• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

Nomura's just one scapegoat that's easy to blame :3~

It's true, though. Just a source of frustration that you can put a face on in order to make it easier to vent.
I mean, if we want to play it safe, bitch at Square Enix in general.

But no matter who's to blame, I think most would agree that someone who should be listening to fans is not. Or they at least have very selective hearing.
It does get pretty disheartening knowing that over four years after KH2 has been released, KH3 hasn't even started development.

I know people use the argument, "Well, we have all of these side games to tide us over, be glad." Should I? I wonder that, had Nomura created none of these side games and devoted that effort instead to developing KH3, would I be any more content with the series knowing that I'm that much closer to playing KH3, as opposed to being irritated by filler like Days and coded? I think I would, to be honest. Imagine! Days, nonexistent, coded, never happened. And KH3 on its way!

You know what, though, I don't blame him. As he said, the only game he intended on making was BbS, and Nintendo/Disney approached him and asked him to make Days/coded, respectively.
So I blame the corporate greed that wanted to milk the series with more concern about making a quick buck.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Except one of the biggest and most doable requests from fans was to have Coded come stateside in a more accessible form. This entire thing is so silly. People got exactly what they asked for.

I'm just making assumptions/predictions that may very well be wrong, but I'd bet money that at some point Nomura would use this title or some Final Mix handheld title as an "excuse" as to why he hasn't gotten on to other KH games.

Uhh, the excuse has been and will remain Versus XIII.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Deep jungle was supposed to be in Birth By Sleep. In fact one hacker was able to find to remnants of the world. It's not complete however. Perhaps it will be available in the US version??

That wasn't Deep Jungle, that was The Jungle Book.

Awards

Except one of the biggest and most doable requests from fans was to have Coded come stateside in a more accessible form. This entire thing is so silly. People got exactly what they asked for.

I'm more talking about coded in general, not Re:coded. I mean, now that it's been made, it makes sense to have it ported for accessibility to an English audience. Truth be told, though, I would have rather had the effort that went into the original coded go into something else.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But would you even want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be made by the Coded team?

Also, this is the best exchange I've seen on the internet about this entire fiasco.

Gameboy4115 said:
This game is apparently going to bridge the gap between KH2 and KH3 (whenever that may be), similar to how COM bridged KH and KH2.

duckroll said:
No, it's not. It bridges KH2 and BbS actually.

Strider said:
How? I thought BBS was a prequel.

PureAuthor said:
Don't ask. Just... don't ask.

duckroll said:
All roads lead to the same path. After all....

"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny."

Hilarity Ensues.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well the twitter was only revealing the E3 lineup, I don't know whether it means it will actually come out in Europe.

And there are more than one game-making teams within SE, and they can work on two games at once, like with Days and BBS.

Awards

But would you even want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be made by the Coded team?

No, though there are certainly people on the team whose efforts I would like to contribute to KH3. Like... Nomura, for instance (actually, you know what, I'm not even sure on that one).

In other words, even if we could only squeeze out a small portion of the effort that went into coded/Days and placed it into the development of KH3, I would still prefer that.

Hilarity Ensues.
[/I]
Love it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I hope there's going to be orchestral music on Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. Examples: Sigma Harmonics, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, etc. And yes. Finally some more light for the DS since PSP owners will be getting Birth by Sleep soon.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In other words, even if we could only squeeze out a small portion of the effort that went into coded/Days and placed it into the development of KH3, I would still prefer that.

Effort? In Days? Surely you jest.

Seriously though, when Nomura does KH3, I want him to be concentrating on it. I want it to be his baby. Right now he's spread over so many projects I wouldn't trust that he'd put the love and care into it that I'm hoping for.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

How many games do we have to get out of the way before Square-Enix finally decides to take a stab at a mainline console Kingdom Hearts game?
I'd say Final Fantasy Versus XIII, 3rd Birthday, Re:Coded, secret-portable-KH-game, Final Fantasy XIV, and maybe a Dissidia 2 or TWEWY 2.

Maybe after a decade or so, they might get around to KH3 on the PS4.

This E3 basically confirmed my suspicions that we might not see KH this gen at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Please no TWEWY 2. I love the game as it is. It doesn't need anything more. I don't care about the Angels, if Neku will ever decide to be Joshua's Conductor/some high rank that allows Joshua to use Neku yet again/main squeeze in Pork City/main squeeze in RG or UG, or anything. The game ended on a good note.

They need to finish Versus and Nomura needs to work on KH3 ONLY. No other games. Throw other projects at the other teams at SE.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

well that's good for all of you who own a ds but what about us? oh right Nomura doesn't care. i just hope the second secret kh game is for the psp. two for ds two for psp. and finally one for ps3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Guess I'm borrowing my friends DS again.

Oh well, as long as the awesome-ness of Recoded comes out I am pleased. Heck, I am enjoying whatever games we get though I've still got to try and play CoM/Re:CoM

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I guess I'm alone on wanting TWEWY 2 D: not as a sequel, hardly, but to utilize the same world system. They have lots of potential there they can explore without really making it related all that much to the game we have now.

:v *wants a release date for Re:Coded* but I guess that'll come from E3. hopefully.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

:v *wants a release date for Re:Coded* but I guess that'll come from E3. hopefully.

Would we get a trailer from E3? It could have a date at the end of it *crosses fingers*

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If this aint comming to PSP as well then I'm buying a DS, it's worth it now. I guess I might as well buy the 3DS

silentmusic16

I guess I'm alone on wanting TWEWY 2 D: not as a sequel, hardly, but to utilize the same world system. They have lots of potential there they can explore without really making it related all that much to the game we have now.

eh...i'd really like a twewy 2 as well because of how great the world was in that game and how all of the mechanics in it actually worked, but they should maybe have neku only make a cameo, or be an extra boss or something. i'd rather square doesn't ruin my twewy memories.
If this aint comming to PSP as well then I'm buying a DS, it's worth it now. I guess I might as well buy the 3DS

.....the 3ds isn't even out yet and we don't have a date for it yet. hell, it may not be out till next year. just buy a ds lite and enjoy some really good games

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

When the Electronic Entertainment Expo kicks off in Los Angeles next week, Square Enix will be showing off two new portable installments in a pair of its familiar franchises. The publisher today revealed its lineup of games for the show, in the process announcing Kingdom Hearts Re:coded for the DS and a domestic release for the Parasite Eve PSP spin-off The 3rd Birthday.
Ok, I guess it's only to ds (GameSpot - E3 2010 Latest Highlights at GameSpot)

the 3ds isn't even out yet and we don't have a date for it yet. hell, it may not be out till next year. just buy a ds lite and enjoy some really good games
I'm kinda cheap if I would happen to be in need of both but it all depends on the release and price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back