• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{%}|<~Club for Clubbing Xion with a Club Club~>|{%}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Zul and I were talking about which scenes we'd like to see the bump up to being fully voiced.
So, definitely the "Sleep has taken you yet again" scene, the one where Xigbar sees Xion as Ven, and also when Axel and Roxas argue and go their separate ways! Maybe Axel and Saix's conversation about the Chamber of Waking too.
And when Xemnas' KH first appears just because I really want to hear St. Peter say this:
Xemnas: The time has arrived. Look to the skies!

(He raises his arms high)

Xemnas: There hangs the heart of all hearts--Kingdom Hearts--
shining down on us at last. See the countless hearts that have gathered?
Hearts full of rage...hate...sadness...and bliss. There, in the sky, hangs
the promise of a new world.

Xemnas: My friends! Remember why we have organized--all the things we hope to
achieve. The strength of the human heart is vast. Soon, though...we will have
gained power over it! Never again will it...have power over us.

I'd also love it if they included Roxas' speech in Agrabah when he realizes there's nothing left for him, simply because it's the most character development he has in the game, but I really doubt they'd do that one. Oh! And when Roxas first sees Axel return from Castle Oblivion!

Inevitably we'll have to deal with more Xion scenes... If I was forced to pick some based on importance, I think I'd be more interested in seeing some of the earlier interactions, like when Xion first becomes Roxas' "friend" and he sees her as something other than a blank doll (on that note, I'd like to see Roxas' first interactions with Axel as well).

Other scenes I could see them including because they were important:
- The scenes related between the balancing of power between Roxas and Xion, eg when she first admits she can't use the keyblade and Roxas gives her his.
- The scene where they talk about having memories from before they were Nobodies, yet Roxas and Xion don't. Well, on that note, I have a feeling we'll see a lot of the clocktower scenes... not because they're important, but for "sentimentality" lol.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can see where he's coming from in that case, but I'll miss his overall awesomeness and funny comments :p

Me too :C He's been an invaluable member here, especially in the early days of the club, when it was a bit scary voicing negative opinions about Days.

The internet dominates my life too, unfortunately...I spend more time inside on the web than going outside and enjoying the nice weather more. On the bright side I do love talking to people that share my interests :wink:

Aw man me too haha. I think that's the double edged sword of worldwide instantaneous communication these days. There's a lot of pressure to be contactable, online and connected at all times, as well as keeping up to date with so much information and news about our friends and stuff we like... it can get stressful!! And eats up so much time!! I know I spend over an hour each morning catching up on all my regular sites, even though I do the same before I sleep @__@

YouTube just...ugh. I've learned my lesson trying to debate on that site about Xion...several lessons actually...not only is there not enough space to properly get a point across, you get thumbed down so much that no one can see your comment anymore anyway. People worship her like a God there, so much so they people immediately want to purge away the 'scum of the fandom'. It's kinda creepy actually, like one day I'm gonna go outside and find a giant shrine to Xion, while a bunch of the crazed Xion fans sacrifice the blood of the Xion haters to her divine image.

Oh yeah lol I know. I personally see youtube as the gift that goes on giving: stupid people + trolls = lots of hilarity brought right to my inbox haha

But yeah. I don't think you were active in the forums back in 2009! But it used to be like that here, too. A very pro-Xion mentality dominated, and squashed most discussions. That was why this club was born, to sort of provide a space for people to discuss our opinions without feeling like a poopy hater outcast, then slowly the forum's mentality in general changed to be more neutral :3

This hater gives a few valid reasons to why she should be hated, but then makes herself look bad by saying that "She totally ruined the AkuRoku!" -_- There's no surprise she got flamed.

Yyyyyep. I mean, as an Akuroku shipper myself, I fully admit that the reason I was so affected by the game being so crap was because I had such a personal investment in the Organisation characters, especially Axel and Roxas. But srsly, akuroku was never canon, so stuff that happens in canon can't 'ruin' it -___- If you think it does, then wow you are shipping wrong?? The reasons why you like a ship should be because of the two characters and their dynamic and interactions. And if canon makes them go a way you don't like, you can ignore it and read fanfics~

EDIT: Thanks for bringing us all these translations goldpanner!!! :D :D :D I bought the Fan Selections CD myself and loved reading Shimomura's comments about each song. She really describes the ups and downs with composing the songs for these series, and each song has so much emotion behind it...the KH music is groundbreaking in the sense that until now there's never been another game with that kind of style, it's amazing :3

Aww no worries!! I am glad you enjoyed them! I really loved doing her comments, I love Shimomura's sense of humour, and I really appreciated being able to hear some more personal things about her work and her life. I agree, KH music has this particular feel to it! Listening to the themes from the first game, especially Traverse Town and its battle themes, ahh~

I think Shimomura's style is so unique that for example when I heard Enter the Darkness, I was like huh??? This sounds different?? And then it turned out to have been by Ishimoto, I was like that makes sense!!

