• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{%}|<~Club for Clubbing Xion with a Club Club~>|{%}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I noticed that there, too! My first mistake when I joined this site was to create a thread asking why people hate Kairi. Got tons of Kairi haters as a response. So I decided to not come back to KHI for a while and went to KH13 instead. One of the first things I see is someone talking about how they're happy they can talk about Kairi freely there without Kairi haters coming in to bash them and Kairi into the ground like they do at KHI. It's amazing how friendlier they are there. KHI seems to attract more of the fandumb than KH13.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. If anything, the discussions are a lot more intellectual here than in other forums. Sure there are exceptions but the overall quality beats other forums. I think that when you refer to people not "bashing Kairi" it's because there's no real discussion going on. Everyone agrees everywhere else on generic stuff and few people care about correcting people.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah, I disagree that this place is more 'intellectual' or 'better quality'. It's just that on KHI there is a large group of people who have been here for years and years, which means people on KHI are more likely to know more trivia and are comparatively older. The double edged sword to that is it also makes this place a circlejerk for people who have been here a long time, and also there is a fossilised collective forum opinion on many things that makes it hard for new people or opinions to break in (aka. 'correcting people').

So nah I don't think KHI is more quality. It's just got more old fans who hung around for the sake of their group of friends, and that can be as detrimental to the community as it can be positive. In fact, there are lots of positives to having a forum that is more malleable and less hierarchical, especially to younger people or new fans, which is why you'll find that that's the sort of people who go to KH13.

So while I personally do prefer KHI over KH13 when it comes to posting on the forums, it's not because one is objectively better, it's just because one suits me better.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Pretty much what Goldy said. The only reason I came back to KHI (this was before I made friends here) was because it was more active than KH13. That doesn't mean it's better than KH13, it just suited me best.

And that bashing Kairi thing (which was just an example), it's not so much the hate for the character that bothered me, but rather the rude way they went about it. A KHI regular (at least I think she was a regular; it's been so long I can't remember) even came in to warn me of the shitstorm my post was about to cause.

Then, after joining the Kairi FC and this club, I realized how immature the members of this site can be. The Kairi haters and Xion fans were especially brutal, regardless of how polite we were to them. I noticed this even while I was still a big Xion fan; I ended up quitting the Xion FC and joining this club because of how nasty the people in that club were. It's like I said; this place attracts the fandumb more than KH13, which is why KH13 is a more pleasant place. The downside is that KHI is also bigger and more active, so KH13 gets boring pretty fast.

(I want to add that this doesn't necessarily reflect on those fandoms now; I haven't kept up to date with clubs I'm not in due to lack of interest in them, so the two fandoms I mentioned might have calmed down. I'm just giving them as an example.)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just thought of something... imagine if Days had come out after DDD ;___;

Not only could we have had the reveals from BBS grounded and explained properly, we could have had all the true-purpose-of-the-org reveals perhaps!! In the game where it would have actually meant a lot to us! Like imagine if that was relevant somehow, at the time.

Imagine if THAT was the real twist of Days, not Xion. But the main characters never find it out, which makes everything more tragic for us, cause we know their fates in Kh2. Omg. Imagine if Xemnas had actually had a point in Days?? That was grounded in plot based off the stuff in the other games omg.

Idk! It sounded cool to me haha

OH and something I never mentioned that always bugged me! If Xion looked into a mirror, who would SHE see herself as? The black-haired Kairi? Because she said "that girl that looks so much like me". But...how does that make any sense? Anyone whose close to her sees that, but...I dunno LOL What d'you guys think?

I think it was said in the novels that she saw herself as the black-haired Kairi. Not sure though. I think she definitely identifies as female though, because she uses very feminine speech patterns etc

Haha whoops I shoulda just sent the link: KH13.com - Kingdom Hearts - So 358/2 Days.... - 358/2 Days - KH13.com Forum

No one there is bashing eachother (yet) so it felt safe to say things without starting a war.

Yeah... it feels to me like you will never get anywhere with them, though. When we look at the games, we think, 'why was this like this? Could this have conveyed something better if it were different? What if it wasn't there at all?' But when they look at the games, they think, 'this has to be here for a good reason'. The starting positions are just too different...

Sheesh, so people who don't like her don't recognize good writing? >_> I'm a writer too, and Xion's something writers would call a 2-dimensional character. 2-dimensional characters don't grow or develop throughout the story, and that's exactly what she is, you'd think they'd notice that.

Yep. I think people mistake screentime for development, really.

