• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Computer Illiterates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I'm pretty much admitting I'm a dumbarse. I probably agrivate people more than they agrivate me, like the time I tried calling tech support for this new computer o' mine. xD

I get the warranty on every expensive piece of equipment I buy. Every time something breaks, I just call tech support and lie my arse off until they tell me to send it in. Got my computer replaced twice doing this. The 2nd time I sent it though was because they sent it back with a broken (or more outdated then it was when I sent it in the first time) graphics card. Although, the warranty was voided in the first place because I dropped it, being the reason it went in the first time, but they didn't know.... which is weird because the motherboard was broken nearly in half, but whatev.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Girl: Hey professor this thing isn't working

Professor: What thing?

Girl: This thing right here!

Professor: Where?

Girl: This thing under the desk! People tell me what it's called all the time but I keep forgetting.

Professor: *starts laughing* a computer?

Girl: Yeah that's it! It won't turn on.

Okay, that's just sad.

I won't pretend I'm a genius with computers, because I'm not. I know *most of* the essential hardware components and how they operate, and I know how to maintain a system and keep it clean and organized. Far beyond that, though, I'm pretty clueless.

Also, I think this is pretty accurate. Glad I have a GMail, xD.

What your e-mail address says about your computer skills.

Last edited:

Fire's fan

probably holed up somewhere watching Black Butler
lol, I'm one of these people, I mean I know stuff to a certian extent, but I'm a magnent for viruses. My dad is a computer technition, has about a dozen virus preventing softwares and I still get viruses.
I am known in my family as the computer's worst nightmare

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
So, I know I'm nowhere close to being an expert with computers, but I'm still the expert in my house. I controls teh internetz, and that gave me sovereign power over everyone and everything back when I lived at home.

I'm good at what I do, considering I taught myself everything I know about computers, but I'm running off knowledge from three years ago -- I simply haven't had the time to build on skills that are irrelevant to my course. Still better than the average, though, and that's good enough for me.

metrifyx

Back when I had to take computer classes in middle school, it was really annoying (I was teaching my own teachers usually), but it really doesn't bother me now that I don't have to constantly explain things to people. That being said, I still don't know much about computers. I know very basic HTML and CSS, I can figure out programs without instruction manuals for the most part, and I can find most files in my computer without using a search engine. That's about it, but I don't really need to know more than that at this point in my life.

Wow, that's actually really accurate for me. I was in the first category back when I had my own domain (though it's still a pretty generous description), but now I use a Gmail, and seeing how I've forgotten a lot of my computer knowledge since...

Coeurl

Demon Dance
No, suffer is the right word.
Every time I try to talk technology with anyone irl, they just look at me with a blank expression.
Makes me suffer inside, for my nerdyness, but mostly for their stupidity. Especially when I'm talking simple things, like how to use the features in Microsoft Office.
haha this. and i've experience it a lot of times now. people asking about the simplest of stuff that's obviously been taught by their computer teachers back in high school or whatever. also, how to download using torrents. it's annoying how a number people around me only know about limewire or frostwire etc D:

You'll deal with these people everywhere, but they are becoming less common now.
sadly, a LOT of people are still like that in our place :c

i mainly use yahoo and hotmail but none of those are true for me. ehh guess i'll go with my own computer skillz.

Last edited:

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Wouldn't say I'm super amazing, but definitely above average when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of a computer. I really don't mind computer illiterate poeple at all since it's fun explaining shit to them sometimes.

Awards
My Dad's friend just said the words, "Can you help me find the internet?"

I couldn't help but laugh hysterically, which got me odd looks...

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
So, I know I'm nowhere close to being an expert with computers, but I'm still the expert in my house. I controls teh internetz, and that gave me sovereign power over everyone and everything back when I lived at home.

I'm good at what I do, considering I taught myself everything I know about computers, but I'm running off knowledge from three years ago -- I simply haven't had the time to build on skills that are irrelevant to my course. Still better than the average, though, and that's good enough for me.

This. However I utterly despise helping mum with computer stuff, because I can shown her once in five seconds, and she takes twenty minutes of my time getting me to show her still how to do it.

8P Lord Fuhrer of Mai Home Interwebs, totally. Just had to teach my older brother how to use file-sharing.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Also, I think this is pretty accurate. Glad I have a GMail, xD.

What your e-mail address says about your computer skills.

Hilariously funny, especially since I still have an aol email address, but don't even do what the description says.

I wouldn't call myself a genius with computers, but I'm not exactly a genius either. I know about ram, hard drive space, internet (includes router), and am now learning C++, but I still don't know what processor to look for when buying a new computer. I pretty much control the wifi and technology around my household.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
not really our school never had one so me and a couple of friends decided to create one for the school, which now still sucks and is still very computer illiterate.

You and your friends built your school's website? =/

What site template did you use? And where did you get the domain? How'd you get clearance to establish and trademark the site portal locally?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My mom is pretty damn computer illiterate; she's more "internet illiterate" though. As in, I made her e-mail account for her, I have to remind her what her password is EVERY time she needs to check her e-mail (this is after she's already written it down... she keeps typing it in wrong). Then she doesn't understand what a Web Browser is... she always asks me to "turn on the internet" when she means, "open a web browser". That's the tip of the iceberg; you can probably imagine what else she's unaware of/gets me to help her with.

I mean, she needs help so I will help her... but it's annoying to explain how to do these things every time only for her to not remember at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back