Aw. :c Hopefully he'll be back.
And hopefully that slump won't take you away from us. ;_;

Hopefully!! Of course he needs to do whatever is best for him! But I hope it turns out that balance > cold turkey lol

Awww ;A;/ I promise to do my best!! This place means a lot to me, so I really think I won't go. It might sound silly, but you guys in here have been there for me through a lot of changes in my life, even if you didn't know! I've always felt good knowing that you guys are all here. (That includes some people who have gone now, like fantasy08 and Oe98 :C I miss them!)

WOW.
xD
"scum of the fandom"
lol she's one to talk.

ikr like, wow high horse muuuuch

Haters like that actually exist? o_O I thought it was just a myth the Xion fandumb created to spook each other at camping trips and slumber parties.

No, it does exist -___- I thought you would have known, having frequented dA, which is full of idiots like that!! haha (omf i love your metaphor though fkljdsfjk)

I'd also love it if they included Roxas' speech in Agrabah when he realizes there's nothing left for him, simply because it's the most character development he has in the game, but I really doubt they'd do that one. Oh! And when Roxas first sees Axel return from Castle Oblivion!

I REALLY DOUBT IT TOO

i mean,,,

scenes where roxas has development, in his own game???

whooooah

also they will have lots of clocktower scenes because they can recycle the background/sitting animations probably lol. like in the actual game itself. only now they can give them faces instead of

tumblr_m7szrt2An81qbc2ylo1_500.png

i want to see
-flyingggg in neverlandddd
-what is love??

(yeah if i have to endure more of this game i just want yaois
OH NO
I AM ONE
OF
THEM)

-when saix goes to axel to talk about what he found in CO
-the scene where nami and riku talk (and nami expositions the xion thing) (can they ADD scenes? can they add the scene from the novels explaining snarl of memories??)
-(if they add novel scenes then also the scene where riku puts on the blindfold for the first time!)
-anything with luxord please (why was he never plot relevant WHY)

things i DONT WANT BUT WILL BE IN THERE
-xion moping on bed
-moping
-xion
-xion hesitating over things sweetly and heartbreakingly
-people asking where is xion???

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Hopefully!! Of course he needs to do whatever is best for him! But I hope it turns out that balance > cold turkey lol

Awww ;A;/ I promise to do my best!! This place means a lot to me, so I really think I won't go. It might sound silly, but you guys in here have been there for me through a lot of changes in my life, even if you didn't know! I've always felt good knowing that you guys are all here. (That includes some people who have gone now, like fantasy08 and Oe98 :C I miss them!)

Well, yeah. If this is what he needs to do, then he should do it. But I do hope he'll stop in from time to time. <3

AW <3
/hug
We'll always be here for you.
I know I really regret that unannounced hiatus I took. I missed you guys. ;_;
... oddly enough, it was Zul that brought me back.
Whatever happened to those two, anyway? D:

ikr like, wow high horse muuuuch

I know. It's both sad and funny, really. xD

No, it does exist -___- I thought you would have known, having frequented dA, which is full of idiots like that!! haha (omf i love your metaphor though fkljdsfjk)

lol I've only come across one person on dA who seriously felt that way (and I was annoyed by it, I really like her comics). Most of the others I've seen only said such things jokingly, or to troll Xion fans. xD

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Arrrrgh, you guys, I'm really sorry that I don't reply to posts as much anymore! :( I tell myself that I'll get to it later and then I get busy and later never comes! I will reply to whittertwitter and Reika's posts when I have some more time.

Haters like that actually exist? o_O I thought it was just a myth the Xion fandumb created to spook each other at camping trips and slumber parties.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that, and also when I read Grass' "Days trophy" comment and Zulkir's comment about SHALLOW DIVE! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Ok, so to answer Grass' question, my Days wishlist:

- Definitely the scene where Roxas confronts Axel one last time. Why that wasn't a voice-acted cutscene in the first place, and Xion taking off her hood for the 800,000th time was... *sigh* But now it probably will be voice-acted and that makes me happy! :)
- Demyx and Xigbar informing Roxas that everyone at CO got killed and that Demyx needs to underachieve twice as hard
- The final fight between Roxas and Saix
- Xemnas announcing that Xion ran away and Demyx yelling, "Whaaaaaaaat?"
- Roxas reuniting with Axel after CoM
- The Olympus Coliseum mission when Xigbar challenges Roxas to a fight and then Roxas asks Demyx if he had some ulterior motive Now that I think about it, he probably DID. He wanted to see if Roxas was shaping up to be a good vessel for Xehanort! O_O
- Roxas, Axel, and Xion talking about what Demyx does on his missions. 'Cause...well...it's got plot relevance...kinda...
- Demyx and Roxas' missions together...because...you know...they just so obviously deserve to be voice-acted...
- PLEASE GIVE US SOME DEMYX CUTSCENES, SQUARE-ENIX!!!!
- Extra cutscenes that refer to BBS, like maybe adding some Ven flashbacks when Roxas visits Castle Oblivion or Xemnas and Xigbar talking about their plans, extra Demyx, stuff like that...
- Oh yes, and the "What is love?" and "pushing the wrong buttons" conversations that Axel and Roxas have, 'cause those were just hilarious.

things i DONT WANT BUT WILL BE IN THERE
-xion moping on bed
-moping
-xion
-xion hesitating over things sweetly and heartbreakingly
-people asking where is xion???