They so did!! Ugh, it bugs me, especially Axel being all "Heyyyyyy :D" bordering on creepy guy hanging with two completely innocent kids (even though I never saw Roxas in general as being all that innocent, but in Days he was innocent from the moment he was born until the VERY last minute when he did a 360. I guess before then he did lash out, but that came across more as whiny) and Riku being all passive.

lkjfdfmng yes hhahaha

Why does he keep comparing her personality to Sora's? Xion's personality is nothing like Sora's, besides the selflessness...but Sora's cheerful and perky, but can also get provoked...sure, they're both selfless, but.... *facepalm* And I completely agree, at that point in time it just didn't make any sense for him to just let her make her own decision and hope for the best...because whether it was a nice move or not, there was still the chance that she would've been all: "Nope, screw you, Riku" and decided she wanted to live regardless of what happened to Sora.

Exactly. Riku should have been like, ugh this is hard but I have to do it for Sora. I have to make up for what I did and I have to save him and I don't care what sins I have to commit to protect the people I care about. And he would have sucked it up and kidnapped her. In fact, he probably would have kidnapped her on their first meeting.

"Hey random girl who looks like Kairi and is a member of the Org... HM THIS IS WEIRD I AM TAKING YOU TO DIZ AND NAMINE"

not

"Uh... stay away from the Org, girl who looks like Kairi mysteriously!!! They are bad people...!! /flees into the night"

... wat. THAT'S it? THAT'S the reason?! Then why the hell didn't he restrain himself when fighting Roxas?! He's a BIG part of Sora! WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC, KANEMAKI?
Well, at least the novels aren't canon, so we can disregard their idiotic reasoning if we want.

Yeah. Actually, the novels made a pretty big mistake, trying to say Roxas' second Keyblade was Xion's. It is mentioned several times towards the end. I think perhaps Kanemaki and Nomura disagreed over that, and so she snuck it into the novel version haha

Ah, true. I forgot Roxas wasn't the focus of Days. Oh wait...

Mannn today when I was translating the new Jump scans about KH1.5, I snorted so hard typing this:

The Chronicles of the Struggles of New Member to Organisation XIII, Roxas!!

A young man who was given the name Roxas, who has lost all his memories of the past. Having become a member of the mysterious group Organisation XIII, the tale of the young man's fate begins now!

-___-

She didn't gain anything of Ven or anyone else, so she should not have different faces for different people. THAT'S what doesn't make sense.

Yeahhh the whole hood up hood down thing was just obviously a way to force a twist into her. Bluuuhhh

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Yeah. Actually, the novels made a pretty big mistake, trying to say Roxas' second Keyblade was Xion's. It is mentioned several times towards the end. I think perhaps Kanemaki and Nomura disagreed over that, and so she snuck it into the novel version haha

That's honestly what I thought the game implied, that the second Keyblade was Xion's. xD; Despite the fact that her Keyblade was, you know, NOT REAL. Not that the real explanation makes much more sense...

Mannn today when I was translating the new Jump scans about KH1.5, I snorted so hard typing this:

The Chronicles of the Struggles of New Member to Organisation XIII, Roxas!!

A young man who was given the name Roxas, who has lost all his memories of the past. Having become a member of the mysterious group Organisation XIII, the tale of the young man's fate begins now!

-___-

They're just trolling new fans, now.

Yeahhh the whole hood up hood down thing was just obviously a way to force a twist into her. Bluuuhhh

A crappy, doesn't-make-a-lick-of-sense twist that we all could have done without. >.> Really, Days as a whole doesn't make much sense to canon. We'd be better off sticking with our headcanon, l-lol.

Awards
I just thought of something... imagine if Days had come out after DDD ;___;

Not only could we have had the reveals from BBS grounded and explained properly, we could have had all the true-purpose-of-the-org reveals perhaps!! In the game where it would have actually meant a lot to us! Like imagine if that was relevant somehow, at the time.

Imagine if THAT was the real twist of Days, not Xion. But the main characters never find it out, which makes everything more tragic for us, cause we know their fates in Kh2. Omg. Imagine if Xemnas had actually had a point in Days?? That was grounded in plot based off the stuff in the other games omg.

Idk! It sounded cool to me haha

This is bugging me. A lot.
I want this... diddly.

I mean, Roxas SAYS, "No, my heart belongs to me!" I mean c'moooon, even he thought on some level that there was something there. He should have been all defiant to Xemnas and refused to believe that they didn't have hearts. Then Xemnas being all "murrhurr you've figured it out" and explaining his plans, then fighting Roxas in an effort to wipe the slate clean and start over (removing his heart/memories since he has the power to?), since Roxas had progressed too far and grew too much of a sense of self. And then when they fight REFERENCES TO TERRA AND VEN. And ughhhh.... that sounds so cool. Goddamnnnnn.

Then again that would mean Roxas knew they had hearts when he gets his memories back in KH2, and his conversation with Axel in KH2FM suggests only that he suspects it, but not that he's sure. WHATEVER. So Xemnas wouldn't villain monologue to Roxas, but would talk to Xigbar/Saix after Roxas narrowly escapes about how he knows too much.

