• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's new Voice Actor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let us also add that he's played a bald guy.

854a8220066bb1c6403d8d75ee9b1c9c.jpg

blank points

Awards
Yeah, Christopher Lloyd would be and awesome replacement. For my personal choice, however, if I had to pick, I think Scott Glenn would be a perfect match. Not only does he look like Nimoy, but he sounds a lot like him as well. Here is an interview with him. Assuming he could adjust his voice to sound like MX did, he could do quite well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think Leonard Nimoy has an array of nice replacements, but I'll ride the Christopher Lloyd bandwagon. xxD

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Christopher Lloyd also sound really good though if I got to choose I'd still go with Jeff Bridges, also curious to see how well Jim Cummings could do it with considering how many roles with different voices he already play.
The time traveling thing would also be pretty funny on
Christopher Lloyd though and I'm not sure how old he is but with all the old classics dropping of like flies in the recent years this might as well be his last work, his biggest and his final role would have been to be a time traveler.

I think there is no need of opening this Thread --- we could've discussed this in the VA Thread instead.

Just my opinion, no offense. :3
I forgot we even had a thread about that lol, my bad, sorry but I think more people saw it this way anyway so I don't really regret it ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why not we lock scott glenn, christopher Lloyd and jeff bridges in a room with a life sized replica of the chess set from the kh3 trailer?

Smithee

Awards
The aforementioned Christopher Lloyd.

Either him or Robert Englund or Tom Kane.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
As long as the replacement doesn't try to sound like Leonard Nimoy and is of relatively old age, I don't really mind who takes up Master Xehanort's vocal mantle. I'd much rather the replacement try and make the role their own, like Richard Epcar has done with Ansem SoD, rather than try and imitate Nimoy.

I think all the suggestions for voices are perfectly viable, and don't have any suggestions of my own for a suitable actor.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't want him to suddenly sound way different but as identical as possible as long as the VA can actually pull it off, that's why I think Jeff Bridges would be really fitting because at least in that trailer he sounded almost just like MX only less sinister.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'd prefer MX staying quiet save for recycled battle dialogue. Let another incarnation do the talking for the group.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'd prefer MX staying quiet save for recycled battle dialogue. Let another incarnation do the talking for the group.
Interesting thought. I could even see them doing that, since there was a Japanese game (Forgot the name), and they didn't even voice the character, just because of respect towards the voice actor that (may he/she rest in piece) died.
I think they even did things like that in The Simpsons.

This could turn out like something like that.

EchoFringe49

Lloyd is the best choice imo and it should be easy for Disney to pick him up. I'm sure he'd appreciate the work as well, the only things I can remember hearing him in recently was that Kings Quest game and over the garden wall

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think it's an interesting thought to have Master Xehanort silent, although I'm not sure how they can pull it off. I imagine that Master Xehanort would be doing a lot of talking, and would be the last one left as I can also see him sending everyone else to fight until they get to him.

As much as I'd like to respect Nimoy and the Japanese voice actor, I don't think that their deaths should affect the way that their character was planned to be used in the game. If they were initially going to go with Master Xehanort being silent and the others doing most of the talking, then great, but if they switched to that idea because of their deaths, I don't know how I'd feel.

It may sound bad to put it this way, but it was their voices in the games and not their bodies. It's not like TV where if a death occurred, the character would probably not be replaced by a new actor.

What I'm on the fence for is whether I want someone to try and sound like Nimoy's portrayal of Master Xehanort or if they should let the new voice actor bring their own version of Master Xehanort. The latter I think would be much easier to incorporate into the game's story compared to having Master Xehanort silent for a majority of the game, as it can just be said that with Master Xehanort's new power he's become "different" or something.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
^ Because the original one, Leonard Nimoy, died. We kinda need ​a replacement. Weirdly, the Japanese VA died not long before, too.

tbh I don't see why getting a replacement is that big of a problem. Yeah, the new one won't sound exactly the same as the old voice, but Ansem SoD's VA has changed over the course of this series and it hasn't made or broken much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back