• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- at Jump Festa 2014!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

x37rnu4

Awards
There's no telling for certain whether or not 2.5 is the only thing between 1.5 and KH3. It might be, if KH3 is set for a 2015 release date, but if it is to be released in 2016 instead, something else can take the spot to keep the one-game-per-year thing going. Re:DDD perhaps?

I wouldn't know how to feel about that, honestly. On the one hand, yay more Kingdom Hearts (DDD was defs enjoyable; a close second to BBS in my book)! On the other hand, wow that's a lot of remixes in a row. But I guess only time, and hopefully the release of 2.5, will tell.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
There's no telling for certain whether or not 2.5 is the only thing between 1.5 and KH3. It might be, if KH3 is set for a 2015 release date, but if it is to be released in 2016 instead, something else can take the spot to keep the one-game-per-year thing going. Re:DDD perhaps?

That's my guess honestly. Judging by the way things seem to be moving along at Square, I'd wager that FFXV will be coming out in 2015 which would set KH3 on track for 2016. And a remastering of DDD could fill the void, although I have a feeling that if there is no remastering of DDD, then we may very well go through 2015 without any KH game at all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering that Nomura wants to bring new players and veterans who either couldn't or didn't want to follow the side games (screw the latter group :p) up to speed on the story, it would be a bit weird to leave DDD completely out of it since it is not only the direct Prelude to KH III itself, it's also the title that connects the three handheld stories (Days, BBS and Re: Coded) together into one and builds the bridge to the end of KH II.
It's practically a "hub" storywise, so instead of KH III stuff I would rather expect something concerning DDD at the end of KH 2.5.

Also considering how early in development KH III is, I would say that Nomura and co. should lay low on KH III-info for a while anyways and fully focus on 2.5 until it is released.
We have already been pampered with info for KH III anyways, as we got much more for this early stage in development than we ever got for KH I or II.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(if we got KH3D HD for PS3 I would not be surprised at all. Resident Evil has HD 3DS games on PS3...and um I think Konami has plans for Castlevania...)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
(if we got KH3D HD for PS3 I would not be surprised at all. Resident Evil has HD 3DS games on PS3...and um I think Konami has plans for Castlevania...)
(what she said, considering they never made a final mix for 3D I would not be surprised either if they did a KH3d final mix for the ps3)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
(what she said, considering they never made a final mix for 3D I would not be surprised either if they did a KH3d final mix for the ps3)

What they said, and seeing that it is Nomura's intentions to bring every title to one home console...

I wonder, what could the ideas for the new contents in this as-of-now hypothetical Re:DDD or DDDFM could be. I'm still hoping for online Flick Rush.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

It's entirely plausible for them to make DDD all cutscenes and put it in with KH3 like they kept the FFXIII synopsis for FFXIII-2. I mean, they could do a DDD remake as well, give it another year to get "older" so to speak, but given all the other games were part of the HD Remix line, would this one be KH 3.5 HD Remix lol (jk I know it couldn't since 3.5 is after 3).

x37rnu4

Awards
It's entirely plausible for them to make DDD all cutscenes and put it in with KH3 like they kept the FFXIII synopsis for FFXIII-2. I mean, they could do a DDD remake as well, give it another year to get "older" so to speak, but given all the other games were part of the HD Remix line, would this one be KH 3.5 HD Remix lol (jk I know it couldn't since 3.5 is after 3).

I don't know if they'd do that, considering this is the solid KH3 title, and nothing like that happened for KH1 or 2. At this point, I think I'm starting to agree there might be a remix. All the other handhelds have their remixes now, so it could happen :O

Gram

Banned
Awards
What they said, and seeing that it is Nomura's intentions to bring every title to one home console...

I wonder, what could the ideas for the new contents in this as-of-now hypothetical Re:DDD or DDDFM could be. I'm still hoping for online Flick Rush.
New secret bosses, keyblades, dream eaters, there's so much they could add. ;A;

It's entirely plausible for them to make DDD all cutscenes and put it in with KH3 like they kept the FFXIII synopsis for FFXIII-2.
Ehh I can see this as possibility. Tbh I'm fine with either.

WanPisu

Awards
I can't see a DDD remaster. I just can't. Sure, other handheld games are being remastered but those are coming along with the main titles.