But Goldy, that's the entire plot of the game! O_O

Wait.

Oh no. Oh dear.

We're going to get more Riku/Xion scenes, aren't we? *sobs* That's one thing I honestly don't want to see in KH3, even though I know it's going to happen (at least at a friendship level). I don't mind RAX all that much, but I really, really don't like Rion at all. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Awwww, I'm going to miss Zulkir a lot. :( His posts are always really funny, and I really admire the way he's always stood by his beliefs and never compromised them here on KHI. I saw his posts a few pages back about backbiting and I just thought it was really brave and admirable of him to stick to his faith like that. I wish I had the guts to do that more often.

And even though I do like Xion, I know how you feel Goldpanner, because I never loved her at the same level as anyone else or thought she was an incredibly well-written character. So it was nice to see a thread where everyone felt the opposite. :) And you guys have always been so nice to me even though I'm part-fan, part-hater, and I really appreciate that.

So yeah, I will reply to WhitterTwitter and Reika soon, I promise! Sorry about that, guys!

Valon

aw is this fc active again finally? awesome! i heard the news of days being hd'd. it might be good but then again there's a loooot of bell tower scenes that are repetitive as all heck. and why would i want to see xion's ugly mug in hd? she's the definition of a filler, she looks like a lame kairi recolor too.

Last edited:
Awards
You guys should stop apologizing for the delays in response, if I owed something to people for delayed/non-existent responses, I'd basically have to go into indentured servitude for this club. So unless you GET ON MY LEVEL, you guys are doing pretty good. :p

Also, not gonna lie, seeing that additional scene for Days in HD was real eye candy, particularly that opening shot of Axel. So I'm actually looking forward to it a bit, ironically, if only because this is probably the newest content we'll be getting.

Valon

xion's filthy face in the kh3d opening, it disgusts me. "OH FEEL SORRY FOR ME, THIS IS MY POWER TOO!" no, you're just like sora, you play just like sora, you angst more than any character has before you, you look like a kairi recolor, 358/2 days is not supposed to be about you. you are a bad fanfic, you're nothing new, all you do is want attention.

Valon

they're coming out with a set called kh 1.5, it'll have kh1fm, re:com, and days hd cutscene's.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Okay, I REALLY need to keep up with KH news. What's with the Days HD scenes? Are they making a Re:Days or something?

Not exactly a Re: Days. The first KH: HD Collection contains KH 1 and Re: CoM as HD Remasters while Days will be included as a bunch of HD cutscenes. We won't get any Days-Gameplay.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
OOH okay, I see.
Lemme guess: It's Japan-only, right?

So far it is, but it was hinted at in the secret message of Dream Drop Distance, so it stands to reason that there is a decent chance that it might get released in western territories, which would finally give Europe & Australia Re: CoM and all of us KH 1 Final Mix (because the HD collection contains the Final Mix version of KH 1).

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
So far it is, but it was hinted at in the secret message of Dream Drop Distance, so it stands to reason that there is a decent chance that it might get released in western territories, which would finally give Europe & Australia Re: CoM and all of us KH 1 Final Mix (because the HD collection contains the Final Mix version of KH 1).

OOOH that would be so cool. <3 I'm crossing my fingers.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AW <3
/hug
We'll always be here for you.
I know I really regret that unannounced hiatus I took. I missed you guys. ;_;
... oddly enough, it was Zul that brought me back.
Whatever happened to those two, anyway? D:

*HUGS BACK* <3 <3
Thank you!! <3

I don't know what happened... I think fantasy08 was just taking a break, as for Oe98, idk... :C I hope they are having fun wherever they are :3 (Like NumberVIII is! I know she is having lots of fun in a new fandom cause I stalk her 8D haha)

lol I've only come across one person on dA who seriously felt that way (and I was annoyed by it, I really like her comics). Most of the others I've seen only said such things jokingly, or to troll Xion fans. xD

Oh yeah lol it's hard to tell with haters how much is trolling and how much is real. It's like, sometimes, you get so sick of people assuming things like YOU HATE WOMEN or THIS IS ABOUT YOUR SHIP or YOURE NASTY AND STUPID

that you have to joke about it or else roll your eyes into oblivion

Organization_42 said:
But Goldy, that's the entire plot of the game! O_O

SILLY ME

/cries on you

We're going to get more Riku/Xion scenes, aren't we? *sobs* That's one thing I honestly don't want to see in KH3, even though I know it's going to happen (at least at a friendship level). I don't mind RAX all that much, but I really, really don't like Rion at all. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Oh man me too :C :C :C

Any potential axel/roxas reunions having to include her (thats purely my shippy heart talking :p) and then any Rion scenes is like the absolute worst thing I am not looking forward to in KH3

ugghgh

Awwww, I'm going to miss Zulkir a lot. :( His posts are always really funny, and I really admire the way he's always stood by his beliefs and never compromised them here on KHI. I saw his posts a few pages back about backbiting and I just thought it was really brave and admirable of him to stick to his faith like that. I wish I had the guts to do that more often.

