• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TepidShark

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Hmm I hope they do something to compliment for its anniversary. Some sort of amazing preorder bonus.

Maybe have the collection be 1 Final Mix, Re: Chain, & 2 Final Mix, but if you get the game new you can add BBS Final Mix for free to the collection (used pay $10), online pass style.

Youniquee

Awards
Re: Kh & the xbox

What's the point of having KH3 released on the Xbox when KH2, or KH1 wasn't? Doesn't really make sense, as if the players want to play KH1 or KH2, what will they do then?
And I doubt Enix is going in invest money into making those multi platform.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd call Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 & XI "interest"

When I said game I was referring to KH.

Then I'll point out The Last Remnant, which only sold about 600k units, and FFXI and its expansion packs sold about 500k units total. FFXIII is the only SE-developed game I've seen have such commercial success on the 360.

I was going to mention Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which also sold just around 600k units, but it was developed by tri-Ace and published by SE.

My point is there isn't even a guarantee an HD remaster of KH would even be successful on the 360. It'd be nice but is it worth the money to develop the game? Especially when the 360 has been dead in Japan since it came out there?

Last edited:

Arkrend

Let's not forget that currently all future Kingdom Hearts games will likely be on eight generation consoles.

1. 3DS -- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  2. PSP Vita -- Birth By Sleep V.2 (Though not confirmed it is very likely)

Square Enix already has done work with Nintendo in the past so I imagine the HD remakes might make their way to Nintendo's eight generation console, the Wii U, and it will be put on the PS3.

I get the feeling Square Enix isn't trying to finish the Xehnort Saga before the seven console generation is finished which should be soon considering the Wii U marked the first eight generation home console.

Dream Drop Distance is coming out in 2012 and BBS v.2 hasn't been offically announced yet. Let's imagine BBS v.2 is announced for a late 2012 release/early 2013 release. Now let's imagine the HD releases are released in 2013.

By the time 2013 rolls around I doubt that Microsoft and Sony will still be bothering with this generation.

There's plenty of speculation and some developers have even openly stated they're currently focused on the next generation of consoles.

If Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out in 2014 then I get the feeling it will be on the PS3 as well as the next gen PlayStation, and maybe even the Wii U. I get the feeling the HD releases will also come out on the same consoles: PS3, Wii U, and next gen PlayStation.

Nintendo and Sony have a standing Japan while Microsoft does not. Square Enix has withheld the Final Mixes for Japan in the past so I don't think it's far fetched to say they're focusing on the Japanese version first and foremost. And if they are focusing on the Japanese versions then I doubt they'll spend time on a console that hardly has any presence in Japan.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Not really. Porting a game between multiple consoles, unless the engine was built to be compatible with all consoles, is a lot of unnecessary work. The Xbox version wouldn't really sell in Japan, which we know is Square's primary interest, so I doubt they would even bother with it.

raycat27_2003

Awards

Let's just say they put KH on the 360. How do you know that they graphics are going to be on par with the PS3?? From my understanding of it, FF13 looked like crap on the 360. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Let's just say they put KH on the 360. How do you know that they graphics are going to be on par with the PS3?? From my understanding of it, FF13 looked like crap on the 360. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Well, KH isn't known for having stunning graphics. It can afford to be on the 360 and not have the quality diminished because of that.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They would probably have to release it in Japan as well, which wouldn't make sense since the Xbox is doing terribly over there while we also consider the fact that KH's fanbase, or the people who are most likely to buy KH games are not Xbox owners in the majority.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

What's the point of having KH3 released on the Xbox when KH2, or KH1 wasn't? Doesn't really make sense, as if the players want to play KH1 or KH2, what will they do then?
And I doubt Enix is going in invest money into making those multi platform.