And with Namine taking the role of Xion as the girl that influences Roxas to leave, and FINALLY getting a basis for their interactions in KH2. But it wouldn't be a trio thing, she could interact with him in... dreams or psychic connections. So that would also leave Roxas to develop his relationship with Axel without that third wheel-ness looming over them. Days would have been... wow, that sounds good. God you're making me want to do a Days rewrite haha.

That's honestly what I thought the game implied, that the second Keyblade was Xion's. xD; Despite the fact that her Keyblade was, you know, NOT REAL. Not that the real explanation makes much more sense...

That's what I thought for a while too!
It's funny because even the game that focuses on her gives her less importance than you'd suspect. If Roxas had inherited her keyblade, then there'd be a much more solid justification for her existence (not that the explanation prior to Days for dual wielding didn't work just fine...). But all she acted as was an emotional catalyst, which could have been replaceable by any number of things.

I know Nomura's official explanation is that Roxas is wielding Sora and Ven's keyblades, but I think at this juncture I'd prefer that it was Sora and his own keyblade. Based on what we know from DDD, it's obvious that Roxas also developed his own heart, meaning he had the capacity to wield his own keyblade. So basically I want it the way it was pre-BbS lol. Put the focus back on the Sora-Roxas connection.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is bugging me. A lot.
I want this... diddly.

I know right!! I mean... agghhh!! I mean, just, having the Org-related twists happen in the game where you are one of the Org and already geared up to sympathise with them would have had much better payoff, imo. And what if, perhaps, they kept all the 'seed' identities secret in DDD, just revealed that that was MX's plan, and then revealed them in Days at some point instead? That would ALSO have had better payoff, especially regarding Xigbar. Like, he has been acting like some weird uncle all along then the twist is, he was in on the plan to infect and use you all along ;__;

As you said, it wouldn't make as much sense in KH2 for Roxas to have know. But then again, if we are going so far as to rewrite Days and DDD, perhaps KH2 could have been different? Perhaps they could have hinted that Roxas' departure from the Org was because of some much bigger betrayal. And perhaps Roxas thought Axel was in on it, too. Perhaps Saix could have done something shady to make Roxas believe that...

But yes fight with Xemnas Terra/Ven stuff!! What if Roxas found that chamber where Xemnas was keeping Aqua's armour.. like why make that actually relevant...

PLEASE WRITE THIS GRASS PLEASE ;A;/ DO IT AHHHH

It's funny because even the game that focuses on her gives her less importance than you'd suspect. If Roxas had inherited her keyblade, then there'd be a much more solid justification for her existence (not that the explanation prior to Days for dual wielding didn't work just fine...). But all she acted as was an emotional catalyst, which could have been replaceable by any number of things.

It's one of the ways it's obvious that Xion was Kanemaki's baby. Xion obviously didn't fit into Nomura's existing mythology and backstory stuff, and it looks to me like he wanted to keep it that way. The difference between Kanemaki's novels and Nomura's interviews and then the vagueness in the games themselves makes me think perhaps there were creative differences involved ^^; Who knows, Nomura has also said in interviews that he loves Xion, hasn't he?

I know Nomura's official explanation is that Roxas is wielding Sora and Ven's keyblades, but I think at this juncture I'd prefer that it was Sora and his own keyblade. Based on what we know from DDD, it's obvious that Roxas also developed his own heart, meaning he had the capacity to wield his own keyblade. So basically I want it the way it was pre-BbS lol. Put the focus back on the Sora-Roxas connection.

Aww that is super cute. I agree. Imagine if, instead of it happening right at the end due to that sort of airy crap, there had been a point in the game where Roxas actually had an awakening and got his own keyblade to go with Sora's and then dual wielded as a keyblader in his own right from then...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You know what would have been even more better and make sense?
If Roxas was wielding Ven's Keyblade at first and then later on awakens his own when his new heart is developed far enough.
In this case the explanation why Sora could use his own Keyblade during the last third of KH 1 and CoM while Roxas is also running around with one would be way easier as to say that both Sora and Roxas use the same Keyblade at the same time in two different places.
Or really turn it around and say the Keyblades are Sora's and Roxas' own. After all, Ventus' heart is sleeping and probably still not fully healed, so keeping his Keyblade sealed would have been not that much of a stretch. That aside, it has never been remotely confirmed that Ventus' heart had any influence on Roxas at all beyond the appearance making them twins-in-looks (and probably speeding up the development of Roxas' own heart since he went from "Zombie" to emotionally responsive kid rather fast compared to the other Nobodies who were around longer than him. Although that's only a theory of mine).

