• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Comic Books & Graphic Novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraX

Awards
I've heard of Maximum Ride and thought about reading them...Might look into them more now. Is it Manga style?

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Well, it IS a Manga, but you don't read it "Manga style", you read it like a regular comic book. I'm basically an addict of the series, but it's James Patterson's best series. You should definitely read it! :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
In other words, it's reading left to right format. The Mangas are based off the novels, so I read both versions. :3

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Rest in Peace Darwyn Cooke.

93UpAa7.jpg

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Just picked up Patsy Walker a.k.a. Hellcat, and I hate myself for not picking this up sooner. One issue in, and I am having a blast. This also makes me want to finally try out the She-Hulk lawyer solo series from a little while back.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I'm not seeing much love for ANAD Marvel. Is anyone here reading any of the books? My current list consists of:

All-New, All-Different Avengers
A-Force
Amazing Spider-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
All-New Wolverine (probably my FAVORITE Marvel series right now)
Ms. Marvel
All-New X-Men
Spider-Man
Ultimates (close-second for favorite series)
Mighty Thor
The other Spider comics (Spider-Woman, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Web Warriors)

Lonbilly

Awards
I was just about to pick up the Rebirth issue. Is that a good "My GOD" or a bad "My GOD"?

As for ANAD, I haven't started any yet lol. I'm still trying to clear my way through some of the Marvel Now runs.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what's this joker identity bullshit that's supposed to get revealed today

i dont like it

Lonbilly

Awards
After reading Rebirth, I'm actually not opposed to the Joker identity thing since we have three Jokers.

I really diddlying loved Rebirth #1. Like, holy hell. It's like they remembered all my old faves while also talking about my fave newbies.

ALSO KALDUR IS GAY. YES. THANK YOU, DC. THANK YOU GREG WEISMAN, SINCE I'M SURE YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.

Guess I need to actually read Watchmen now, since I only ever saw the film. Doesn't change the fact that I lost my shit there at the end.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
what's this joker identity bullshit that's supposed to get revealed today

i dont like it

Dude, I'll ease your mind here. They don't even give a name for the Joker.

SPOILERS BELOW:

The big secret is that there's somehow 3 Jokers existing at the same time now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what. oh my fucking god. three. this is goddamn gotham's fault and i'm going to toss my waste while howling at the stars

Lonbilly

Awards
Pretty sure it has more to do with the whole Convergence thing or whatever from last year, but I wouldn't know since I haven't read the other Rebirth tie-ins.

I'm still just reeling over how good Rebirth #1 was.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
]Guess I need to actually read Watchmen now, since I only ever saw the film. Doesn't change the fact that I lost my shit there at the end.
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the movie is shit compared to the book. go read the fucking book. like if the book were a movie, then the movie would be the kiddie book adaptation. the movie is shit.

DC Rebirth is probably the best DC comic I've read in years. I'm so ready to be a DC fan again.

Lonbilly

Awards
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the movie is shit compared to the book. go read the fucking book. like if the book were a movie, then the movie would be the kiddie book adaptation. the movie is shit.

DC Rebirth is probably the best DC comic I've read in years. I'm so ready to be a DC fan again.

I waited on reading the book for so long just because I didn't really like the movie all that much, and because I heard the comic itself is also a critique on the genre, so I had wanted to be more immersed in comics themselves first before reading it, lol.

I have yet to be steered wrong by one of your recs though, so I'm gonna probaly grab a copy of Watchmen tomorrow when I get paid. Quick question - I know they also did prequel comics in 2012, are those worth picking up?

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Watchmen was always on my reading list that I figured I'd get to one day. Now I feel more inclined to actually go read it.

@Lonbilly: I've heard the prequels aren't that good or really aren't worth reading. Although I think the ones Darwyn Cooke was attached to were supposed to be the best ones?

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
I'm not seeing much love for ANAD Marvel. Is anyone here reading any of the books? My current list consists of:

All-New, All-Different Avengers
A-Force
Amazing Spider-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
All-New Wolverine (probably my FAVORITE Marvel series right now)
Ms. Marvel
All-New X-Men
Spider-Man
Ultimates (close-second for favorite series)
Mighty Thor
The other Spider comics (Spider-Woman, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Web Warriors)

I'm enjoying my ANAD Marvel books right now. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, so I've been reading Amazing, Spider-Man, Spiderwoman, Spider Gwen, Silk, Spider-Man 2099, and Web Warriors. I also started with Iron Man, Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers but have since dropped the two Avengers titles.

I haven't gotten to read Rebirth yet, because I get all my monthly comics shipped to me all at once at the end of the month. I'm hoping they come in today though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back