• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH for the PS Vita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Am I for it? No. Do I see it happening as yet another completely unecessary non-KH III installment? Absolutely.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Am I for it? No. Do I see it happening as yet another completely unecessary non-KH III installment? Absolutely.
Vita or not, the game we're speculating it for is going to be made regardless of whether or not it's unnecessary.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I imagine the reverse side touch screen being an option for moving the camera. Seems like it would be handy with a bit of practice leaving one of the joysticks for switching who you're locked on to atm.

TotemoOishii

If they do it on Vita, I won't play it. I'm not going to buy every game console out there for one franchise. I'll just watch the cutscenes online or look into maybe renting the console if I can find a place that does that.

Ronove

Vita or not, the game we're speculating it for is going to be made regardless of whether or not it's unnecessary.

Yeah. And if we must have it it might as well be on the best handheld possible. Although I personally love the Birth By Sleep series, as it had in my opinion the best gameplay in the series.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If they do it on Vita, I won't play it. I'm not going to buy every game console out there for one franchise. I'll just watch the cutscenes online or look into maybe renting the console if I can find a place that does that.
Why do people always raise this stupid argument? No one ever buys a console for a single/few games in a franchise.

Ronove

Why do people always raise this stupid argument? No one ever buys a console for a single/few games in a franchise.

It's more or less a means to express discontentment with what some would say is the "milking" of the franchise. I think Totemo is trying to say that he'd prefer all the games to be on the same platform, and that Kingdom Hearts 3 should be released soon.

I'm of the mindset that so long as the games are good, the milking can go on ad infinity. That said, I despise Re:Coded and Days, they just aren't very good games. If Squeenix keeps making games like that I'll be upset, but BBS showed me that they can make great Kingdom Hearts games on a Portable, if that Portable has enough power.

siegleeagle

I am guessing no one cares for what I think in my big post. My thoughts are I think its completely retarded to bitch about only needing 3 out of 9 consoles in the past 9 years to play the whole series up to this point. Both hand helds are popular in Japan and they are both at least semi popular here. The the F#$@ over it.

I guess this is where I get tired of being nice.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I'm not going to buy every game console out there for one franchise.

No one said you had to. Fans just think they have to BECAUSE they are fans. I'm a huge MGS fan and I haven't played all of the MGS games, though they don't really go back and forth between consoles very much, but it's not neccesary to play every game in the series.

TotemoOishii

I never said that I have to. Just saying I don't see any other games so far for Vita that would compel me to buy it other than a "maybe-in-the-works" KH game. I would rather get a 3DS. Just my personal preference since I have a PS3 for Sony/3rd party games. (Sorry if it sounded like I was being harsh. The wording wasn't right >.< ) Thank god for youtube, though XD

And I have no problem with SE making games to make money. That's why they make games. It is unusually to have a single series on so many platforms. It seems to be a working strategy, I guess >.>

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
No one said you had to. Fans just think they have to BECAUSE they are fans. I'm a huge MGS fan and I haven't played all of the MGS games, though they don't really go back and forth between consoles very much, but it's not neccesary to play every game in the series.

Exactly, if you don't have the money and you can't afford, you are going to have to pick and choose your games wisely. If not, going to Youtube and watching the entire game online isn't a bad choice if you can't afford it, it isn't a bad thing. That is the one flaw of the KH series which hurts many people, but SE is trying to get the KH name out there on every console so that nobody has a reason to say "I've never tried it."

P.S. Silverslide, I like your avatar and signature. My brother knows that actress, he went to high school with her and she and him just graduated last year and now she is on TV lol, I just thought that was funny xP Sofia is her name, right?

Ronove

Exactly, if you don't have the money and you can't afford, you are going to have to pick and choose your games wisely. If not, going to Youtube and watching the entire game online isn't a bad choice if you can't afford it, it isn't a bad thing. That is the one flaw of the KH series which hurts many people, but SE is trying to get the KH name out there on every console so that nobody has a reason to say "I've never tried it."

P.S. Silverslide, I like your avatar and signature. My brother knows that actress, he went to high school with her and she and him just graduated last year and now she is on TV lol, I just thought that was funny xP Sofia is her name, right?

On another note, if the game sells well on all systems you can't really blame the company for wanting to sell it on all systems. With a company that took a hit on its other IPs like Square Enix this applies even moreso.

siegleeagle

Exactly Kingdom Hearts has been on the top selling list every time its been released. Yes even days and recoded sold really well. So from a companies stand point that is a very good thing. Then if they are a good company they listen to complaints and fix them later if they can. Square Enix did this with XIII-2 and some others. I have a feeling they will start doing this more to get out of their rut.

kupo1121

Awards
Exactly Kingdom Hearts has been on the top selling list every time its been released. Yes even days and recoded sold really well. So from a companies stand point that is a very good thing. Then if they are a good company they listen to complaints and fix them later if they can. Square Enix did this with XIII-2 and some others. I have a feeling they will start doing this more to get out of their rut.

The reason FFXIII is getting a sequel is because originally FFXIII was really bashed as being really disappointing (IGN even said it was the most disappointing game of the year I believe) so for them to try to fix the problems isn't shocking. However, I find FFXIII to be similar to KH2. People hated the game at first, but if you really look at it nowadays, it is great? No. However, is it really that bad either? Definitely not.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
this sounds intriguing... I can actually imagine BBSV2 on the Vita... that could mean that this, an improved BBS-style game with KH2 camera experience...

blueheart

Bronze Member
an improved BBS-style game with KH2 camera experience...

I actually hated that camera. It made me feel like I was less involved in the game, that I was just watching. It was too far back. I liked the BBS camera the way it was, it reminded me of the KH1 camera, which me feel more involved in the gameplay.

NotaHero21

I actually hated that camera. It made me feel like I was less involved in the game, that I was just watching. It was too far back. I liked the BBS camera the way it was, it reminded me of the KH1 camera, which me feel more involved in the gameplay.

Sure thing and the fact that it gets stuck in corners is oh so involving. I'm not trying to bash them but the camera in KH2 is the best so far, period. Besides that fact the vita offers plenty in the way of game play, including a much longer, flushed out story, NPCs(0 reason for this not to happen) multiplayer on a scale not seen yet in KH and side quest and extra features galore. The vita is versatile and powerful enough to be the perfect place for numora to test KH in the realm of HD. At 249.99 the vita is much more appealing than the 3ds anyways, if there is a KH game on it, it would only seal my purchase.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ NotaHero21 No the camera in KH2 was better because it didn't get stuck in the corners and it used the right analog stick, but I do agree KH1 camera was better in that it was closer than the 2nd one.

Oh yeah for the future reference that is only your opinion.

Plus honestly multiplayer is something I don't want to see in KH games at all that's just my opinion.

At $249 I might as well save another $50 to get a PS3 which is still better than either portable lol.

kupo1121

Awards
I think the second analog stick would do wonders for KH on the Vita compared to the PSP. People don't realize just how vital a second analog stick it (imagine playing a shooter without two). The thing is, I would hate to buy a Vita because that is a lot of money to get a 3DS, a Vita, and a Wii-U within the upcoming year o_O...thats my only problem with it. Besides that, I think the Vita would be great to have a KH game on, but personally, I'm with Shinjuku, if SE wants to put in a multiplayer mode, by all means they can, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer in Kingdom Hearts...it just feels so out of place and gimmicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back