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know what would have been even more better and make sense?
If Roxas was wielding Ven's Keyblade at first and then later on awakens his own when his new heart is developed far enough.
In this case the explanation why Sora could use his own Keyblade during the last third of KH 1 and CoM while Roxas is also running around with one would be way easier as to say that both Sora and Roxas use the same Keyblade at the same time in two different places.
Or really turn it around and say the Keyblades are Sora's and Roxas' own. After all, Ventus' heart is sleeping and probably still not fully healed, so keeping his Keyblade sealed would have been not that much of a stretch. That aside, it has never been remotely confirmed that Ventus' heart had any influence on Roxas at all beyond the appearance making them twins-in-looks (and probably speeding up the development of Roxas' own heart since he went from "Zombie" to emotionally responsive kid rather fast compared to the other Nobodies who were around longer than him. Although that's only a theory of mine).

That would be cool too! It would also have been a great way to link BBS more solidly within the game, and could have opened up a really cool new twist plot that we wouldn't have seen coming before BBS regarding Roxas' journey to discover his own identity (dropped in the actual game).

However, I do like the imagery behind Sora and Roxas being two halves of the same person, sharing one heart and therefore one Keyblade, like, the whole 'other side of your heart' stuff in CoM and the Nobody/Other stuff in Kh2 was really cool. So I do like them sharing, too. But yeah, for him to have at some point busted out his own Keyblade when his own heart had formed, perhaps after some particular cool event like...

Imagine if his friendship with Axel was actually a plot arc thing. Like, they didn't really click at first, especially regarding Axel's CoM personality and shadiness. But then as the game progresses they slowly (not immediately!! lol) become friends due to saving each other's asses on missions and slowly starting to appreciate each other's senses of humour and they might eventually move on from bitching about members of the Org and their missions to talking together about their memories from the past (Axel talking about Lea, maybe foreshadowing whatever Seed!Isa stuff is going to be revealed?? Or even just grounding the stuff from BBS more, and Roxas talking about the memories he is slowly getting off Sora, which would then cause Axel to feel unsettled cause of what he knows), and have Axel actually start to open up and tell Roxas some of the stuff regarding Isa/Saix or even maaaybe confide a little about what happened in CO, still lying about Sora maybe but at least talking about what he was starting to feel regarding what he did there (perhaps because he is gaining a heart too!!) which would make them actual friends that shared things and relied on each other for real things, and get to see how they got to that point, instead of just staying from start to end at the level of eating ice cream with some Moral Of The Day Line care of Good Ol Uncle Axel tacked on the end -__-

But yeah, imagine perhaps at some point, maybe the first time Axel actually makes Roxas laugh or something, maybe that's when Roxas' heart finally has formed enough to wield a Keyblade and then he has his awakening... okaaay maybe that is a bit fangirly 8D But idk. It would have to be something that was Roxas' own, you know? Not based off Ven or Sora, just something for his own, to solidify his very own heart and give him his very own keyblade. And then, waking up with two would be so weird for him, and he'd really want answers after that. and then with full-fledged feelings and stuff that could finally trigger him to confront xemnas *A*

WHY DID THIS GAME NOT EXIST

OR SOMETHING LIKE IT

WHY

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would be cool too! It would also have been a great way to link BBS more solidly within the game, and could have opened up a really cool new twist plot that we wouldn't have seen coming before BBS regarding Roxas' journey to discover his own identity (dropped in the actual game).

However, I do like the imagery behind Sora and Roxas being two halves of the same person, sharing one heart and therefore one Keyblade, like, the whole 'other side of your heart' stuff in CoM and the Nobody/Other stuff in Kh2 was really cool. So I do like them sharing, too. But yeah, for him to have at some point busted out his own Keyblade when his own heart had formed, perhaps after some particular cool event like...

Imagine if his friendship with Axel was actually a plot arc thing. Like, they didn't really click at first, especially regarding Axel's CoM personality and shadiness. But then as the game progresses they slowly (not immediately!! lol) become friends due to saving each other's asses on missions and slowly starting to appreciate each other's senses of humour and they might eventually move on from bitching about members of the Org and their missions to talking together about their memories from the past (Axel talking about Lea, maybe foreshadowing whatever Seed!Isa stuff is going to be revealed?? Or even just grounding the stuff from BBS more, and Roxas talking about the memories he is slowly getting off Sora, which would then cause Axel to feel unsettled cause of what he knows), and have Axel actually start to open up and tell Roxas some of the stuff regarding Isa/Saix or even maaaybe confide a little about what happened in CO, still lying about Sora maybe but at least talking about what he was starting to feel regarding what he did there (perhaps because he is gaining a heart too!!) which would make them actual friends that shared things and relied on each other for real things, and get to see how they got to that point, instead of just staying from start to end at the level of eating ice cream with some Moral Of The Day Line care of Good Ol Uncle Axel tacked on the end -__-

But yeah, imagine perhaps at some point, maybe the first time Axel actually makes Roxas laugh or something, maybe that's when Roxas' heart finally has formed enough to wield a Keyblade and then he has his awakening... okaaay maybe that is a bit fangirly 8D But idk. It would have to be something that was Roxas' own, you know? Not based off Ven or Sora, just something for his own, to solidify his very own heart and give him his very own keyblade. And then, waking up with two would be so weird for him, and he'd really want answers after that. and then with full-fledged feelings and stuff that could finally trigger him to confront xemnas *A*

WHY DID THIS GAME NOT EXIST

OR SOMETHING LIKE IT

WHY

Also gonna answer in spoilers, lol:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, lol, I was worried that the non-spoilery stuff would still give away what the spoilers were about 8D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
That's what I thought for a while too!

