• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More PS4 Remasters on the horizon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well, the problem with downloads in general is that they can be transferred to 1 other system with the same account.

But if we could share games, that would be a problem for the sellers.
I'd like to see a remaster of Final Fantasy IX, myself~

nxtgarnett5

Makes me just wish the PS4 was Backwards-compatible with PS3 games, I'd buy a ps4 in an instant if it was. I'm not that interested in these western sony games so pretty much everything I wanna play is going to stay on the PS3

Well I mean, if you wait about two years when the next version of the PS4 comes out, I'm sure that one will be backwards compatible, you know, just to make it a money grab. Everyone knows they could have made the original that way, but sony likes money. At least by that time KH3 should be out (knocking on wood furiously) and FFXV will be out....hahha okay can't say that with a straight face

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, the VA's were secondary to the gameplay. I think the games would benefit from a new voice cast in a remaster! ^_^

Well, I was just saying if the studios just wanted to do a HD remaster without the inclusion of any new things, but yeah I agree. If there were new VAs added to the cast of these games, they would benefit a hell of a lot.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Well, I was just saying if the studios just wanted to do a HD remaster without the inclusion of any new things, but yeah I agree. If there were new VAs added to the cast of these games, they would benefit a hell of a lot.
Hopefully the dragons would be more useful in a remaster, too. Like, maybe tweak what some of them say?
None of this "Thank you for releasing me!" nonsense! XD

nxtgarnett5

True as that may be, Skylanders is the new face of Spyro, now...

Another remaster I wanna see: MEGA MAN LEGENDS!!!

I think you meant Skylanders is the new face of Spyro, For now...until spyro comes back in a brank new playstation 4 title in all his dragony glory!!!

And as long as I can get any Mega Man remasterd, or a new next gen game. I'll be happy

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I think you meant Skylanders is the new face of Spyro, For now...until spyro comes back in a brank new playstation 4 title in all his dragony glory!!!

And as long as I can get any Mega Man remasterd, or a new next gen game. I'll be happy
That is some wishful thinking there, man.

But...how about they remaster...I dunno. Chrono Trigger?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Well, wasn't Chrono Trigger already remade/remastered for the Nintendo DS a couple of years ago?

Kind of... It was more of a port than anything.

@Chibi: I could totally get behind a Mega Man Legends remaster. That is a series just oozing with untapped potential.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

@Chibi: I could totally get behind a Mega Man Legends remaster. That is a series just oozing with untapped potential.

Oh, well I didn't know that. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind a Chrono Trigger remaster. That game was totally boss at the time it released and no doubt a remaster would be just as boss. :D

Also, I am pro-remaster for Mega Man Legends. :D

nxtgarnett5

Yeah a port is not in the same category as a remaster, a Chrono Trigger remaster could possibly make the gaming world explode though.
But yes, so much potential just waiting to be unleashed

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Yeah a port is not in the same category as a remaster, a Chrono Trigger remaster could possibly make the gaming world explode though.
But yes, so much potential just waiting to be unleashed
Chrono Trigger is the Hulk of HD remasters.
They could keep the sprites, too! Just spruce up the color and sharpen the focus on everything. I'd be so happy~

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh, well I didn't know that. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind a Chrono Trigger remaster. That game was totally boss at the time it released and no doubt a remaster would be just as boss. :D

Also, I am pro-remaster for Mega Man Legends. :D

Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game that will definitely always hold a special place in my heart. Did you know there was a very promising fanmade remake in the works for this game? It got scrapped as it neared completion because Square-Enix was like "A fan game that has way more effort put into it than we've been giving these past few years, aww hell no!" -Exact Quote from a Square Executive (not really)

Anyway, I don't want to derail the topic too much, but the team that was working on this released a video showing off most of what they had once Square cut them off, and it really looked brilliant, you should check it out even if it's just for kicks:
(Skip ahead 5 minutes if you just want game footage, they showed off their menus and extras and everything beforehand)
[video=youtube;YELRuYNBRDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk[/video]

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game that will definitely always hold a special place in my heart. Did you know there was a very promising fanmade remake in the works for this game? It got scrapped as it neared completion because Square-Enix was like "A fan game that has way more effort put into it than we've been giving these past few years, aww hell no!" -Exact Quote from a Square Executive (not really)

Anyway, I don't want to derail the topic too much, but the team that was working on this released a video showing off most of what they had once Square cut them off, and it really looked brilliant, you should check it out even if it's just for kicks:
(Skip ahead 5 minutes if you just want game footage, they showed off their menus and extras and everything beforehand)
[video=youtube;YELRuYNBRDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk[/video]

Oh wowza! That actually looked a little better than the original. I know that's bad to say, but holy damn! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back