• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Level Reset Excuse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like others have said, just make him start at level one and that's it. Not every gameplay aspect has to be explained plot-wise, for the love of God. At this point of the series, the gameplay and plot are so thrilling that you'll forget about it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Funnily enough, this reminded me of the Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy X and the License System from Final Fantasy XII. If they could come up with that through the stat matrix, that would be awesome.
I would like to see something like that in KH. Not with the command deck though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I would like to see something like that in KH. Not with the command deck though.

Personally, I think KINGDOM HEARTS III will follow KHI's and II's gameplay style. The Command Deck, albeit one of the best inventions inside the KH franchise, will honestly be used in future titles, in my opinion.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'm surprised my idea is so well received and maybe work in a similar growth system that KH1 set up (you know the staff, sword, shield/ questions combo?) which will determine the stat boosts upon level up? ( like choose the sword, lose the staff= more attack boost, less MP and Magic)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm surprised my idea is so well received and maybe work in a similar growth system that KH1 set up (you know the staff, sword, shield/ questions combo?) which will determine the stat boosts upon level up? ( like choose the sword, lose the staff= more attack boost, less MP and Magic)

This... actually sounds cool and unique for KINGDOM HEARTS. I like it. But will the growth bonuses be completely random?

Shinra

Banned
Awards
no for example it would be like this, and BTW I think Magic defense and defense should be merged

Choose the sword, lose the shield= Attack +5, Defense+1, Magic +3, HP+10, MP +30
Choose the shield, lose the staff= Attack +3, Defense +5, Magic +1, HP +50, MP +10

See where I'm going with this?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
no for example it would be like this, and BTW I think Magic defense and defense should be merged

Choose the sword, lose the shield= Attack +5, Defense+1, Magic +3, HP+10, MP +30
Choose the shield, lose the staff= Attack +3, Defense +5, Magic +1, HP +50, MP +10

See where I'm going with this?
Awesome. I can actually picture this working. A lot. If only for a sidegame, I would like Nomura and his team(s) to give a system like this a try.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You know how, even though Sora had to relearn his skills in KHII, he was still leagues ahead of KH1 Sora?

Well, I think KHIII will support a similar idea. We'll start out with a version of KHII's Sora (not full-power, obviously). He'll be mobile and have a few techniques carry over, like Attraction Flow.

There was that interview where Nomura said Sora's KHIII endgame mobility was, like, ridiculous. So I think that we'll have a more powerful Sora compared to previous iterations, but at the same time the game will be designed around that new power.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
God, when he said that statement about endgame mobility, I can picture the player (us) skipping locations for, like, three seconds. Enter A place, get to B in 3 seconds and so on.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sora sleeps under a coconut tree. Coconut falls & hits him in the head. Sora suffers selective amnesia, unable to remember all of he battles he fought or magic that he was taught.

Boom, level 1. :biggrin:

God, when he said that statement about endgame mobility, I can picture the player (us) skipping locations for, like, three seconds. Enter A place, get to B in 3 seconds and so on.
Assuming that KH3 even still uses segmented areas anymore.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I never felt entitled to an excuse for level resets because by the time I started playing Kingdom Hearts, level resets were such a normal thing in rpgs. So I've always just thought of the excuses as nice little bonuses. Like "Look at that! Each game has an excuse for level resets! How nice and thoughtful!" It was never really a big deal to me.

But with this game being the big number 3 and the final game of the saga and with every single game before it having an excuse, I kind of feel like it's been established as the norm for the series so this time around, it would be a bit disappointing if there weren't a good enough excuse.

axel95

Awards
I don't think we need a reason for the reset. My thinking behind this is that because of the battle between the seven lights and thirteen darknesses, Sora will need to be at his strongest. If they do decide to give us a reason for a reset, that's fine. But I don't see the need to have every little gameplay detail explained in the story.

12kez90

What I'm getting at with the excuse thing is games that are heavily story based should give a reason why the main character can't do what he did in the previous games or else it'll be jarring.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Because Nomura-san doesn't want Sora to go through puberty and keep him child-like forever... so he doesn't have to make new models any more and just keep him in the same outfit for games to come.

But I do like when he comes up with an excuse why Sora is back on lvl. 1. Like in COM, that went well with the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back