Hell, AXEL could have been that catalyst! What better way to trigger an emotional epiphany than your best friend lying about who you are?

Personally, I still like the theory that Roxas started off wielding Ven's Keyblade, gained the ability to dual-wield when Sora went to sleep (since Sora would no longer be actively wielding his Keyblade, making it available to Roxas), but didn't realize that ability until later. Would have made more sense than Xion's existence.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wonder though, just how long has this spoiler stuff still to be kept up? The game is out for already two months.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
I know right!! I mean... agghhh!! I mean, just, having the Org-related twists happen in the game where you are one of the Org and already geared up to sympathise with them would have had much better payoff, imo. And what if, perhaps, they kept all the 'seed' identities secret in DDD, just revealed that that was MX's plan, and then revealed them in Days at some point instead? That would ALSO have had better payoff, especially regarding Xigbar. Like, he has been acting like some weird uncle all along then the twist is, he was in on the plan to infect and use you all along ;__;

As you said, it wouldn't make as much sense in KH2 for Roxas to have know. But then again, if we are going so far as to rewrite Days and DDD, perhaps KH2 could have been different? Perhaps they could have hinted that Roxas' departure from the Org was because of some much bigger betrayal. And perhaps Roxas thought Axel was in on it, too. Perhaps Saix could have done something shady to make Roxas believe that...

But yes fight with Xemnas Terra/Ven stuff!! What if Roxas found that chamber where Xemnas was keeping Aqua's armour.. like why make that actually relevant...

PLEASE WRITE THIS GRASS PLEASE ;A;/ DO IT AHHHH

Oh man it'd just be such a huge endeavor... and I am the great unfinisher lol.
But! I wanna get down stuff we'd want in alternate!Days for reference. I know we've talked about this exhaustively before but with DDD now shedding more light, it'd be nice to have everything in one post.

So, I think this is what a lot of us would have liked to have seen (people can feel free to argue against certain points):
- Roxas being more emotionally distant/aggressive (not zombie-ish) and gradually developing a relationship with Axel
- In regards to Roxas' development of emotion, this is my own personal wish, but I would have really liked to have seen that fleshed out a bit more. Show us the first times Roxas gets angry, happy, sad, jealous, etc, and note how he reacts/describes them. Like I think a lot of the Disney worlds could come into play here, with each one maybe giving him a new emotion? Then again that sounds a bit stilted, idk.
- Axel initially being the asshole he was in CoM and then unhardening his heart (lol).
- This is another one I'm not sure how people feel: Namine as the girl that influences Roxas to leave. Roxas and Kairi had a psychic connection in KH2, so I could really picture him having these moments with Namine throughout Days, or even seeing her in his dreams, as she tries to retrieve Sora's memories (and fails).
- Dual Wielding: Have it come much earlier (from what, I'm not sure, but when Roxas gets his second keyblade, I'd like to see him undergo a Dive to the Heart). I mean, the way Axel says, "Two?" in KH2 makes it sound like he's never seen Roxas dual wield before but at the same time, look at the graves in Proof of Existence- Oblivion and Oathkeeper are there, how did the Organization know lol.
- Ok random but on that note I really want the Proof of Existence finally being established as a graveyard of sorts, and Roxas goes there after hearing about the deaths of the CoM members hahaha.
- What about a Sora clone, do we want that or not? Thing is, I like the idea but the execution was horrible. I can see it working if the Sora clone was kept away from Roxas (which would have made more sense to begin with lol but would also mean that it would not steal the limelight and only appear at certain points) and was hooded at all times (ie no appearance shenanigans, just being illusive) with no personality/lines/etc. I like how the Replica Program made Repliku seem relevant/not completely random, and it also fits in really well with what we know from DDD about MX's plans. Additionally, this Sora clone could be symbolic of what the Organization wants Roxas to be: a complete tool with no sense of self.
- Obviously way more interaction with the minor characters of the Organization to flesh them out more.
- The Chamber of Waking actually being relevant to the plot lol.
- Xemnas being an active villain (actual conflict with Roxas), overt references to how much he's Terra/Xehanort, elaboration of MX's plans.
- Scenes of DiZ alone on the clocktower eating sea-salt ice cream.

There's more but I'm tired, you guys got anything?

