• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More PS4 Remasters on the horizon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nxtgarnett5

Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game that will definitely always hold a special place in my heart. Did you know there was a very promising fanmade remake in the works for this game? It got scrapped as it neared completion because Square-Enix was like "A fan game that has way more effort put into it than we've been giving these past few years, aww hell no!" -Exact Quote from a Square Executive (not really)

Anyway, I don't want to derail the topic too much, but the team that was working on this released a video showing off most of what they had once Square cut them off, and it really looked brilliant, you should check it out even if it's just for kicks:
(Skip ahead 5 minutes if you just want game footage, they showed off their menus and extras and everything beforehand)
[video=youtube;YELRuYNBRDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk[/video]

I'm actually very impressed with this hahah we need to get this fan back into the development studios!

nxtgarnett5

Max...I'd watch it, but I'm already behind T^T
I'll check it later, man, I promise!

I wanna play...I dunno. More Final Fantasy, I guess.

I honestly feel that if any of the old Final Fantasy games got remake/master, I couldn't complain too much

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh wowza! That actually looked a little better than the original. I know that's bad to say, but holy damn! :O

I know right? Now, this project was intended for fans of the original, and it wasn't going to stick completely true to the story of the first game. Basically, I believe there were supposed to be time portals here and there that led Chrono, Frog, and Magus to the different major events of the game. Still would have been very cool to see!

There's one more video if you want to see it. This one isn't as impressive considering they were showing off a (very) incomplete level, but it's still pretty neat. It's basically just a little walk through Magus's lair:
[video=youtube;Waqs0DMPQwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waqs0DMPQwM[/video]

Max...I'd watch it, but I'm already behind T^T
I'll check it later, man, I promise!

I wanna play...I dunno. More Final Fantasy, I guess.

And don't worry about it Chibi, I totally understand!

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
You know a game that I've always wanted a remaster, remake, sequel, or whatever to happen to is the PS1 game The Legend of Dragoon. It's hands down of my favorite RPG games of all time. It's in my top 3 that's for sure.

omnipresent

You know a game that I've always wanted a remaster, remake, sequel, or whatever to happen to is the PS1 game The Legend of Dragoon. It's hands down of my favorite RPG games of all time. It's in my top 3 that's for sure.
Oooh! I haven't played that game in so long. It wasn't my favorite game so it slipped to the back of my mind. But I agree it really was a fun/interesting game and I really enjoyed it. Yea I would support an HD remaster of it. It would be pretty neat!

Sdog

Awards

Been awhile since ive heard of that one, never got around to playin it though. What does it handle like?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Been awhile since ive heard of that one, never got around to playin it though. What does it handle like?

It's a pretty interesting system. You can choose from different combos (called additions in the game) to use for each character and during battle you have to time the attack as it connects to continue the combo. Some combos are pretty difficult to pull off but it feels good when you do. Then the characters can transform into the titular dragoons and use magic.
Here's a video of the main characters combos so you can see how it works.
LoD is actually available on PSN but I would still like a remaster or remake.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been considering replaying Legend of Dragoon recently. I know there is still a small fanbase that would love to see either a sequel or a remaster. I think a PS4 Legend of Dragoon game would be amazing though.

I still have my hard copy of the game, but it was on sale on psn for a buck the other day so I bought it again anyway haha

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I have never played Legend of Dragoon. I have heard it's pretty awesome,a nd a very underrated series. I would love to see a HD remaster of that for the PS3 or PS4.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I've been considering replaying Legend of Dragoon recently. I know there is still a small fanbase that would love to see either a sequel or a remaster. I think a PS4 Legend of Dragoon game would be amazing though.

I still have my hard copy of the game, but it was on sale on psn for a buck the other day so I bought it again anyway haha

Ah nice Max! Good to see other fans. I still have my PS1 copy as well but it was available for a buck? I've been thinking about getting it on PSN so that I can play it on the go on my PSP (yep i'm still playing on a PSP :D).

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a HD remaster collection of the GTA3 saga. Like, having GTA3, Vice City, Vice City Stories, and San Andreas in one collection. I just think that would be totally awesome.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Really? I mean, I liked Vice City, but San Andreas is definitely my favorite. It had the best features imo.

Surprising I know but i'm not too big of a GTA player. I've only actually played III, Vice City, San Andreas, and V (and the last two I've only borrowed for a short time). So I spent the most time with Vice City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back