• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's new Voice Actor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
^ Because the original one, Leonard Nimoy, died. We kinda need ​a replacement. Weirdly, the Japanese VA died not long before, too.

tbh I don't see why getting a replacement is that big of a problem. Yeah, the new one won't sound exactly the same as the old voice, but Ansem SoD's VA has changed over the course of this series and it hasn't made or broken much of anything.

I actually really miss Billy Zane, but anyway...

I don't see the big deal in replacing Nimoy. I think it just stems from a respect stand point, since if he didn't die he most likely was going to voice the character. I guess it's now about doing the role and Nimoy justice, rather than just the role.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I actually really miss Billy Zane, but anyway...

I don't see the big deal in replacing Nimoy. I think it just stems from a respect stand point, since if he didn't die he most likely was going to voice the character. I guess it's now about doing the role and Nimoy justice, rather than just the role.

I did too but then bbs happened and my troubles were gone.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
About if the new VA should sound original or try to copy the old Xehanort I just want to add that Corey Burton did an amazing job copying Christopher Lee's voice with Ansem the Wise, if they can pull something like that of again I couldn't be happier, I really don't want that big a change in this last installment.
As for Ansem (SoD) he sounded really good in 3D and I could be mistaken but I don't think he was to far away from the original or I've just gotten used to it by now. His KH II flash back voice was fucking disgusting though lol.
MX have a very special voice and he had a big role in the last two games (maybe not extremely in 3D but still) so suddenly changing for his final game would seam very out of place to me.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Billy Zane's voice was just fucking badass-- it's not a discredit to Epcar, it's just genetics. The man was blessed with a booming voice, and he was a total ham in KH1.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Billy Zane's voice was just fucking badass-- it's not a discredit to Epcar, it's just genetics. The man was blessed with a booming voice, and he was a total ham in KH1.

In all honesty it would be nice to see him helm another nort.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Epcar is a solid choice for Sod Ansem.

[video=youtube;4Z35eU3cqek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z35eU3cqek[/video]

Awards
ANYONE but Corey Burton!!! I'm so tired of hearing the same exact voice for multiple characters (Yen Sid, Ansem, Frollo, Sark, etc.) He's good with Dale, Hook, and the other "cartoon" voices he does, but the rest are just really aggravating. Obvs it's good for Yen Sid but that's it. I'll be SUPER pissed if they give MX to him

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
ANYONE but Corey Burton!!! I'm so tired of hearing the same exact voice for multiple characters (Yen Sid, Ansem, Frollo, Sark, etc.) He's good with Dale, Hook, and the other "cartoon" voices he does, but the rest are just really aggravating. Obvs it's good for Yen Sid but that's it. I'll be SUPER pissed if they give MX to him

I thought he was a good Hugo Strange. Like, McChill dude

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Epcar nailed his performance.
I didn't know Ansem SOD was even in BbS?

That I don't like Epcar goes without saying, but ofc it's not his fault he was cast. He does the best he could, just never fit the character, imo. At least (I hope) KH3 will be the last we hear of him as Ansem.

I have no idea who they could get for Old Xehanort. Hopefully not Burton. He did alright with Ansem the Wise, but I don't think he could do Xehanort well since his Frollo was really bad. Come to that, it's a shame Tony Jay is gone, too, he'd have been a pretty good replacement.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have no idea who they could get for Old Xehanort. Hopefully not Burton. He did alright with Ansem the Wise, but I don't think he could do Xehanort well since his Frollo was really bad. Come to that, it's a shame Tony Jay is gone, too, he'd have been a pretty good replacement.

I found the main problem with Burton to be that he already voices so many characters that they start to sound alike.
He does Ansem the Wise, Yen Sid and Frollo and you can hear it as some words he pronounces in the exact same way for all three roles.

---

As for the "Zane"-issue that is so old news by now and I have never and probably will never get what the fuss is all about for just a few lines this guy did once in the whole series while Epcar is in for the whole ride by now and clearly not a bad voice actor.
The very first KH back in the early 2000s also had German voices so I do not even have any "nostalgia" about anything regarding this Zane-guy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I didn't know Ansem SOD was even in BbS?
He wasn't. Epcar did Terranort's voice, but he also did that "darkness is the heart's true essence" monologue that Ansem SoD is famous for.

I'm with Sephiroth0812 on that issue- I have absolutely no nostalgia about the old VA, and while he gave a great performance for KH1, he doesn't seem much hammier than the voice they're using now.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I also never got the hype about Zane. I personally think the new actor is way better, but that's just my opinion.
So, I am with Osprey and Sephiroth on this whole thingy about Zane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back