Hell, AXEL could have been that catalyst! What better way to trigger an emotional epiphany than your best friend lying about who you are?

Yeah, like that scene where he gets all pissy at Axel? Could have happened there.
That's one of the few scenes I'm really excited to see in HD.

Personally, I still like the theory that Roxas started off wielding Ven's Keyblade, gained the ability to dual-wield when Sora went to sleep (since Sora would no longer be actively wielding his Keyblade, making it available to Roxas), but didn't realize that ability until later. Would have made more sense than Xion's existence.

I like it being Sora and Roxas' blades for the same reason as gp, just because of the yin-yangy-ness.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@Sephiroth0812 I'm not sure, but as long as the 'spoilers' subforum exists I think it's safer to keep them spoilers :3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AH GRASSY

I AM TIRED TOO LOL

BUT

YES TO EVERYTHING re:nami, yes perhaps a sora clone would have worked especially for reasons
um
also what if the Sora clone still did look like Kairi? And that was where the missing Kairi memory had been hiding all along. No other shapeshifting just that. Also therefore all Roxas' interactions with Namine could have been like, not based on SoKai but their own little thing. And then perhaps when Roxas kills the Sora clone he absorbs the Kairi memory as like the last piece of the puzzle or something...
also

-Riku and Roxas having some sort of... plot
-Demyx and Luxord being awesome and getting backstories!!

Awards
So 100 fully voiced scenes. lol.
On the bright side, at least the few scenes we actually wanted to be voiced definitely will be.

And Xion will be slightly less annoying to listen to assuming Hayden voices her, I think.

YES TO EVERYTHING re:nami, yes perhaps a sora clone would have worked especially for reasons
um
also what if the Sora clone still did look like Kairi? And that was where the missing Kairi memory had been hiding all along. No other shapeshifting just that. Also therefore all Roxas' interactions with Namine could have been like, not based on SoKai but their own little thing. And then perhaps when Roxas kills the Sora clone he absorbs the Kairi memory as like the last piece of the puzzle or something...
also

Hmmmmm... I definitely wouldn't want any shapeshifting crap. It could work if it just looked like Kairi! Though I don't see why it couldn't have been a plain old Sora clone that looked like Sora but had memories of Kairi. I guess it's a bit more symbolic of the missing piece of the puzzle.

But at the same time I don't even know if I'd want the Sora clone to have any of Sora's actual memories (or at least making an issue out of it). Like, just have another Repliku type thing, no memory shenanigans, because Roxas himself already serves that purpose, and adding another person just unnecessarily complicates it a further step.

idkkkkk

-Riku and Roxas having some sort of... plot
-Demyx and Luxord being awesome and getting backstories!!

OH YES! That's what I forgot, Riku and Roxas. Way more Riku stuff. Including that first fight that was alluded to in KH2 but never actually happened in Days lol. Like I could work in what I suggested ages ago, where Riku and Roxas fight at Beast's Castle rather than Riku and Xion.
Lemme find itttt....

Thanks, google~
http://forums.khinsider.com/fanclubs/141920-club-clubbing-xion-club-club-153.html#post5120669

And also, obviously, we find out more of what Riku was up to other than... absolutely nothing. 8D

I'd love to flesh out the backstories of the Organization members that don't have one too (including their real names)! And other extra tidbits. Like, for instance, I really doubt that Castle Oblivion itself creates those cards, I think the whole idea behind room creation is that you place something of significant memory-related value up to a door (could be anything), and the room beyond is manipulated into a form based on those memories. So the Organization decided to operationalize it by using blank cards, and projecting copies of memories onto them. And this... was Luxord's idea! lol. Little stuff like that.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It could work if it just looked like Kairi! Though I don't see why it couldn't have been a plain old Sora clone that looked like Sora but had memories of Kairi.

My main issue is that I wouldn't be comfortable taking away one of the six girls in the entire series. lol

I mean I know that if we reduce her role down to basically a perfect robot fighter with no sense of self it hardly matters anyway, but to me, being a girl was the only only good thing Xion did for the series. And I think it would be cool symbolism. Like, she would be the anti-Kairi haha. We don't have a character like that at all, really, girl or boy.

Like I could work in what I suggested ages ago, where Riku and Roxas fight at Beast's Castle rather than Riku and Xion.

Yes! I always loved that theory lol

And also, obviously, we find out more of what Riku was up to other than... absolutely nothing. 8D

He could have been killing Heartless that were trying to get Sora's body or something. The Keyblade attracts Heartless, right? But while Sora's out for the count he would be very vulnerable... it would go with what Riku said to Xion in Days, something like "I'm making sure my best friend sleeps in peace." Then there could also be cute Riku and Nami bonding o/

I'd love to flesh out the backstories of the Organization members that don't have one too (including their real names)! And other extra tidbits. Like, for instance, I really doubt that Castle Oblivion itself creates those cards, I think the whole idea behind room creation is that you place something of significant memory-related value up to a door (could be anything), and the room beyond is manipulated into a form based on those memories. So the Organization decided to operationalize it by using blank cards, and projecting copies of memories onto them. And this... was Luxord's idea! lol. Little stuff like that.

yesss!!

can i also ask for a personality rewrite for demyx, can we upgrade him from 'lazy' to maaaaybe idk more 'pacifist'? :D?