And even though I do like Xion, I know how you feel Goldpanner, because I never loved her at the same level as anyone else or thought she was an incredibly well-written character. So it was nice to see a thread where everyone felt the opposite. :) And you guys have always been so nice to me even though I'm part-fan, part-hater, and I really appreciate that.

Aw!! It has always been lovely to have you here, because you are also so nice to us, despite us being haterz! And also you always have such a great perspective to add (as well as being just generally hilarious omg)

<3

aw is this fc active again finally? awesome! i heard the news of days being hd'd. it might be good but then again there's a loooot of bell tower scenes that are repetitive as all heck. and why would i want to see xion's ugly mug in hd? she's the definition of a filler, she looks like a lame kairi recolor too.

we get to see her wringing her hands and looking sad in full hd!!!

omg i hope we get lots of scenes of her moping on her bed, the xion/bed fanclub will be so pleased!!!!

Also, not gonna lie, seeing that additional scene for Days in HD was real eye candy, particularly that opening shot of Axel. So I'm actually looking forward to it a bit, ironically, if only because this is probably the newest content we'll be getting.

really?? i had the opposite reaction lol
i thought fully-rendered axel was far too guileless
like i'd read that scene as him battling with the knowledge he had about their fate and wanting to do something nice for them, so it was tinged with a bit of sadness
but no
hes grinning openly and waving his arms around
completely devoid of depth
the game
as usual i am projecting depth into shit that doesnt deserve it in the first place, apparently

OOOH that would be so cool. <3 I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm sure they will!! I think the reason they are doing this is to get the entire series on ps3 ready for KH3, to maximise their audience! So they would definitely release it overseas, I'm sure!

edit: ps, today i got a really lovely and polite question on my tumblr asking why i hate xion, so i posted this answer:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ahh mannnnnn i am so out of the swing lol. there's probably tonnes of points i missed, or explained badly...

what do you guys think? i wish we had like, one giant manifesto to just link to. audo really wants to write one, i know, and i would love to help, but i feel like i should replay the game to do it justice instead of picking on things i hated years ago... and replaying sounds as fun as pulling out my teeth with rusty pliers... 8D

Last edited:

NocturnalMelody

But yeah. I don't think you were active in the forums back in 2009! But it used to be like that here, too. A very pro-Xion mentality dominated, and squashed most discussions. That was why this club was born, to sort of provide a space for people to discuss our opinions without feeling like a poopy hater outcast, then slowly the forum's mentality in general changed to be more neutral :3

Sounds scary O_O It's awesome that this club allowed people with the same opinion to get together and rant without being bashed and outnumbered. And best of all there's all kinds of fans here too, not just AkuRoku fans like common belief.

I poked around khinsider for a long time as a lurker before I actually started posting anything, eventually I couldn't bottle up my anti-Xion rants any longer!

Yyyyyep. I mean, as an Akuroku shipper myself, I fully admit that the reason I was so affected by the game being so crap was because I had such a personal investment in the Organisation characters, especially Axel and Roxas. But srsly, akuroku was never canon, so stuff that happens in canon can't 'ruin' it -___- If you think it does, then wow you are shipping wrong?? The reasons why you like a ship should be because of the two characters and their dynamic and interactions. And if canon makes them go a way you don't like, you can ignore it and read fanfics~

That was exactly the same thing for me, I was ecstatic to get this game (admittedly to even see some adorable Axel and Roxas scenes that could satisfy my inner fangirl :p but not just for that, I was thrilled that the Organization was finally being given a chance to shine and give player a look into their personal life. Nope. :| Xion's existence doesn't affect my ship at all though, hell, if she was a likable character, went through enough development without robbing the spotlight from Roxas...and if her personality wasn't so forced, I would have even liked her! In some fanfiction she's even likable, but again that's not the personality we saw in the game...

i want to see
-flyingggg in neverlandddd
-what is love??

(yeah if i have to endure more of this game i just want yaois
OH NO
I AM ONE
OF
THEM)

ME TOO :wink:

what do you guys think? i wish we had like, one giant manifesto to just link to. audo really wants to write one, i know, and i would love to help, but i feel like i should replay the game to do it justice instead of picking on things i hated years ago... and replaying sounds as fun as pulling out my teeth with rusty pliers... 8D

Agh you're so much better at explaining things that I am LOLOL While I love debating it also wears me down a bit and I lose my will to continue! One giant post would be awesome although I feel like most people wouldn't read it all the way through or will claim that we have "no life besides bashing a fictional character". I'm debating with this person on kh13 and he's not rude or anything...but we definitely feel the opposite about the game, especially concerning Roxas' character.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

- PLEASE GIVE US SOME DEMYX CUTSCENES, SQUARE-ENIX!!!!

