• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This really means nothing. I'm going to copy and paste a post from ResetEra

FFVIIR has been hiring for "level planner" (along with others positions) since May 2017 (when they announced switching to a primarily internal development structure) on their main recruitment site, so this is nothing new (this is just them posting a page for that job offer on another general Japanese recruitment site). Not an indication they have done nothing. I don't check this site besides some sales threads much anymore (in a large part cos of threads like this) but I want to point out Kingdom Hearts 3 was actively hiring for all the following positions (see here) (more than FFVIIR is hiring for currently) in late 2017 a year before its scheduled release date:

Battle Planner

Real-time direction planner

Game programmer

Motion designer

Menu designer

Facial motion designer

Character model designer

Effect designer

Real time animator

Cut scene animator

Technical animator

3DCG Designer (BG)

Cut scene designer

Only just recently in late February (month they showed the D23 Japan trailers) they stopped hiring for KHIII specific positions (now they're hiring for Left Alive and other non KH projects), until then they were still hiring heavily for KHIII. So this recruitment is fine for FFVIIR.

It's obvious why it should be taken as an example, the fact KHIII had a release year when it was hiring for 14 positions vs FFVIIR hiring for less positions without a release year is only a good sign for FFVIIR, it demonstrates that hiring for a significant amount of people in relatively important positions happens throughout the entire process with big Square Enix games (and most AAA games) even when there is only a year or less (they took down KHIII offers in February) remaining until release. To the second point there was no KHIII trailers or screens released in 2014, a tiny sequence of rough sketches of Young Xehanort and Eraqus attached to the end of the 2.5 E3 trailer showing nothing of the game doesn't count as a KHIII trailer. The engine change was a substantial setback, Nomura made that clear last year at D23, not too dissimilar to how much FFVIIR switching from primarily external to internal development would have set them back it seems.

If you want more examples than just KHIII, Insomniac is still hiring for roles like this for Spider-Man https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1155951&d=External&r=5000285373506#/

Naughty Dog was hiring for "single-player game designer who will be "responsible for designing and producing engaging and fun third-person action gameplay and levels" for Uncharted 4 a year before release and other positions here (and I recall other times) https://www.neogaf.com/threads/will...an-assortment-of-random-job-postings.1005343/.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I seriously question why people think that the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake project would even fall on Development Hell. It's not, and it won't. This is Square Enix's biggest project since the original version of this game. They have the Versus/XV precedent, but that happened because they were allocating manpower on FFXIII, Crystal Tools and FFXIV. Plus Versus wasn't even considered a mainline FF, up until it was rebranded to XV.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
After the success of the Playstation 4 and the Nintendo Switch, consoles are here to stay. They’ve been predicting the death of consoles for over 10 years now but this has been some of the most successful console hardware in a long time.

Pokie

They might do "episodes " for the PS4, but do a HD/ full game collection for the PS5.

Scorseselover

I can’t wait to see how they’ll handle Sephiroth’s slow transformation to insanity in HD.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Crisis Core certainly did not handle it well. Nor did the original game to be honest. His descent into madness was always ridiculous and unbelievable.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm hoping cloud's kh1 outfit and powers make it in the game as an unlockable skin.

I also hope Kadaj and his bros make it in as secret bosses.

Scorseselover

Oh God. Please tell me the Junon parade is in here! I want to lower the ratings just to hear how hilarious it is for someone to be fired.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
They'd previous done the G-Bike mobile game, and a ton of mediocre anime license titles for Bandai Namco. Unless they had been specifically hired to work on mini-games or something like that I can't see them doing justice to the game on a larger scale.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Walmart claims a "glitch" had a multitude of games appear on their website, but since Bethesda has gone ahead and confirmed Rage 2 is real. IDK what America's preorder situation is like because it seems to vary from game to game, with preorders going up at the announcement and some only going up when there's a release date but Final Fantasy VII Remake was included in this "glitch".

NW3gKi0.jpg

We know several of these from previous leaks, such as Lego DC Villains, and other games have been talked about but not seen, such as Borderlands 3. Because of Bethesda confirming Rage 2, maybe Walmart had spoiled some of the E3 announcements, and for FFVIIR to be included has made me a little bit hopeful it will have a resurgence next month.

Back