• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] In Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
nomura has outed me for playing chi for the extremely shallow reason of getting more costumes

he must not know i also play to get more cards

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Still confused about this...

"Non-Japanese players of Kingdom Hearts X need not worry about losing their avatar as it's also been revealed that you can transfer your Avatar from the browser game to Unchained X. You will also be recieving special premium rewards."

Wait a minute! Where is this written?

I only remember it saying that current X players can transfer their avatars into Unchained X when it's released.

Rokuborn

Awards
just wondering, if then Unchained X is a "defeat everything to keep going", this means that there won't be anymore the "Dungeon mode" for kh X?
:/ i wonder how they're going to set the clock-tower then...

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I honestly can't believe how Nomura is serious about calling this canon. So many inconcistencies plot-wise, it's not even funny. For example: the presence of Emblem Heartless. Or the fact they're using these items connected to people presumably born centuries later. The whole "Book of Prophecies" plot really is hard to understand for me (and I can't be the only one). Not exactly re-assuring if you know there are some deep connections to KH3 in this plot.

The way I initially saw Chi was a spin-off with some plotpoints that would return in the main series (making it only partially canon). But now, he's really considering this being an actual part of the plot, isn't he?

With all of that said, I am happy that I'll be able to get my hands on it. Love the artstyle and the combat system does look fun. I just have my doubts about this plot, it's getting more ridiculous and less consistent with every new entry.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I honestly can't believe how Nomura is serious about calling this canon. So many inconcistencies plot-wise, it's not even funny. For example: the presence of Emblem Heartless. Or the fact they're using these items connected to people presumably born centuries later. The whole "Book of Prophecies" plot really is hard to understand for me (and I can't be the only one). Not exactly re-assuring if you know there are some deep connections to KH3 in this plot.
Giving how the story developed so far I think there will be an explanation for the Emblem Heartless eventually. Also, we don't know exactly how the Book of Prophecies works yet, just that you can use it bring out places, events and persons from times yet to exist, somewhat similiar to how the Datascape was created from Jiminy's Journal in coded.
At the moment this basically means that the Disney worlds and the events unfolding there in [chi] are not completely real but echos from the future.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Living for these screens. Can't wait to read the translations later. *u*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Besides what ShardofTruth said, it seems that there are also possible Realm of Sleep things going on that may play a role in just what exactly is happening. Just because it doesn't make any sense right now doesn't mean it won't later, and clearly the story is not at that point yet. There is clearly an end-goal chi is setting itself up for and whatever it is will be big.

The Book of Prophecies is not hard to understand at all. It's a book that was created in the times before the Keyblade War that explains history from then to what appears to be the end of the universe. It is the past and future all laid out in one tome, and people who know how to use the book can pull out events and people from any point in time described in the book and live it out, similar to how Jiminy's Journal is used in Re:coded.

The Foretellers in chi are using the Book of Prophecies to view the events from the future out so they understand them and prevent the catastrophe that will cause the Darkness to overrun the universe as foretold on the final page of the book, so they are fighting enemies, meeting people, and obtaining things that do not yet exist because the book allows them to.

There is also some other reason behind what the Foretellers are doing but we do not yet know their true intentions. Beyond that, there is the possibility that the events in chi are not even unfolding in the past and instead might be its own simulation of the past of some sort (prior to the reveal that Chirithy is a Dream Eater, people believed that we were seeing events happening in the Datascape, but now it seems like we are possibly playing the events of the Keyblade War via the Realm of Sleep)

The way I initially saw Chi was a spin-off with some plotpoints that would return in the main series (making it only partially canon). But now, he's really considering this being an actual part of the plot, isn't he?

Nomura had been considering chi as a canon entry long before now. If he hadn't, it wouldn't have become what it is now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wow, now that you mention that Chi might be a recreation of the Keyblade War inside the Realm of Sleep, they are "cursed" (so to speak) to forever live in this circle of time to repeat, and repeat it. :[

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Y'know...all of this news makes me want to see some Nomura art with the 5 Foretellers, Chirithy, and Ephemera. I want to now how he imagines them and not the cute chi art as cute as it is.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Y'know...all of this news makes me want to see some Nomura art with the 5 Foretellers, Chirithy, and Ephemera. I want to now how he imagines them and not the cute chi art as cute as it is.

I think the Foretellers will look the same, only that they might get a bit more of details here and there (and hopefully, no zippers nor belts).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Nomura: The outline is, KHX and KH Unchained X tell the story of how everything began. Why was Xehanort so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts? You should be able to glimpse the reason for that during these two titles.

I've archived this because I want to know, are there any story events throughout all the various updates of Kingdom Hearts X that hint as to why Xehanort is obsessed with Kingdom Hearts yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back