Not like I'd be against that idea, I haven't played DDD yet myself since I don't own a 3DS, but it doesn't seem very likely even if there's a 2 year gap between the release of KH 2.5 and KH3.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The question is really if there even would be new content at all anyways. So far none of the remastered titles got anything extra added that wasn't there before, except maybe the Days-Keyblades in Re: CoM, but that feature was also already there, just for KH II FM before.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The question is really if there even would be new content at all anyways. So far none of the remastered titles got anything extra added that wasn't there before, except maybe the Days-Keyblades in Re: CoM, but that feature was also already there, just for KH II FM before.

It would probably depend on whether they decide to simply give it the Re: treatment (or leave it as it was, considering the vanilla DDD is already of a quality on par with KH2) or go with the FM one. Judging from past FM titles, it seems quite likely that if they end up making DDDFM, extra contents will be added.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It would probably depend on whether they decide to simply give it the Re: treatment (or leave it as it was, considering the vanilla DDD is already of a quality on par with KH2) or go with the FM one. Judging from past FM titles, it seems quite likely that if they end up making DDDFM, extra contents will be added.

The most likely treatment they would give it is probably just to do a "simple" port of the game from N3DS to PS3/PS4 and buff it up a little in terms of graphics and HD, not a Re: and certainly not another Final Mix.

The main aim of these Remasters in the first place is to bring the saga together in a more convenient way (although the one console-approach Nomura spoke of once has already been thrown out of the window with KH III being slated for PS4 and no real backwards compatibility for PS3 games) so more people can catch up with the story for the saga-finale and experience the KH series entirely on a home console, not to add or change even more things.

I'm no expert but I would also assume that porting a N3DS-game to a Sony console (regardless if PS3 or 4) is a quite more difficult task than doing it with a PS2- or PSP-game.
The time issue is one reason why they do not port Days and Re:Coded, instead opting for cutscenes.

I could imagine though that together with the console version of DDD there might come another collection of cutscenes, involving BBS v2 where a story is there but no actual game being planned.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think if they were to remaster or remake DDD for the PS3/4, they'd have to add something new (or a lot of things new). DDD is just too darn new having only come out last year, so IF it came out again in 2015, that would only be 3 years difference, Re:CoM at least had 4 but that was a complete overhaul from 2D to 3D, this one would be as big given DDD was already 3D.

Not to mention the 3DS is one of the best selling systems out now, I'm sure many people would just pick the game up on 3DS if they haven't already since the game would be significantly cheaper by then and it wouldn't be as jarring as Re:CoM to CoM where you are going down a whole dimension.

So if they do plan on re-releasing DDD, I assume they'll have to include something for people to buy it.

limit

I feel like DDD is most probably getting remade into cutscenes (which, honestly, I don't mind... many gameplay elements were annoying). The thing is, there's too many touchscreen-exclusive features. It seems kind of hard to smoothy transfer features like training dream eaters, using reality shifts, or playing flick rush to the PS3. If anything, they *MIGHT* try to make a remake for PS4, since the controller has the touchpad, but I highly doubt it since the 3DS's touchscreen had video showing what you were slicing (reality shifts, mainly).

Also, there's still the whole 3D thing. Yes, they could just say this was for "Dream Drop Distance," but that seems stupid IMO, and I'd think most people would relate 3D to actually being 3D. Anyway, not everybody has a 3D TV, not to mention 3D TVs seem annoying: like, they can't get 3D right like the 3DS did.

I mainly loved KH3D for it's cutscenes anyway. Sure, flowmotion was amazing, but the entirety of The World That Never Was was freaking god-tier. Not to mention the composers pretty much went all out on the music, so most cutscenes were amazing anyway (From Tron dying to pretty much anything in Sora's side of Country of the Musketeers). It would be a shame not being able to fight to some of the battle themes, though, I have to admit.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Can agree with this a little, unlike older games where it's largely a matter of sprucing up and porting DDD is different. It's entire system is based around the 3ds which would be hard, and very lengthy, to put into ps3 or 4.

With that in mind, I'd rather take the shorter option, and go with the notion that someone posted earlier about DDD being handled like FF13 was in 13-2.
There was a option at the start menu that let you recap the story and get the basis for what is happening, which would work rather well for DDD.
Being a handheld title there wouldn't be nearly as much to condense into a recap as there was in FF13.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
What if there was a kh3 demo inside this game
the sales would be....mhhmm

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
That would have been wonderful, yeah... but if it were possible, would the demo do the game justice? Given that KH3 is a PS4 game, I'm afraid that it wouldn't, thanks to PS3's limitations.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why would a demo for a PS4 game be inside a PS3 game? That's going backwards lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back