Awards
My main issue is that I wouldn't be comfortable taking away one of the six girls in the entire series. lol

I mean I know that if we reduce her role down to basically a perfect robot fighter with no sense of self it hardly matters anyway, but to me, being a girl was the only only good thing Xion did for the series. And I think it would be cool symbolism. Like, she would be the anti-Kairi haha. We don't have a character like that at all, really, girl or boy.

I do like the idea of an anti-Kairi. hmmmmm
It's not that Xion's a female that bothers me, I just hate the memory-based appearance idea to begin with, it muddies things up.

I mean that's not to say that we couldn't have another female in Xion's place.
Like... liiiiike... well I mean, the original supposed purpose of the Replica program was to duplicate the power of the keyblade.

Maybe. MAYBE. OH. What if we had an AQUA clone? Like, something within her armor/keyblade was used as the basis for the clone, maybe? And then she could use Aqua's keyblade, obviously. That would additionally tie the Chamber of Repose into the plot... sort of, would need to work out the specifics.
I mean, that'd be a much more solid basis as opposed to Sora getting randomly memory sampled in KHFM (always bugged me that something in the international version ended up being pretty damn important). Man, this is bringing me back to the days when we were speculating Xion was Aqua's Nobody lol.

But, ah wait. Then it loses the symbolism of Sora/Kairi. poo. And it's a pretty significant departure.
That still does really interest me though because you could have some... pretty interesting symbolism between Xemnas, Aqua Clone, and Roxas (TAV). idk lol.

He could have been killing Heartless that were trying to get Sora's body or something. The Keyblade attracts Heartless, right? But while Sora's out for the count he would be very vulnerable... it would go with what Riku said to Xion in Days, something like "I'm making sure my best friend sleeps in peace." Then there could also be cute Riku and Nami bonding o/

Yes, and maybe his quest to find out if he can wield a new keyblade? Though it wouldn't really go anywhere lol.
Unless he KILLS THE AQUA CLONE AND STEALS HER KEYBLADE AND THEN GIVES IT TO KAIRI IN KH2 AS DESTINY'S EMBRACE.
haha.

can i also ask for a personality rewrite for demyx, can we upgrade him from 'lazy' to maaaaybe idk more 'pacifist'? :D?
Only good thing to come out of that portrayal of Demyx:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hhieUhAr1qzld8to1_1280.jpg

NocturnalMelody

Aggggh I feel so behind I really wanna get back into the groove LOL Something is going around cause everyone's getting sick and I caught it so I feel like crap...can't think of anything awesome to write X_X But all those alternate ideas for Days, they're so awesome, I just...it makes me feel bad that Nomura could SEE how KH II was basically setting up ROXAS' plot on a silver platter. I feel like he gave himself MORE work and stress trying to do something new and confusing with Xion when he could have just expanded on the awesome characters that were waiting in the sidelines.

But nope. He has to go and let Kanemaki run the show. I love her novels and all but I can't help but feel some kind of resentment towards her for the monstrosity that is Xion -_- Days was something that if it couldn't be done right, shouldn't have been done at all.

No, not even the fact that it wasn't done RIGHT, it was just so lazy and sloppy like goldpanner said...and...ugh.

So, I think this is what a lot of us would have liked to have seen (people can feel free to argue against certain points):
- Roxas being more emotionally distant/aggressive (not zombie-ish) and gradually developing a relationship with Axel
- In regards to Roxas' development of emotion, this is my own personal wish, but I would have really liked to have seen that fleshed out a bit more. Show us the first times Roxas gets angry, happy, sad, jealous, etc, and note how he reacts/describes them. Like I think a lot of the Disney worlds could come into play here, with each one maybe giving him a new emotion? Then again that sounds a bit stilted, idk.
- Axel initially being the asshole he was in CoM and then unhardening his heart (lol).
- This is another one I'm not sure how people feel: Namine as the girl that influences Roxas to leave. Roxas and Kairi had a psychic connection in KH2, so I could really picture him having these moments with Namine throughout Days, or even seeing her in his dreams, as she tries to retrieve Sora's memories (and fails).
- Dual Wielding: Have it come much earlier (from what, I'm not sure, but when Roxas gets his second keyblade, I'd like to see him undergo a Dive to the Heart). I mean, the way Axel says, "Two?" in KH2 makes it sound like he's never seen Roxas dual wield before but at the same time, look at the graves in Proof of Existence- Oblivion and Oathkeeper are there, how did the Organization know lol.
- Ok random but on that note I really want the Proof of Existence finally being established as a graveyard of sorts, and Roxas goes there after hearing about the deaths of the CoM members hahaha.
- What about a Sora clone, do we want that or not? Thing is, I like the idea but the execution was horrible. I can see it working if the Sora clone was kept away from Roxas (which would have made more sense to begin with lol but would also mean that it would not steal the limelight and only appear at certain points) and was hooded at all times (ie no appearance shenanigans, just being illusive) with no personality/lines/etc. I like how the Replica Program made Repliku seem relevant/not completely random, and it also fits in really well with what we know from DDD about MX's plans. Additionally, this Sora clone could be symbolic of what the Organization wants Roxas to be: a complete tool with no sense of self.
- Obviously way more interaction with the minor characters of the Organization to flesh them out more.
- The Chamber of Waking actually being relevant to the plot lol.
- Xemnas being an active villain (actual conflict with Roxas), overt references to how much he's Terra/Xehanort, elaboration of MX's plans.
- Scenes of DiZ alone on the clocktower eating sea-salt ice cream.

