• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I'M MISSING HAIR!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
(Sorry if it's in the wrong section. I rarely make threads and I didn't know where else to put this)

So I woke up one day when I was 8, and looked into the mirror. Then I found out I was missing hair in one spot(at the start of the hair line, on my left, the spot is twice the size of a golf ball, but slightly smaller). At first I was like "Meh" and thought it'd grow back soon. Then two years later, nothing grew back, so I came to my parents and they're like "Wait until it grows back, and if it doesn't, we'll see the doctor at the time of your physical" so I waited.

Now I'm 13, and it hasn't grown back an inch. I haven't been able to tie my hair for about 5 years, without it messing up and I can't really do my hair like other girls. It's always down and covered up.

Does anyone know what's wrong and what I should do to make it grow back? ? My parents don't even know(my mom says it's the work of the devil, but that's plain stupid) and even my doctor doesn't know what's wrong with me exactly.

Also(this can only be answered by probably girls >.>) does anyone know any hairstyles I can use? I'm tired of having my hair dull the whole time, and I want to try something new...

I'll give rep(unless if I repped you already, sorry) to whoever can help. Please and thank you :3!

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try and get a picture up.)

Last edited:

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Re: I'M MISSSING HAIR!

Why not try a blunt side fringe, depending on how big the specific spot is, u may be able to get a thick fringe on the opposite side. If not, y not concider like a bandana?

sassysis10

I'll try and help you by looking some things up. Do you want a cut that's long or short?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

You naturally loose hair over time, and it's more manageable properties eventually dissipate with time as well. Also consider certain areas on your head will grow more or less hair, not always quickly either. Relax.

sassysis10

You naturally loose hair over time, and it's more manageable properties eventually dissipate with time as well. Also consider certain areas on your head will grow more or less hair, not always quickly either. Relax.

I don't think it's natural for a eight year old to suddenly lose almost a golfball amount of hair during her sleep. In one night.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

So it's natural to lose hair at 8? :/ (especially a big chunk)
I'll try and help you by looking some things up. Do you want a cut that's long or short?
Don't want to cut it.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

Sounds to me like Alopecia Areata - Medpedia

If you're not losing any more hair, though, it shouldn't be much of a medical issue. What should you do?
Well, it's only one spot, and it hasn't spread either. Everything else is growing normal. I don't think I have it, but just in case I'll bring it up at my next physical. I'll look more into this later, thanks ^^.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

Go for emo look

zexion.jpg

or bald

big-blog-template-heroes-danko.jpg

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
At least you have hair.

I would tell you to wear a wig but you would probably have to shave your head or cut it short enough.

In all seriousness, does it really cause that much of a problem, I mean is it very noticeable?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
(wow it came back to life xD)
Well, it depends.

If my hair is down, it's not that noticeable.

However, if my hair is up, I can't really do much, it's super noticeable(I'm getting bangs tommorow, that might help...)

Plus, my friend and my mom stare at it all the time, covered or not. It's disturbing.

Dexel

Beyond hope
(wow it came back to life xD)
Well, it depends.

If my hair is down, it's not that noticeable.

However, if my hair is up, I can't really do much, it's super noticeable(I'm getting bangs tommorow, that might help...)

Probably not a good idea to try a ponytail, then, unless your hair is long enough so that when it stretchs backward it covers the spot.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Though I play sports and when I'm doing work outside so I need to tie my hair for stuff like that, or my hair will get in the way. My hair is only shoulder width anyway :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back