• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A dilema regarding playing KH3!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanivas

Okay, so this may not seem like a serious issue, but to me it really is. I've been playing Kingdom Hearts for most of my life, ever since the first game. It's always been my favorite game franchise, and I've been waiting for years just like everyone else to get my hands on KH3. About 2 years ago, I started dating my girlfriend, and about 2 years ago, I introduced her to Kingdom Hearts. Now she loves it almost as much as I do. Potentially equally so. Now here's the problem: We live together now, sharing a single PS4. We are certainly going to get KH3 the second that it is available, but who's going to get to play it first? This series means so much to me, but not more than my relationship. Although I know that this isn't going to break us up or anything like that. I'm just torn as to what to do. Buying a second ps4 and copy of KH3 is crazy, seeing as we're college students trying to make it by. I just don't have a solution as to how to do this fairly. I'm going to want to play the game as soon as I get home, and I don't think that I could stand having my first moments of experiencing KH3 spent watching someone else play the game. Does anyone have any idea as to what they would do if they were in my situation?

Muke

whatever
Awards
You could play it together. Like, you play one world, your girlfriend watches you playing, then you switch and she gets to play another world -- and on and on and on.

EDIT: Or you could just make a limit or so. One plays 20 minutes or whatever time you want, and then you switch.
Would that solve your problem? :3

Rael_Oblivion

My suggestion would be to flip a coin to see who plays first. That person would bring the game home and play through the tutorial level while the other person does something else if they don't want spoilers, then the other person would start a new save file and play the tutorial level, and switch off again for the first/next world, etc. That way, each of you is playing at almost the same time and you can talk about your experience playing the game with it being fair. That's what I would do, anyway. It just requires some patience by playing it one world at a time.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Break up, man. Gotta value yourself more than anyone else. Put your needs at the forefront. Tell her to get outta dodge, and if she doesn't, she'll have to deal with ol' Daddy Launchpad, and that'll be a bad time.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, I suggest not worrying about it yet. It's a few years away. You may win a second PS4 or something.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Tell her, baby...I have the key of all hearts. Just open up the realm of darkness for me and I'll save you.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Wait until it comes out and then stage a break in at your place. Make it look like someone stole the PS4 and then secretly play it somewhere else. Then after you're finished come back with it and say that the police recovered it after someone tried to sell it at a pawn shop.

Fool proof!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Save money for another PS4 and just see how things play out? KH3 is still pretty far out so you shouldn't have to worry about who gets to play it first until we all know for certain when it is coming out.

You guys can always play it together. Whoever dies hands off the controller to the next and repeats it. When it comes to boss battles, maybe have a save spot ready so you can reload it and let the other play it.

Or have set times? One gets to play for 2 hours then no matter where you are, find the closest save spot and let the other play their save for 2 hours.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I can only say what I would do, I would play it, no matter what.
If she can't live with that (which is understandable) I'd buy another PS4 or see if I can play it somewhere else, maybe you have a friend who with a PS4 who don't look forward to it, now you have plenty of time to become so great friends that you can just break in and play the game on his PS4, upload the savegame to PS+ afterwards and keep playing at home when it's free (if ever).
Or if you're thinking about getting an Xbone as well you can let your girlfriend play on that.
Anyway you have plenty of time but this is something you've been looking forward to your entire life, she might be super excited about the franchise as well now but she don't know what it was like for people like us growing up (lol, that was a weird wording) and now you can't let her or anyone else ruin the moment once it arrive.
This is much bigger chapter for you then it is for her and she have to realize that.

At least that's how I would think if it was me

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My legitimate suggestion is to flip a coin for who gets to play it first.

Then you should switch when one of you beats a world and so on and so forth so you're never very far from the other.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Be a good boyfriend and let her play first; great bonding time, if anything. Sora wouldn't give two shits, and neither should you.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why not just take turns playing it? She plays it with you in the other room so you don't spoil, then when she finishes one world, you can start your file and play the world. Then she can be there with you for that? So there's no spoilers and also time together.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Why not just take turns playing it? She plays it with you in the other room so you don't spoil, then when she finishes one world, you can start your file and play the world. Then she can be there with you for that? So there's no spoilers and also time together.

I was going to say the same thing. KH has multiple save files.

Master Alew

I don't see the point of a relationship where you can't share things like this. I mean you LIVE TOGETHER, if you can't do something like playing together something that both of you love I can't understand how you are in a relationship of that level to begin with. Think: what would Sora do? Is an interesting mental exercise and maybe you will think something on your own.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Like other have said, there are many methods. KHIII is still years away, so maybe you have enough money to buy a second PS4? Take turns playing, or use different save files, or try to arrange you schedule`s s that your girlfriend has a class and you don`t and use the time to play KHIII, and when you have class and she does not, she plays it.

Man, with possible problems like these, I am happy that I am introvert nerd who does not have girlfriend haha haha... haha... hah....

zcz74s.jpg

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Mind, I come from this from sharing a FFXI account with one of my brothers for many years. This should be easier than sharing a MMO account, believe me.

First rule; TALK TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND WORK OUT GROUND RULES NOW BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT. If she don't know when you want to play, then it causes F-I-G-H-T-S. No need for that.
Second, if you can't get a second PS4 and copy when the time comes, have it so you play one evening and she play the other, or do it world by world.

And ah yes, think about getting a second PS4 so you don't have to deal with it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Nah, the money for a second PS4 could've been spent on something like a couple of nice dates or presents. Not to mention, separate consoles can easily alienate you from you partner. That's​ the type of shit that causes fights.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Nayru; I get that. But I can tell you, it was the opposite with me and my brother. He'd never tell me WHEN he wanted to play, which caused fights.

I think you should bloody keep a balance, and make sure you keep the lines of communication open or..

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nah, the money for a second PS4 could've been spent on something like a couple of nice dates or presents. Not to mention, separate consoles can easily alienate you from you partner. That's​ the type of shit that causes fights.
I haven't heard much about this one way or the other but I'm weird and actually think having separate consoles is a good idea. You don't have to time table your individual playing, you don't have to concern yourself with who is taking too much memory space, and if you break up you don't have to fight over who is getting the console.

I think if it's unaffordable it's another situation entirely but I dunno. I play more games in my relationship so maybe that's why I view it the way I do... maybe that's selfish, haha.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Nayru; I get that. But I can tell you, it was the opposite with me and my brother. He'd never tell me WHEN he wanted to play, which caused fights.

I think you should bloody keep a balance, and make sure you keep the lines of communication open or..

Holy heck, that is really annoying. :( I can imagine situations where you had planned you`r own schedule, and he randomly comes and say that he want to play now. I have two sisters and sometimes we had similar situations like that, but luckily not many thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back