YES. YES PLEASE.

I've always loved Demyx, and was extremely disappointed that they just let him be a flat character...but some voiced cutscenes would be hilarious and worth seeing!

And if you're going to give the CoM members 2 seconds of screen time before killing them, at LEAST be nice and give them some voice acted cutscenes in HD... :( Although Lexaeus punching Roxas in the face might be a little harsh for them, I suppose XD But Larxene? Marluxia? How awesome would that be!

And while I know only the important scenes will be voiced and no gameplay, I wish I could seen some scenes in which the characters acted like complete dorks...like Axel saying how he's gonna sleep through his vacation, Roxas on missions with Xaldin:

Roxas: Nice couch.
Xaldin: No sitting on the job!

Last edited:
Awards
really?? i had the opposite reaction lol
i thought fully-rendered axel was far too guileless
like i'd read that scene as him battling with the knowledge he had about their fate and wanting to do something nice for them, so it was tinged with a bit of sadness
but no
hes grinning openly and waving his arms around
completely devoid of depth
the game
as usual i am projecting depth into shit that doesnt deserve it in the first place, apparently

I didn't mean in terms of characterization but purely on an aesthetic level. That shot of Axel caught me off guard because I think it was one of the most gorgeous looking parts of the trailer, something about it was very striking. So I guess my eyes will appreciate looking at new things in hd even if it comes at a price!

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I literally laughed out loud when I read that, and also when I read Grass' "Days trophy" comment and Zulkir's comment about SHALLOW DIVE! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I LOVE THIS CLUB!

We live to please. =)

- Definitely the scene where Roxas confronts Axel one last time. Why that wasn't a voice-acted cutscene in the first place, and Xion taking off her hood for the 800,000th time was... *sigh* But now it probably will be voice-acted and that makes me happy! :)

YES YES YES
That NEEDED to be a friggin cutscene, it was one of the most important scenes of the game! It's one of the scenes the entire game was (supposedly) building up to! WHY WASN'T IT A CUTSCENE?

- Roxas, Axel, and Xion talking about what Demyx does on his missions. 'Cause...well...it's got plot relevance...kinda...

Screw plot relevance, that was just a funny scene. xD

- Oh yes, and the "What is love?" and "pushing the wrong buttons" conversations that Axel and Roxas have, 'cause those were just hilarious.

Ditto to this!

So yeah, I will reply to WhitterTwitter and Reika soon, I promise! Sorry about that, guys!

No worries, we're patient. =)

*HUGS BACK* <3 <3
Thank you!! <3

<3
You're welcome~!

I don't know what happened... I think fantasy08 was just taking a break, as for Oe98, idk... :C I hope they are having fun wherever they are :3 (Like NumberVIII is! I know she is having lots of fun in a new fandom cause I stalk her 8D haha)

I was wondering where NumberVIII went to. o: What fandom is she in?

Oh yeah lol it's hard to tell with haters how much is trolling and how much is real. It's like, sometimes, you get so sick of people assuming things like YOU HATE WOMEN or THIS IS ABOUT YOUR SHIP or YOURE NASTY AND STUPID

that you have to joke about it or else roll your eyes into oblivion

It is, though it's gotten easier. What I used to think was serious "I hate Xion because she broke up AkuRoku!" I now realize is just a joke. xD
THAT'S certainly true.

riku's behaviour made no sense in days, especially considering what he then went on to do in kh2 (or deep dive scene anyway). so, he meets a girl that obviously is key to waking up sora, his #1 goal. namine even confirms for him that this girl needs to be taken in. does riku do this? nope. he lets her run around for a long time, even comforts her and tells her that she needs to make her own choices in life, and then lets her hang out with him for ages. it seems like he was working through his guilt over what he had to do and came out that it wasn't worth it. when it comes to roxas? he goes all out to get him, in the end making that sacrifice and getting stuck with ansem's face. he then spends kh2 guilting about it (and other things). it would have made so much more sense if riku and roxas had fought earlier in the game, and riku had lost, and then riku's plot in days wasn't about hanging out with xion for mind boggling reasons, but was about his struggle in deciding to use the darkness to capture roxas once and for all. and then his guilt in kh2 would have made more sense, because he hadn't worked out that guilt yet.

The only justification I have for Riku's actions (or lack thereof) is because Xion looks like Kairi. Riku has a soft spot for Kairi, we've known that since KH1 and CoM affirmed further, so he wouldn't hurt someone who looks exactly like Kairi.
The reason why he was okay attacking Roxas is because he's never had a problem attacking Sora. Sometimes it's because he (Riku) is being a douche, sometimes it a case of tough love. The two may be best friends, but they WILL fight if they have to. However, that has never carried over to Kairi; I doubt Riku and Sora have in them to hurt Kairi and, by extension, Kairi lookalikes.

And if you're going to give the CoM members 2 seconds of screen time before killing them, at LEAST be nice and give them some voice acted cutscenes in HD... :( Although Lexaeus punching Roxas in the face might be a little harsh for them, I suppose XD But Larxene? Marluxia? How awesome would that be!

