• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] In Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think the close-up with Chirithy is a bit awkward considering it doesn't move its mouth when talking. The medal thing is nice I guess, although I can't make up a reason how they spring from the same source as the cards.
Also, it seems you can collect prize boxes from Heartless now, a feature that is theoretically also included in the original [chi].

I'm a bit confused about the story though, would there really be a reason to not include it in web [chi]? It's also a bit sad that SE passed the chance to make this a game a solid (episodic) gameplay experience that's not freemium, but a regular game with multiplayer aspects instead.

Rizziano

Like a week or less lol.
But this doesn't have to follow their usual methods.

The screenshots look awesome, i'm super excited for the release of this game! Tbh anything kingdom hearts related is always good news for me lol

Though i'm a little confused, hopefully someone could clarify: other gaming articles such as Siliconera have stated that Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X is slated for release for 2015 in Japan. Furthermore, the article from the Famitsu magazine (in particular the interview with Nomura) states that the game is still currently being tested in North America ("Since we are considering developing this game overseas, we have adjusted it accordingly. When our testing team in America had Smartphone users play it...") and new servers are being created that are divided by language ("We plan on adding new servers. We are also taking into account the chatting element, so I think we will divide it by Language Versions).

So, one may deduce that the release of this game is imminent in Japan. However, when is it likely for the rest of the world to be receiving this game? Could it be that we won't get it until next year, and another KH game will be released for 2015 (be it a HD collection, KH: DDD etc)? If testing is still being conducted in other regions, it may be that we won't be getting it as soon as some may think. or I could be wrong and the testing is more a less at a level of completion, with a western release coming within the next couple of months.

Whoever translated the article from Famitsu and provided the screenshots, you sir are brilliant :cool:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The fact that it's being tested in North America and getting feedback from them (the reason why they abandoned the cards is because of the North American feedback) and the servers divided by language means that, yes, the game is indeed coming to other countries.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
After a simple read through, the most important information is that this smartphone game is created mainly for the purpose of localization.
The card system will be toned down to not make it look too much like a "card game" to attract more players, and the party chat function will also be available.

Edit: In other words, the reason why they make this smartphone version is to be able to localize it in the future.

You guys should be thankful since there is no way they will earn as much revenue from Unchained as compared to the original Chi. So this move is really for the international fans.

Hooray, although outside of new info and news, the Chi forum I don't visit so everything would go in my ear and then out.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Good work chaser. It sounds like it is just a port with the exception of new story elements, is that what unchains it?

MICROSOFT BECOME MORE VIABLE FORMAT

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Good work chaser. It sounds like it is just a port with the exception of new story elements, is that what unchains it?

MICROSOFT BECOME MORE VIABLE FORMAT
It's not just a port, and anyone who says so is ignorant. The art style might be the same but they're revamping the gameplay and changing how some stuff works, the plot will be tweaked (apparently the plot between smart phone chi and browser chi will be a bit different and browser chi will explain this). It's not a full blown remake but it's much more than a port.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay then. It sounded like a port but I only gave it a quick glance and I've never seen much gameplay of X except for the 2 minute launch trailer.

on the likelihood of chirithity being renamed, it seems a big possibility. I vote for Cecily to be the new name (I'm not even sorry, maybe a little)

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
They better prepare an explanation on how we can summon medals from the Book of Prophecy. Though cards aren't any better....

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Square Enix, if you're reading this, thank you SO much for making Chi available to the other countries through this remake.

You're really going above the call of duty here--and even revamping the game!--so I just want to say thank you for that.

I eagerly await this game, and it's reasons like this that you're my favorite company of all time, and why I'll always follow everything game you make:)

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It's good to hear that this is getting localized, even if I don't have a smartphone to play it on. xD Since it connects (hoever lightly) to Kingdom Hearts III, anything to pass the time until that gets closer to release will be grand. :3

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Xblade, I won't link them here but if you got a PC, you can play it with android emulators. There's Bluestacks and Andy; Bluestacks tends to be faster. How well it'll play on said emulator remains to be seen, if it's really heavy touch, it could suck really bad; but both also allow joystick use if touch really bothers people AND IT WORKS. (Emulators can be hit or miss)

But I'm glad to see this too; if we have to wait a long time, this'll help pass the time between PC gaming and saving for that PS4 I'm saving for so I can actually play KH3. ^^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unchained%20x%202.jpg

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
A little disappointed by the mission structure instead of the free-roaming (that's how I'm reading that paragraph, I might be wrong), but can't say I'm surprised. The free-roaming was one of the things that made it feel like Kingdom Hearts... but the web game also never made very good use of it. You just find the best route for the event Heartless and walk in circles for a while.

And it's usually the same routes! I think I've seen more of Agrabah Checkpoint 3 than I have of my own house.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But it's not like that was any different in the former titles. Defeating event Heartless is somewhat like farming materials or exp: running around in the best areas to get the stuff and repeat ad infinitum.

"Unchained" seems to have more than one meaning in regard to the game, maybe somethings is unchained from the Book of Prophecies/the past/Sleeping Worlds?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
But it's not like that was any different in the former titles. Defeating event Heartless is somewhat like farming materials or exp: running around in the best areas to get the stuff and repeat ad infinitum.

I don't deny that, but that's also the part I hate most about the games, so I'm not going to celebrate it, either. I think since the game had to focus on the grinding, they could have tried to fix the problem, but in the end, I'm clearly not their primary audience.

"Unchained" seems to have more than one meaning in regard to the game, maybe somethings is unchained from the Book of Prophecies/the past/Sleeping Worlds?

I'm thinking maybe "Unchaining the sleepers from the Sleeping Worlds" but I've always favoured that theory.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've got good news for y'all, but it has to wait until the next article gets published (which has been resting in Word, ageing like a fine wine) so get excite.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I've got good news for y'all, but it has to wait until the next article gets published (which has been resting in Word, ageing like a fine wine) so get excite.

Wow. Very great. Such excite. Much news.

CutiePique

Awards
Xblade, I won't link them here but if you got a PC, you can play it with android emulators. There's Bluestacks and Andy; Bluestacks tends to be faster. How well it'll play on said emulator remains to be seen, if it's really heavy touch, it could suck really bad; but both also allow joystick use if touch really bothers people AND IT WORKS. (Emulators can be hit or miss)

But I'm glad to see this too; if we have to wait a long time, this'll help pass the time between PC gaming and saving for that PS4 I'm saving for so I can actually play KH3. ^^

Emulators, you say? Maybe I will be able to try out Unchained. ;u;)b

:O <- excite face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back