• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kinhgom hearts 3 Graphics?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

codycameron09

I always thought they should do little FMVs likein Final Fantasy, those werealways the great parts!!! I thought the first game of KH was going to have that, but they didn't. I guessed some Disney characters didn't look good in CG.

But do you all remember Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas? That was all in cg before KH2. Now look, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are now CG in the intros and outros of the game.

Radon

mofo
Its not MDG that everyones worried will look weird in CGI-like graphics, its the other Disney characters like Aladdin, Ariel and Hercules. I can't really imagine them like that.

Atm I have no idea what the KH3 graphics will be like. :S

i eat dark

Its not MDG that everyones worried will look weird in CGI-like graphics, its the other Disney characters like Aladdin, Ariel and Hercules. I can't really imagine them like that.

Atm I have no idea what the KH3 graphics will be like. :S
yeah i know what you mean....im scare about it >.< but square enix will find a way to make the graphics work :lol:

A

Azrael

As long as they can make the graphics smoother and more somewhat realistic, but not too much so, I'll be happy.

Owa

Honestly i think the graphics are good the way they are. I mean the most id want is more definition and visuals in the worlds (setting/surroundings)
And more defined characters.Clothing/Hair/Facial Features etc.
But nothing like ALL cgi cut scenes. I think that'd look odd.

We all know how Kingdom Hearts has the cutscenes that are of higher quality.
As in better Facial expression.Defined eyes that actually move, Lip synchronization.

And then there's the cutscenes that aren't as detailed.
Hardly any facial expression, No lip synch. etc.

Well just make EVERY cutscene high quality.

Sango la dango

I want a little improvement, just not as good as the second picture, because Sora has big ears in it...
yeah and seeing aladdin, ariel and hercules and the other disney characters would just be plain weird...

The Streetie

Awards
Honestly i think the graphics are good the way they are. I mean the most id want is more definition and visuals in the worlds (setting/surroundings)
And more defined characters.Clothing/Hair/Facial Features etc.
But nothing like ALL cgi cut scenes. I think that'd look odd.

We all know how Kingdom Hearts has the cutscenes that are of higher quality.
As in better Facial expression.Defined eyes that actually move, Lip synchronization.

And then there's the cutscenes that aren't as detailed.
Hardly any facial expression, No lip synch. etc.

Well just make EVERY cutscene high quality.

Hell Yeahh!!!! that'd be awesome ...

the only thing i can never recall KH having is a glossy shine .... like on smooth surfaces ie (duh duh duh) Keyblades ....

or does everything in KH-verse have a matte finish ????

I KNOW THIS IS FAKE !!!
but look at Sora and the duck ... They're alot more defined in this...
- a step this way for the KH graphics???? ... i think it looks pretty tbh :)

disneykingdomhearts.jpg

Last edited:

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i dunno what to say about that pic. it's kinda funny and disturbing in a way.

ok ok, yeah, those graphics are promising..

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
They'll probably end up using the 'Crystal Tools' engine for the so-called 'Kingdom Hearts III', so you'll have a good idea of how it'll look like.

If no one knows what Crystal Tools is, it's Square-Enix's own engine used for Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII. You could say it's a engine like the 'Unreal Engine', though whether they'll license it out is another thing =]

ffxiii-screens-leaked.jpg

An example of character models using Crystal Tools

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They could always focus on CGI & live action Disney works if the old stuff doesn't fit with the graphics.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Personally, I think that KH would look best if they used the higher-polygon models from promotional shots (which aren't even separate models, just rounded out a bit) and increased the resolution of the textures until they're consistently smooth. More realistic lighting would be more tricky to get right, since it tends to make the Disney characters look weird.

S

Shadow Soldier

Hell Yeahh!!!! that'd be awesome ...

the only thing i can never recall KH having is a glossy shine .... like on smooth surfaces ie (duh duh duh) Keyblades ....

or does everything in KH-verse have a matte finish ????

I KNOW THIS IS FAKE !!!
but look at Sora and the duck ... They're alot more defined in this...
- a step this way for the KH graphics???? ... i think it looks pretty tbh :)

disneykingdomhearts.jpg

Wait wait wait wait.... isn't that a Team Fortress 2 level? In which case, you have a couple different art styles going on. They don't match at all...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
If they have ridiculously good graphics I'm gonna feel like I'm playing a child's rendition of BioShock or Gears of War. I do like shitty graphics.

Dark Soldier 101

I think thae only world that would look right with the CGI graphics all round would be the PIXAR animation worlds like Toy Story or Chicken Little ect......all others would look all out of proportion and i wouldn't think that the others would look right cuz that type of definition in a Disney cartoon environment like Snow White would lose the Disney feel(which I pesonally think we are all pulling for in the KH games)and would become pretty much all Square Enix and would suck.

P.S I did not say that Square Enix sucks

drew32

I'd really like it if they took their time making it and made the game look as realistic as possible.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Hey guys i was wondering since the kingdom hearts3 has a better chance of being in PS3 i was wondering how would you like Square Enix to make the graphics? should they stay the same?
s22947_ps2_11.jpg

or should they make them closer to this?
6270-ektxgebysc.jpg

The ps3 has better graphics and i would like them to make the game look as real as possible but im a little scare the disney characters won't look that good....what do you think? :confused:

mods if you think this thread is pointless then feel free to closed but please dont hate.

I'm confidate that the graphics will look like the second pic because Donald, Goofy, and Mickey are disney characters but they look good in the pic. So they would look great on PS3 like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back