YES. CoM was not enough to satisfy our love for the CoM cast. <3

And while I know only the important scenes will be voiced and no gameplay, I wish I could seen some scenes in which the characters acted like complete dorks...like Axel saying how he's gonna sleep through his vacation, Roxas on missions with Xaldin:

Roxas: Nice couch.
Xaldin: No sitting on the job!

LOVE that scene. xD

Xaldin: No, Roxas. No breaks.
Roxas: I was just... I didn't mean... never mind...

EDIT:
Days is pissing me off for a whole 'nother reason at the moment. I'm trying to earn some challenge sigils (I only had 16 lol) and I'm attempting to do mission 57, where you have to search for and destroy the Commanders in the Wonderland maze. I have to do it in 'record time', but I keep losing a sigil RIGHT after I defeat the last Commander. I hustle, BOY do I hustle, but it's never enough! What do I have to do to be within the time limit, defeat each Commander in one hit?!

days why are you being so mean

is it because i hate xion

is it because i'm fat

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In some fanfiction she's even likable, but again that's not the personality we saw in the game...

omg right

i have seen some good fanfics with her in it, but in the end, i would rather just not be reminded that she exists when i am trying to enjoy fanfics lol

I'm debating with this person on kh13 and he's not rude or anything...but we definitely feel the opposite about the game, especially concerning Roxas' character.

So, is all that stuff your own quotes? Or is like, you are the bold 8D I can't tell what's going on 8D 8D

I went to kh13 to try and see it, and ugh i saw this terrible pro-xion essay that was trying to defend her from a 'writing perspective', like, this person was like, i am a writer so i have to think about writing elements and 'trained to observe this sort of thing' so i can say xion uses them well!!

then their arguments are like, all about in-universe logic ('they are good people! of course they would do this!'), and retroactive logic ('being in the story automatically justifies everything somehow, so i assume this was the only way it could have gone!'). like

(just to pick one out)

Roxas, Axel, and Xion form another one of Kingdom Hearts's triads, and one of the major themes in the series is the bond between friends; of course Roxas and Axel are gonna care about her. And the reason she even blipped on Riku's radar is because A) she's an unofficial Organization XIII member AKA the enemy, and B) without her, Sora would never wake up, which is why Riku collaborated with DiZ to begin with.

As for why Riku was so nice to her? Probably because he's a decent human being who realized Xion is sentient and not malicious like her coworkers. If she disagreed, in the end, Riku would've just hauled her ass back to Sora, and he's more than capable of it. He just gave her a choice first because he's not a dick, no matter what some fans believe. (I've seen plenty of vicious Riku hate before, but that's an essay for another time.)

like... none of that is about writing?? ok, one of the major themes in the series is friendship... so what? xion wasn't necessary to this theme. they could have explored the theme with pretty much every other character (axel and saix, axel and roxas, namine and riku, namine and axel, roxas and namine, roxas and HPO, ...demyx?? etc etc). in fact, they hardly even did explore it with her character!! like a lot in days, it was all dialogue hot air and hardly any actual real development or change happening with the characters and with their relationships.

the reason she blipped on riku's radar--no, this is in-universe logic! wasn't this guy going to explain writing to me? how does riku's interactions with xion fit into riku's overall character arc? how does their relationship develop? does riku learn or change due to meeting xion? does she learn or change due to meeting him? in all--was it necessary? was it anything other than superficial?

short answer: no
lol

same to the 'decent human being' and 'he's not a dick' crap... still not about writing! if you want to talk about riku's struggles and riku's choices and riku's morality, then talk about that! talk about how xion fits into the big picture of how he grew and changed over the series! compare how he later handled the situation with roxas to how he handled it with xion...

...oh wait, then you'd have to realise that his development arc was derailed in days
lol??

like the more i think about it, the more i think the writers forgot that days was a prequel

axel was post-kh2 axel (more chummy and less selfish)! riku was post-kh2 riku (more quiet and sad)! roxas was....... ok roxas was just carboard

it's just like... wow dude. i hope i never pick up a book written by this person...

I didn't mean in terms of characterization but purely on an aesthetic level. That shot of Axel caught me off guard because I think it was one of the most gorgeous looking parts of the trailer, something about it was very striking. So I guess my eyes will appreciate looking at new things in hd even if it comes at a price!

ahh i see! no you're right. it's strange, but axel being so red-and-black against that pink sunset sounds like a terrible colour combo but it is really striking!

That NEEDED to be a friggin cutscene, it was one of the most important scenes of the game! It's one of the scenes the entire game was (supposedly) building up to! WHY WASN'T IT A CUTSCENE?

cause we needed TWO versions of the same scene of riku and xion!!

I was wondering where NumberVIII went to. o: What fandom is she in?

Homestuck!

