• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Keyblades changed?!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
IN one of the latest scans you see TAV in there armor and there keyblades with keychains.

the poster of TAV and the preppy checkered design behind them showed terra's keycharm having a orange gem, Aqua is BLue and ven has a small light green one.

if you notice terra's and Aqua's keyblade vehicle, Aqua has a small blue point and so does Terrra but orange. you cant really see ven's but if you look at the world section in the BBS official website you see a green charm the tip of his rider.

now oyu notice something? BLUE, GREEN, ORGANGE?

know these colors? it's the color of the charms TAV obtained in the latest trailer.

So of course it's plot-wise rather than retcon

Or it could just be a refrence to their elements.

Allister Rose

French Lover

it could. but again, the charm, the gem in the keycharm and the charm on the keyblade when riding hints that's it's related to well...you know...

anyways, if you look at Aqua's and terra's rider. you notice how there rider looks much more closer to there original keyblade design?

the only difference from Enigmatic soldiers keyblade ride and terra's in the new vid, is the orange gem

Chris211

Even if its just a reference to their elements, Nomura did say their elements do play an important role, or rather what their name means plays an imporant role.

Satoshi

Even if its just a reference to their elements, Nomura did say their elements do play an important role, or rather what their name means plays an imporant role.

Exactly. You may as well remember that Sora and Riku and Kairi have those elements too.

Sora means 'sky', for example.

Key to Truth

Awards
Er... couldn't that just be a part of the "famous" growth system Nomura hasn't told us anything about...? Maybe as we go on on the game, the keyblade changes, or maybe even some physical aspects, i'm just guessing, i see no point in doing stuff like remove the cape from the armors, or changing the way keyblades look to make them crappier, or more weird.

tomasmccann

Awards
The only new blade that's better than the old is Acqua's. Terra's looks like a toy now it's FAR too small compared to what terra's style is supposed to be... Ven's is virtually the same, stays awesome, apart from the keychain.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

It actually in some way, is. If you look closely at the gems, Aquas is in the shape of a tear drop, Vens is in the shape of an Aero-like swirl, and Terra's is in the shape of a rock. All correspond to the elements of their names.

Also Terra's previous keynlade was much more intimidating. I suppose they're trying to tone down the look of Terra, because there is a slightly bulkier difference in comparison to his LS counterpart

Allister Rose

French Lover
It actually in some way, is. If you look closely at the gems, Aquas is in the shape of a tear drop, Vens is in the shape of an Aero-like swirl, and Terra's is in the shape of a rock. All correspond to the elements of their names.

Also Terra's previous keynlade was much more intimidating. I suppose they're trying to tone down the look of Terra, because there is a slightly bulkier difference in comparison to his LS counterpart

Considering the keyblade riders look much more closer to there original design, i'm going to say it's just the keycharm that changes the keyblade's form.

also you notice that LS doesnt have an orange gem on the tip and terra does. it's most likely the charm changing the form

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, can I just Thank everyone right now. So many things I didn't even think of. And I'm startin to lean toward the possibility of it being part of the mysterious growth system.

Last edited:

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Am I the only one who thinks that the new keyblades are just as awesome?

Any way, seeing at the new keyblade have been advertised more recently, and the old ones haven't been shown, I'm leaning to the old ones being trashed.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Ok, I thought Ven, Terra, and Aqua's Keyblades all looked awsome. but then the this scan came up(http://www.khinsider.com/images/BirthBySleep/famitsu_091210_01-02.jpg). all the keyblades were changed. the only one I still like is Ven's. Terra's was the coolest, but now i think its lame. AND they all have KEYCHAINS!!!! there was NOO keychains for the longest time!
So if you think this is just last minute changes, or maybe part of the plot (like when you become a master or something, idk), leave a comment and tell me your opinion.

I assumed it was for gameplay. Terra's new keyblade deesign was probably a lot easier to work with in-game than that claymore he had before. I agree with you, they ruined its win.

TrinityxLimit

Imma go with the growth system thing. I haven't seen them use any other keyblades, so I don't think they actually change drastically (like Kingdom Key to Wishing Lamp).

Izayoi

galactic cancer
also you notice that LS doesnt have an orange gem on the tip and terra does. it's most likely the charm changing the form

Since when has a part of ther Keyblade, other then the Chain, dictated what the blade itself will look like?

Am I the only one who thinks that the new keyblades are just as awesome?

'Cept Terra's.

Any way, seeing at the new keyblade have been advertised more recently, and the old ones haven't been shown, I'm leaning to the old ones being trashed.

Which is still irritating in the case of Aqua, due to her's being in an actual cutscene. Probably just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back