Like i said both hd remakes and kh 3 multiplatform, then they can play all three duh.
Now do i think this will happen? Probably not, do i hope it will happen? Yes beyond belief. It would expand the fanbase and im not buying a ps3 ust for kh, one console is enough. I would have to borrow my friends ps3.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

This guy^
(Trolololololololololol25char)

Trololo don't do that. It's frowned upon.

If they did make it for 360, it'd be ported from the PS3 version and it'd be complete shit. -opinion.

Dross263

I honestly think there are more chances of KH going to the PC than the 360...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I honestly think there are more chances of KH going to the PC than the 360...

I think that is a bit drastic...because in the end, if it gets put on the PC, people will find a way to make it run on the 360 for free. Going along that concept, I can't really disagree with the people who say that it is possible, but highly improbable. It just doesn't seem likely considering the 360's past track record with SE in general and the fact that the PS3 seems to be more gung-ho with the whole HD remasters thing.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

This thread is starting to remind me of the console wars thread from way back when....

Its Possible for Kingdom Hearst to go on the Xbox360
the probability of it happening i say is about 35 to 45%

PS3 seems to be more gung-ho with the whole HD remasters thing.
this is true.... and sadly microsoft only seem to focus on shooters as of late....

k99y77

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Given that it is just Final Fantasy X HD was not Final Fantasy X HD Collection (X & X-2), I have to imagine that if there is some kind of Kingdom Hearts HD thing it will just be Kingdom Hearts 1. That would be disappointing because I happen to like Kingdom Hearts 2 & Birth By Sleep better than Kingdom Hearts 1.
Plus Kingdom hearts is a connected story so it wouldn't make any sense if they seperated them :/

Last edited:

Dross263

Windows and the Xbox are both manufactured by Microsoft.

Around 95% of the PCs around the world run on Windows... What do you expect? And people using Linux and other operating systems are still able to play games (using Cross-Over I think), not to mention Mac's. And Microsoft manufacturing Windows still doesn't give them any type of claim over PC gaming, or PCs at all, so tell me, If I buy a game for PC (Left 4 Dead, for example), how much money does Microsoft make off my purchease? $0. They don't see a single cent, because Windows is an open platform, so any software, program or game that's usable on the Windows platform, doesn't have to give a single dime to Microsoft for using it, so I don't know what kind of claim Microsoft has over PC games. Of course unless they would publish it on Games for Widnows Live, but I don't know a single person that uses it, and why would they? There's Steam.

Last edited:

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

My point is there isn't even a guarantee an HD remaster of KH would even be successful on the 360. It'd be nice but is it worth the money to develop the game? Especially when the 360 has been dead in Japan since it came out there?

I like to point out that Kingdom Hearts is much more popular overseas than in Japan. After all, it has got the Disney Branding and a lot of kids own a 360. I think Kingdom Hearts would do extremely well on the 360.

I would love a KH HD Collection on the PC though. Come on, Square. Make it happen.

X-Box is bonking grotty. No KH game should have the misfortune for being put onto that crappy system.

And yet it can handle updates well and doesn't ask you to install the demo after downloading.

ITT: Retarded neckbeards claiming their consoles from the land of the rising sun is better than crappy american-made consoles.

Digs

And yet it can handle updates well and doesn't ask you to install the demo after downloading.

ITT: Retarded neckbeards claiming their consoles from the land of the rising sun is better than crappy american-made consoles.
Those updated would cost Square a lot of extra money that they're not willing to part with. As for the Demo comment, that's a cheap shot, it's just a couple extra minutes.
Though, I agree with both of you on the subject. I hear a lot of mentions that it would expand the community, that's not completely a good thing. A major piece of the Xbox user base are complete numb skulls, being a budget system it's bound to attract more trash, PS3 isn't free of this either but there's a clear difference between both consoles user base. Both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses but in this case I think I'll pass, I've dropped too much money into Kingdom Hearts on the Playstation side to be interested in my Xbox for a Kingdom Hearts fix. If the games had a need for Xbox live support than I might change my mind but that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back