The only justification I have for Riku's actions (or lack thereof) is because Xion looks like Kairi. Riku has a soft spot for Kairi, we've known that since KH1 and CoM affirmed further, so he wouldn't hurt someone who looks exactly like Kairi.
The reason why he was okay attacking Roxas is because he's never had a problem attacking Sora. Sometimes it's because he (Riku) is being a douche, sometimes it a case of tough love. The two may be best friends, but they WILL fight if they have to. However, that has never carried over to Kairi; I doubt Riku and Sora have in them to hurt Kairi and, by extension, Kairi lookalikes.

Well actually, in the novels it actually said he saw her as one piece of Sora, so he sort of treated her like Sora. And he kept comparing her personality to Sora's. Which is like... ;akfljdlfjkd but isn't the WHOLE Sora more important!! Idk, I can see it as making sense for Riku's personality that he wouldn't want to hurt a girl (especially one that looked like Kairi), but I think, at that point in his character arc, he was putting Sora ahead of everything, almost to a dangerous degree, to try and redeem himself. Sora was his top priority over even his own life. I think that later he did feel really guilty over what he did to Roxas and he worked through that behind the scenes in KH2, and it took Sora and Kairi together to convince him that his selfless servant shtick was stupid and that he should have just come to them and they would have loved him either way. So I think, before all that, he might have struggled over what to do but he wouldn't have hesitated too long over sacrificing Xion for what he considered the greater good.

(Not that this was even necessary for his arc--he already had the whole deal with Roxas for this!)

NocturnalMelody

YES YES YES

Because cutscenes without Xion in them aren't worth making into cutscenes :<
Unless they're in the beginning like the first cutscene to make people all excited before crushing their hopes.

But he beat her up when he first met her! D: Well, in the beginning of the battle she had her hood up, so he didn't exactly know who he was beating up until the end...but even then he just left her there after smacking her down...

OH and something I never mentioned that always bugged me! If Xion looked into a mirror, who would SHE see herself as? The black-haired Kairi? Because she said "that girl that looks so much like me". But...how does that make any sense? Anyone whose close to her sees that, but...I dunno LOL What d'you guys think?

LOVE that scene. xD

Xaldin: No, Roxas. No breaks.
Roxas: I was just... I didn't mean... never mind...

Roxas: Let's see what's behind Door Number Two...
Xaldin: Roxas! We have to keep a low profile, you fool. No more throwing doors open. I won't have it.

Haha XD

EDIT:
Days is pissing me off for a whole 'nother reason at the moment. I'm trying to earn some challenge sigils (I only had 16 lol) and I'm attempting to do mission 57, where you have to search for and destroy the Commanders in the Wonderland maze. I have to do it in 'record time', but I keep losing a sigil RIGHT after I defeat the last Commander. I hustle, BOY do I hustle, but it's never enough! What do I have to do to be within the time limit, defeat each Commander in one hit?!

And THIS is another reason why I am never picking it up again. Not only can I not figure out how to actually KEEP leveling up from where my level is stuck...I can't beat that STUPID challenge mission with all the bosses hidden throughout Twilight Town. AGH

Wish I could help, but I suck at that game...no motivation to get better...unlike BBS, still wanna beat Vanitas Sentiment >:D

So, is all that stuff your own quotes? Or is like, you are the bold 8D I can't tell what's going on 8D 8D

Haha whoops I shoulda just sent the link: KH13.com - Kingdom Hearts - So 358/2 Days.... - 358/2 Days - KH13.com Forum

No one there is bashing eachother (yet) so it felt safe to say things without starting a war.

like... none of that is about writing?? ok, one of the major themes in the series is friendship... so what? xion wasn't necessary to this theme. they could have explored the theme with pretty much every other character (axel and saix, axel and roxas, namine and riku, namine and axel, roxas and namine, roxas and HPO, ...demyx?? etc etc). in fact, they hardly even did explore it with her character!! like a lot in days, it was all dialogue hot air and hardly any actual real development or change happening with the characters and with their relationships.

Sheesh, so people who don't like her don't recognize good writing? >_> I'm a writer too, and Xion's something writers would call a 2-dimensional character. 2-dimensional characters don't grow or develop throughout the story, and that's exactly what she is, you'd think they'd notice that.

the reason she blipped on riku's radar--no, this is in-universe logic! wasn't this guy going to explain writing to me? how does riku's interactions with xion fit into riku's overall character arc? how does their relationship develop? does riku learn or change due to meeting xion? does she learn or change due to meeting him? in all--was it necessary? was it anything other than superficial?

short answer: no
lol

It's all left to assumption, we're left to ASSUME they're growing and developing together throughout the entire year. Only...we never see it. So it doesn't count...it's just them running around together while her friends worry. And as much as I love Riku, he CAN be a dick LOL

like the more i think about it, the more i think the writers forgot that days was a prequel

axel was post-kh2 axel (more chummy and less selfish)! riku was post-kh2 riku (more quiet and sad)! roxas was....... ok roxas was just carboard

it's just like... wow dude. i hope i never pick up a book written by this person...

