• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

Kefka definitely. We need his brand of chaos.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Please speak for yourself, kupo. I don't want Kuja. Kefka, yes. But I think other characters fit in KH better than Kuja.

Kuja's my favorite. And with Vivi being the only representative of FFIX, we need more.

There's so many characters that have the potential to be in KH. Nomura could never go before VII, but after Dissidia, since he worked on the characters, he has the ability to include anyone from the Warrior of Light (GREAT addition) to Kefka (please!) to Lightning (...eh).

Monochrome Tides

Kuja's my favorite. And with Vivi being the only representative of FFIX, we need more.

There's so many characters that have the potential to be in KH. Nomura could never go before VII, but after Dissidia, since he worked on the characters, he has the ability to include anyone from the Warrior of Light (GREAT addition) to Kefka (please!) to Lightning (...eh).
Kuja's awesome. He destroyed one world and almost destroyed another. xD
Wonder what they'd have him wear if he were in it.
...Pants? e__o
Not really fitting for Kuja...

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

...Pants? e__o

If he's included they BETTER NOT have him voiced by the same person who voiced him in Dissidia. Utterly atrocious.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

...Pants? e__o

I don't think Disney would approve of his... whatever you call that thing he wears.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I don't think he's gay, I just can't see Disney letting man-thongs fly in one of their games. Maybe if they turn it into a speed-o (which isn't that much better) or small shorts it'll be ok.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

If he's included they BETTER NOT have him voiced by the same person who voiced him in Dissidia. Utterly atrocious.

Hey, JD Cullum improved immensely in Duodecim! D:<

I don't think he's gay, I just can't see Disney letting man-thongs fly in one of their games. Maybe if they turn it into a speed-o (which isn't that much better) or small shorts it'll be ok.

He's not. He's just a really effeminate man.

Virus

&#1581;&#1604;&#1605; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Hey, JD Cullum improved immensely in Duodecim! D:<

I have yet to play Duodecim, I wouldn't know

Kind of like Nomura's chainsaw idea?

Nomura said:
"Actually the first weapon I showed Disney was a chainsaw. It was this chainsaw-like weapon that I had a rough sketch of when I first showed my concepts to Disney. Everyone got this scrunched-up look on their face and nobody said a word in the entire room. Dead silence. And I thought 'No, I guess this wouldn't work, huh?'"

Monochrome Tides

If they gave him more clothing (It'd have to happen if he were in KH of course) it would be really weird. Since most people are so used to seeing his girly figure out in the open. xD

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Were there any adjustments to the story for international players?

Nomura: I believe that if something's interesting enough people will accept it, so we didn't pay conscious attention to specific regions. But Disney did tell us it had a "Japanese feeling", which I guess you could call an "Oriental way of thinking" (laughs). Also, in terms of storyline, I was thinking of making it simpler and clearer, but Sakaguchi-san (Hironobu Sakaguchi) gave me a single piece of advice for the KH series. That was, "If you don't make it a little more complex, like FF, you won't be able to compete." I prefer to leave the players scope for imagination and guessing, so I decided to develop the game in that way.

Didn't we hear this a long time ago in the first KH Ultimania?

Will 3D also have an enigmatic storyline?

Nomura: It's quite difficult to understand. Right now we're putting the story into the Disney scenarios, and it seems like once through won't be enough to understand it. As for the individual mysteries, they'll explain some of the reasons and connections with the game's scenario. We also need approval from overseas, so we're putting in localisation along the way, which is hard work. But there are those on the Disney side who love KH too, and they have a detailed understanding of the scenario, and have been following closely.

Putting the story into Disney scenarios? :O Nomura, have you actually been listening to us?

Hard work, yes, but awesome! International Release is very likely then. And it'll be much easier to avoid Spoilers. :3

And that last sentence pretty much desricbes the series. If you don't follow the storyline, and someone tries to explain it to you, it's incomprehensible. But, if you follow the series storyline, then you will understand it.

At the moment, how far along is development of 3D?

Nomura: About 40~50%. Soon we'll start recording voices. The theme this time is "bold action", but I also want to seriously consider the pacing of the story. From this survey I can see that the storyline is a highly anticipated part of the game, but I don't want it to be too drawn-out.

And the game started development in October... So, late 2011 Release and the earliest, Spring 2012 at the Latest.

Story line shouldn't be made up as you go along the way either. Need to keep it fresh and unpredictable, but it also needs to not be too convoluted.

So will you be reducing the number of game events?

Nomura: It's not like that. Just that when something happens, if you explain everything from square one you weaken the pacing. So we're introducing a new system to avoid that. In FF Versus XIII we've removed the cutscenes, letting players continue playing through game events, and here we're going in a different direction again. Also, in 3D Sora fights alongside some strange companions. We're planning to put together a secret movie, so look forward to that.

This is intriguing. Not exactly sure what it means, but it sounds cool. I've never had a problem with the Cutscenes as they are now though... And the idea of a Half-Life type Cutscene, where you continue to play while just hearing voices sounds terrible for a game like KH... Hopefully we'll see an example later on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The whole thing about Kuja is that he is flamboyant (in a not gay way) and any changes to his costume would be odd and unfitting. They just wouldn't use him.

This is intriguing. Not exactly sure what it means, but it sounds cool. I've never had a problem with the Cutscenes as they are now though... And the idea of a Half-Life type Cutscene, where you continue to play while just hearing voices sounds terrible for a game like KH... Hopefully we'll see an example later on.

I think he was just comparing that Versus XIII has one new cutscene style, and KH will have its own as well. We shall see~

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

If they gave him more clothing (It'd have to happen if he were in KH of course) it would be really weird. Since most people are so used to seeing his girly figure out in the open. xD

They changed Clouds attire in KH. I'm sure they could do the same to him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They changed Clouds attire in KH. I'm sure they could do the same to him.

They added a cape and a claw. Wasn't much difference to his SOLDIER uniform.

Kuja has on a thong. They'd have to give him pants, and pants aren't Kuja.

KeckII

It would kind of disrupt the character personality. I prefer that he remains untouched...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

They added a cape and a claw. Wasn't much difference to his SOLDIER uniform.

Kuja has on a thong. They'd have to give him pants, and pants aren't Kuja.

Meh. They could do what they did to Aqua and just replace the thong with short pants, but idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back