• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New hope for BBSFM US release? PSP games getting remastered for PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So the rumors of BBSV2 being a remake for PS3, which were viciously torn apart on this forum, may be TRUE.

Stick a fork in me- Im done.

Um, why would that make it a remake for the PS3? You don't call remakes "volume 2" You call them special editions or something. And that doesn't change the fact the game will probably still come out for the PSP or NGP...only means it will be playable on your PS3 if you choose to do so.

AnnaofAZ

Um, why would that make it a remake for the PS3? You don't call remakes "volume 2" You call them special editions or something. And that doesn't change the fact the game will probably still come out for the PSP or NGP...only means it will be playable on your PS3 if you choose to do so.

But sony just announced PSP titles being remastered FOR THE PS3. Not the NPG. The PS3..

d_fallen_1

Is a HD Birth by Sleep a Possibility?

A thought came about in the forum about the great fortune if Birth by Sleep was a release as a download for the PS3 Network. The game would be playable on the system with improved graphics for HD televisions. The idea was a stretch considering Square Enix's plummeting status and the focus on mobile gaming and big titles like FFVS13 and FF13-2. But an announcement by Sony may put a HD BBS remake into possible realms.
Sony announce PSP Remastered Series which remakes PSP titles into PS3 playable content. A video presentation of Monster Hunter 3 gave a perfect example of heighten quality, practically imitating the PS2 system, maybe slightly better. With more games attending to this list Square Enix should also take advantage with their titles, more specifically Birth by Sleep.
What is to gain? Birth by Sleep is a extraordinary title and in my opinion second best behind the original Kingdom Hearts. But being on the PSP disallowed a lot of people to play it due to the PSP's lack of content and a lot (including myself) won't spend the money just to play one game. If BBS were on the PS2, it would be a powerhouse with sales...but the PS2 is dead. Repackaging BBS for PS3 (And maybe add the content from Final Mix) will expand the audience and garner sales that may trickle a little light back to the trouble company. The majority of people who owned a PS2 owns a PS3 and most of those people follow the Kingdom Hearts series. Makes sense when you think about it but everyone knows Square Enix's history of not taking the opportunities for god knows what...ALA FINAL MIX.
But I want to know how you guys think. Is this a slimmer of light for a possible HD release? Is this false hope?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Awesome, I want HD BBS in my ps3 xd. Just imagine how awesome it would be if they released a collection of BBS and kh 1 and 2, you could first complete bbs than continue that story with 1 and 2, awesome x)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hm, kinda wonder about this. Re:CoM seemed kind of like a publicity stunt to keep the fans (some fans, Europe still didn't get it and some other places too) in the series while we waited for the Days-BBS-Coded trio, and Re:Coded came over because we never got the original version to begin with. Can't say I see too much hope of us getting this.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
...I have my reservations on this. While I would embrace an HD port with open arms-this consequently impedes the development of other titles which I am utterly militant to. It would be nice to have, though I find it to be a bit extraneous.

As for the potential version being released: Final Mix is lamentably not much of an option. Furthermore, the bonus content in it is lackluster in comparion to...say... KH2 vs KH2: FM. Other than the Secret Episode, three new boss battles-there honestly is not much.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Hm, kinda wonder about this. Re:CoM seemed kind of like a publicity stunt to keep the fans (some fans, Europe still didn't get it and some other places too) in the series while we waited for the Days-BBS-Coded trio, and Re:Coded came over because we never got the original version to begin with. Can't say I see too much hope of us getting this.

Stop being so negative. Re: CoM probably didn't get released in EUR because the fan base isn't as big as it is in the US.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Stop being so negative. Re: CoM probably didn't get released in EUR because the fan base isn't as big as it is in the US.

Actually, I don't think she's that far off from it. I remember hearing that Re:CoM was released in NA primarily to promote the series shortly before Days was released.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Meh i wouldn't buy it again just because it got remastered. They wouldn't change the story or scenes that much so what would be the point? However multiplayer gaming would be easier. Maybe if they kept the old cut out scenes back in the day when the BBS was going to be for the PS2 I believe (Ven in OC talking to MX, Terra and Ven in the Great Maw, that alternate scene when Terra yells at MX about what he did with Ven's heart, etc. etc.) maybe I'd think about buying it

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I thought the KH Anniversary was supposed to be this year, unless I'm mistaken that it came out in 2002.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
everybody who has played KH games a cares enough though about a BBS remake! i hope we get something out of this year's E3

sdr08

Maybe we will get BBSV2 for the ps3 as well a kingdom hearts collection of BBS, KH1, COM, KH2...that's the best way to celebrate

UltimaJackpot

If a BBS HD remastering comes about, it's definitely just going to be a straight port of the US/EU version. I don't see any additions happening seeing as how both KH dev teams are busy working on other things. Most (or all) of these ports are probably going to be outsourced, so I'd wager that it'll be just a quick 'n dirty upscaling job.

I'd still buy the hell out of BBS HD, though.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I think it's too big a risk for Square Enix overall. Not a whole lot of people want to play a game they've already beaten, which is mostly plot driven, as opposed to a fighter like Duodecim that isn't very much plot driven and rides on the gameplay overall. Maybe if it was packaged with KH 1 and 2 it'd draw more an audience, but this definitely doesn't look like it would sell fantastic on it's own, and Square isn't exactly in a great financial situation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back