They so did!! Ugh, it bugs me, especially Axel being all "Heyyyyyy :D" bordering on creepy guy hanging with two completely innocent kids (even though I never saw Roxas in general as being all that innocent, but in Days he was innocent from the moment he was born until the VERY last minute when he did a 360. I guess before then he did lash out, but that came across more as whiny) and Riku being all passive.

Well actually, in the novels it actually said he saw her as one piece of Sora, so he sort of treated her like Sora. And he kept comparing her personality to Sora's. Which is like... ;akfljdlfjkd but isn't the WHOLE Sora more important!! Idk, I can see it as making sense for Riku's personality that he wouldn't want to hurt a girl (especially one that looked like Kairi), but I think, at that point in his character arc, he was putting Sora ahead of everything, almost to a dangerous degree, to try and redeem himself. Sora was his top priority over even his own life. I think that later he did feel really guilty over what he did to Roxas and he worked through that behind the scenes in KH2, and it took Sora and Kairi together to convince him that his selfless servant shtick was stupid and that he should have just come to them and they would have loved him either way. So I think, before all that, he might have struggled over what to do but he wouldn't have hesitated too long over sacrificing Xion for what he considered the greater good.

Why does he keep comparing her personality to Sora's? Xion's personality is nothing like Sora's, besides the selflessness...but Sora's cheerful and perky, but can also get provoked...sure, they're both selfless, but.... *facepalm* And I completely agree, at that point in time it just didn't make any sense for him to just let her make her own decision and hope for the best...because whether it was a nice move or not, there was still the chance that she would've been all: "Nope, screw you, Riku" and decided she wanted to live regardless of what happened to Sora.

Last edited:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
cause we needed TWO versions of the same scene of riku and xion!!

Oh of course, how could I not see that!

Homestuck!

Ah, I see. =)

(Not that this was even necessary for his arc--he already had the whole deal with Roxas for this!)

... wat. THAT'S it? THAT'S the reason?! Then why the hell didn't he restrain himself when fighting Roxas?! He's a BIG part of Sora! WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC, KANEMAKI?
Well, at least the novels aren't canon, so we can disregard their idiotic reasoning if we want.

Because cutscenes without Xion in them aren't worth making into cutscenes :<
Unless they're in the beginning like the first cutscene to make people all excited before crushing their hopes.

Ah, true. I forgot Roxas wasn't the focus of Days. Oh wait...

But he beat her up when he first met her! D: Well, in the beginning of the battle she had her hood up, so he didn't exactly know who he was beating up until the end...but even then he just left her there after smacking her down...

Yeah, but we never saw whose face Riku saw, they never showed her face in that scene. If it was her usual Kairi lookalike face, the scene would have shown it. So it's my belief that her face at that time was that of Sora's, and we know that, regardless of how apologetic he is, Riku WILL be rough with and physically fight Sora.

OH and something I never mentioned that always bugged me! If Xion looked into a mirror, who would SHE see herself as? The black-haired Kairi? Because she said "that girl that looks so much like me". But...how does that make any sense? Anyone whose close to her sees that, but...I dunno LOL What d'you guys think?

Probably the black-haired Kairi, since that's the form her memories shaped her as. It does make sense.
What DOESN'T make sense is why others see her as someone different. The memories she received that gave her a look and identity were memories of Kairi, so she should look like Kairi by default and ONLY as Kairi. She didn't gain anything of Ven or anyone else, so she should not have different faces for different people. THAT'S what doesn't make sense.

Roxas: Let's see what's behind Door Number Two...
Xaldin: Roxas! We have to keep a low profile, you fool. No more throwing doors open. I won't have it.

Haha XD

Any mission with Xaldin is awesome. xD I love his character. At least he wasn't derailed.

And THIS is another reason why I am never picking it up again. Not only can I not figure out how to actually KEEP leveling up from where my level is stuck...I can't beat that STUPID challenge mission with all the bosses hidden throughout Twilight Town. AGH

Wish I could help, but I suck at that game...no motivation to get better...unlike BBS, still wanna beat Vanitas Sentiment >:D

Yeah, leveling up gets tough. I'm not sure where the best places to train even are. :/ I think the level I'm stuck at is somewhere in the 60's.
What part of that mission are you having trouble with? o: Maybe I can help.

I finally beat that mission. Don't know HOW, but as long as I beat it, that's all that matters. xD
I cheated with Vanitas Sentiment by doing that Strike Raid trick. It took a few tries to get the hang of it, but I eventually beat the bastard. Still can't beat Mysterious Figure, though. x:

No one there is bashing eachother (yet) so it felt safe to say things without starting a war.

I noticed that there, too! My first mistake when I joined this site was to create a thread asking why people hate Kairi. Got tons of Kairi haters as a response. So I decided to not come back to KHI for a while and went to KH13 instead. One of the first things I see is someone talking about how they're happy they can talk about Kairi freely there without Kairi haters coming in to bash them and Kairi into the ground like they do at KHI. It's amazing how friendlier they are there. KHI seems to attract more of the fandumb than KH13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back