• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

re:Coded Fails Sales Wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless Prince

Website
shinzart.com
Re: Coded Fails Sales Wise

Er... Coded takes place after the end of KH2, it's what ties BBS and Days into the present plot, thus making them relevant, and it's the beginning of the bridge leading into KH3.

BBS and Days don't need coded to be 'tied into the present plot'. I haven't played coded and I can see exactly where days and bbs tie into the story and their relevance. And if it's at the end of KH2 then does that mean
Spoiler Spoiler Show
If indeed Coded is to reveal plot points that should be considered or have some relevance to KH3 then I could see myself purchasing it. I don't really understand how
Spoiler Spoiler Show

~J

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

BBS and Days don't need coded to be 'tied into the present plot'.
Yes it does, otherwise, they don't matter to the present story.

And if it's at the end of KH2 then does that mean
Spoiler Spoiler Show
No, the contents of the letter are revealed in the final scene of Coded

If indeed Coded is to reveal plot points that should be considered or have some relevance to KH3 then I could see myself purchasing it.
It is.

I don't really understand how
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Then I guess you should play the game and find out, hm?

tri-blade

I was not suprised about this. I mean COME ON! It's based off of a cell phone game. Cell phone games are usually not very fun. Also Coded kinda already spoiled the story too. It is not going to go out well in the U.S, believe me
(facepalms)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

That is irrational. It is easily going to outsell in america. NA fans haven't seen re:coded nor have they played it. So it'll sell well outside of Japan, plus you have to consider Japans population.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lol, Re:coded will do better in NA and PAL regions just for the fact we never got coded. Japan got coded so there wasn't much incentive to get Re:coded. It was different with Re:CoM because Re:CoM was packaged with KH2FM, so they payed the price of one game for two. Re:coded was sold at full retail price (depending on where you ordered it) when it should have went for a lower price because of the fact most of Japan had the game on their lovely DoCoMo phone.

And it did pretty well, considering the #1 game was Pokemon B&W. Japan EATS, BREATHES, $#*!s Pokemon so I'm pretty sure everybody spent their money on getting both copies.

Seriously? I can't believe Final Fantasy XIV got released before Final Fantasy versus XIII.

FFXIV had been in development for awhile. SE had planned it out and made the game while work was being done on FFXIII. It was already planned that FFXIV would come out before Versus for the fact it was a MMO and they needed to get a new MMO out since FFXI is over five years old.

Also, Nomura and the KH team are taking their sweet time with Versus and they only went into 3rd gear early this year when then got over that stupid standstill they were at.

Ralz

I blame that Japan already got Coded once, so its only natural it won't do very well, initially. It'll sell much better here, since its our first official time playing it.

I'm sure it would do well overseas though that all depends on the whole one game per thing goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back