlds couldn't be much worse.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Holy Crap, Toy Story was an option for the first game? That just makes this more unfortunate. Toy Story was never the first in my list of Pixar films I wanted in the series, but I still think it would work well. Though I would be content if we just got the Buzz and Woody summons that didn't make KH2 :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
There were "aliens" in the second film where Buzz is on that "planet" fighting Zurg and some aliens...

Wait, were the tree eyed aliens only in the second movie? I could swear there was a scene in the first movie where Buzz falls into a machine full of the toy aliens. But it has been over ten years since I watched the first movie.... I also watched an cartoon series(with glorious Finnish dub) about Buzz when I was a kid, so maybe that lead me think the toy aliens were always there.. Dam I feel old.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Man, the struggle to put Toy Story in the series is kinda funny when you look back at it. Toy Story and Monster's Inc would be my choices for Pixar Worlds in KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, were the tree eyed aliens only in the second movie? I could swear there was a scene in the first movie where Buzz falls into a machine full of the toy aliens. But it has been over ten years since I watched the first movie.... I also watched an cartoon series(with glorious Finnish dub) about Buzz when I was a kid, so maybe that lead me think the toy aliens were always there.. Dam I feel old.

No, they were in all three (Sid wins one of the aliens from a prize grabber where Woody and Buzz were hiding in the first movie). We're just trying to figure out what that blue building thingamajig is on the world art.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Now I want a Toy Story world more than ever.

I keep wanting to say the blue thing is Pizza Planet but it looks nothing like it. However the thingy on top looks like it has "planit" written on it. But it's so vague it might not even be a word at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love Pixar but theres only one I think would fit. I wouldn't say no to others if they were done right but.

BRAVE

I used to think Brave was perfect with the little Will O' the Wisps and the whole idea about being "brave" xD

Right now, I'm a bit more of the opposite in that Brave would work but isn't as necessary as Toy Story since it seems like the desire for this specific world has existed for years compared to the newer films.

Holy Crap, Toy Story was an option for the first game? That just makes this more unfortunate. Toy Story was never the first in my list of Pixar films I wanted in the series, but I still think it would work well. Though I would be content if we just got the Buzz and Woody summons that didn't make KH2 :)

Not so much an option, but rather it was pitched to Disney at some point which is why the artwork exists.

Man, the struggle to put Toy Story in the series is kinda funny when you look back at it. Toy Story and Monster's Inc would be my choices for Pixar Worlds in KH3.

Monster's Inc would be great, too. The doors motif will always fit xD

Precursor Mar

Toy Story is one of the few Pixar movies I'd like to see in KH. At this point I'd be surprised to not see it in KH3, given how hard they've tried to included it all these years.

I'm guessing it would end up being like Ven's portion of Castle of Dreams in BBS, with the gang growing small. Seeing how expansive the worlds are going to be we'll probably have full access to Andy's and Cid's houses. Maybe Cid's dog as a mini-boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back