• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Google Translate

Will be released on March 29, "Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance" reservations, e-commenced on STORE. Bundle Nintendo 3DS, BOX 10th Anniversary (tentative title) is scheduled to begin soon for reservations.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

"Everyone, good morning. Friday, January 20. Tokyo area, and the long-sought rain and 思Iki, sleet snowy conditions. This is a Blizzard cold. Well, Friday. Let luck."???

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Personally, I think they would have sold thousands more if they released KH FM, Re:Com, and KH2 FM on PS3 than the DS box.

Fingers are crossed they might still do remasters on this because I would love to play KH again.

Awards

Personally, I think they would have sold thousands more if they released KH FM, Re:Com, and KH2 FM on PS3 than the DS box.

Fingers are crossed they might still do remasters on this because I would love to play KH again.

We're never getting Final Mixes. Dream on, hun.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Concerning a possible remake and a Vita Title

So I just left GameStop to get the Jak & Daxter collection from a different store location than I usually go to because my usual spot sold out yesterday. The clerk asked if there was anything I wanted to reserve. I listened to him offer 2 customers ahead of me the same, and he would not stop spouting off games that are coming soon. I'm used to employees asking, but he was especially persistent about it. When I said no, he asked what kind of games I was looking forward to since I insisted that the only two I'm really waiting for can't be reserved at the moment (3D and VsXIII). When I said KH, he said "hey, they've got a remake of 1 and 2 coming for the PS3, wanna reserve that? And they're talking about making one for the Vita, you should put that down." I'm like....dude, are you an idiot? How am I gonna reserve something that hasn't been announced yet?

But I thought it was interesting that he brought up the HD port, it tells me people are looking for/expecting it. Just thought that aspect of it was something y'all would like to hear.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Concerning a possible remake and a Vita Title

You should have told him to put a reserve on all those games and see what he would have done since he was so persistent. XD

For better or for worse I think people are expecting too much at the moment. This is how rumors spread about Square "promising" something they never did, or something is taken out of context, then fans get butt hurt. e.g. it's never been remotely hinted at that they're working on a KH for the Vita, the guy at Gamestop is treating it like a fact and more casual fans will think it's true but if it never happens, or comes out years later, they'll complain how it still hasn't come out/took a really long time to come out after it was "announced".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

(Sorry I'm going to merge this with the HD Remaster/Remake thread...eventually...) Well, it is a known fact GameStop sales clerks are uninformed idiots. Not all of them, but a lot of them are just as uninformed as we are. Sometimes they actually do have some insight...but they often create rumors because somebody else told them a rumor.

Anyways, I think there is a lot of interest in a KH1+2 HD port/remake/remaster/whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it. It isn't unreasonable to expect one, either. Nomura said he was thinking about one, but it has never been officially said. The GS worker shouldn't be telling people things like that anyways. I remember when one told me about KH3 and I laughed in their face and asked them to get back to me when Versus was out.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

What would have probably happened if you said you wanted to reserve it was that he would have looked in his computer and said "Oh, nevermind, we don't have it for reserve YET." The Gamestop by me seems to be a bit more informed (and it is quite small so the staff must really know what they are doing since it is a popular Gamestop) and I asked him they had DDD for reserve, and he told me he knew about it, but it wasn't for reserve yet.

I think people are mostly taking when Nomura said that he was looking into an HD thing as a confirmation that he was making KH remasters.

Knehcs

Barriers to an HD remake?

If we did receive an HD remake of KH1 (or KH1FM), how would Deep Jungle be handled? I doubt the rights obtained for the original and Final Mix versions would apply here so many years later. I don't know all of the details of the fallout and/or rights expiration between Disney, Edgar Rice Burroughs' estate, Square-Enix, etc., but I assumed someone here might. Would the world be skipped altogether, or replaced with another?

Would I be going too far out on a limb to say that this may be one of the obstacles that stand between us and a remake of this game? Other than the fact that development teams are busy with other projects, what else do you think could potentially stand in the way?

MadasaHatter

^LOL What? Disney is releasing John Carter, based on the book by the same author. I don't think they would have made that film if there were some copyright disputes between Disney and the estate. But then again, I'm no lawyer so i have no idea how it works.

Knehcs

So the reason we never saw it in any other game other than the original and its Final Mix is simply due to the amount of hate it received?

Both KH Wikis said:
Deep Jungle is the only Disney world from the original Kingdom Hearts that does not appear in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, any other game, or the manga adaption. This is most likely due to the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs still holding copyrights to the Tarzan character and later Tarzan books still under copyright, and Disney unable to secure the rights to use them.

Kamichamadude

That's probably why Tarzan hasn't got one of those Disney blue-ray packs, where they are like "only for a limited time, then going back to the Disney vaults"
If that's what's holding them back from re:re:releasing those games than Disney needs better lawyers. Cause isn't the reason BBS isn't on the psn because of a contractual issue with utada?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

That's probably why Tarzan hasn't got one of those Disney blue-ray packs, where they are like "only for a limited time, then going back to the Disney vaults"
If that's what's holding them back from re:re:releasing those games than Disney needs better lawyers. Cause isn't the reason BBS isn't on the psn because of a contractual issue with utada?

Tarzan is getting a blu-ray release though, across a lot of countries, starting this month

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I can see Nomura releasing a KH HD collection in 2013 with a secret movie linked to KH3 then KH3 released in 2014.

This. Definitely this. We've been getting one game per year for the past few years, so this year will be DDD, next year Re: Collection or whatever the hell they'll call it, then KH III in 2014, because I think they need at least two years in order to make Kingdom Hearts III as good as what we're expecting. If they do end up making it, I expect Birth by Sleep Final mix, Kingdom Hearts final mix, Kingdom hearts II final mix, Re: CoM, and a remastering/final mix for Days, because they didn't do it justice.

LordPhantomhive

Awards

KHIII coming out in 2014? Eh I doubt that, maybe 2015 at the earliest. The KH team still needs to get Vs XIII out and Nomura hasn't even started writing KHIII yet.

MasterZeR0

KHIII coming out in 2014? Eh I kinda doubt that, maybe 2015 at the earliest. The KH team still needs to get Vs XIII out and Nomura hasn't even started writing KHIII yet.

So maybe a compilation of KH, KH2, Re:CoM next year.
And then a gathering of the handheld games ported to console the year after.
And then KH3?

Although that leaves out the possibility of BBS: Vol. 2... :/

Oh well, I'm excited for any of these :p

KevVentus

Well isn't Versus supposed to sort of set up the system for Kingdom Hearts 3? That could actually shorten the development a fair amount... I can see KH3 being released in 2015 if Versus gets a date announced soon...

I can see the consoles HD, then the handhelds HD, then BBS vol 2 happening and pushing KH3 back to 2016 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back