There's more but I'm tired, you guys got anything?

AGREED ON EVERYTHING.

Well, except maybe the dual-wielding! I always liked the idea of that being the big reveal at the end of the game, in which Deep Dive takes place...that way Axel doesn't actually get to see him fight with them so it's a shock in KH II! And then Roxas suddenly gets all badass >:D

I especially agree on what you guys said about the development of Axel and Roxas' friendship, ESPECIALLY that. That was one of biggest ways Days took a giant hammer and crushed my excitement into a zillion pieces. The fact that KH II hinted at this deep friendship between the two of them, that Axel was willing to risk his LIFE to get back...was never really there in the first place. Friendships are much more effective when you see the characters slowly warm up to eachother, overcome obstacles together, learn to respect eachother and then eventually become friends. It doesn't really move the player when one moment Axel is all: "WTF I HAVE TO BABYSIT THIS KID" and then the next: "Hey, time for ice cream, cause now we're BFFs! :D :D :D"

It's like at first they were setting him up to be all annoyed with looking after Roxas, and then decided "Well, the players are already aware they're best friends, might as well move the story right along so Xion can hurry up and be introduced!"

...Yeah. Okay.

I would have LOVED the asshole Axel kind of rubbing off on Roxas, who in turn lashes back at him...maybe at one point they are working together on a mission and get frustrated because they disagree on what course of action to take, and go separate ways. THEN they decide to work together, and the respect for one another starts, and they tolerate eachother's company.

ONLY when they start to become friends does the ice cream scene start. And this way, since there was enough build up to it, players would actually appreciate the ice cream scene instead of thinking "Oh, thanks. I didn't just finish eight missions or anything and a giant boss to get ANOTHER clocktower scene".

While I LOVE bitchy/badass Roxas, I gotta admit I'm also a sucker for clueless adorable Roxas, so certain scenes of Days actually did make me go "Awww" when he was like that ^^; So, why not have a combination of both, like in KH II? I always saw him as being thoughtful to the point of spacey (not spacey-braindead like in Days). He has moments where he can be cute, but also stubborn and easily angered. Days...didn't do that at all, and he got angry for so many wrong reasons that it just got annoying. KH II Roxas actually had a good reason to be angry. So did Re:Coded Roxas. But...it just sucks for Days to have pooped on the personality of my favorite character. It even took away the joy of getting to play as Roxas for an ENTIRE GAME. I never thought something could actually make me NOT want to play a game starring Roxas and the Organization.

And then Xion came along and my eyes were opened to the bad writing the KH series could be capable of :frown:

Good candidates for his personal blade however would be either the Two Become One (it's themed after him):
Two_Become_One_KHD.png

the Twilight Blaze:
Twilight_Blaze_KHD.png

or the Rejection of Fate:
Rejection_of_Fate_KHD.png

I could imagine him dual-wielding any combination of these would also look pretty badass, *ggg*.

OOO That would be so awesome for him to dual-wield those!! *_* Like, maybe if you play through Days entirely you get the option to play through the game again WITH dual-wielding!

YES That would make so much more sense than Riku running around basically...doing nothing but run around. And since Namine has no weapon and is busy trying to repair Sora's memories, she might need that extra help...

ANY kind of depth would be good! He's always seemed like a pacifist to me too in KH II as opposed to just lazy bum. I don't think Shiro Amano's ever covered Demyx's final fight with Sora, but I do love his interpretation of Demmy :3

Only good thing to come out of that portrayal of Demyx:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hhieUhAr1qzld8to1_1280.jpg

I really loved:

"You ever get the urge to just do something stupid... and AWESOME? Wait, wait... I'm getting an idea... Nope, it's gone."

Demyx you XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back