• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Mickey have his own entry in the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: sould mickey get his own kh game

kind of hard to see him as the main character though....well for me it is. i'm so use to riginal ones affecting disney ones, not disney affecting disney
I agree that it's difficult to see it happening and it's kind of out of place considering original KH characters are all we play as. I think it would be a neat side game though, but only as a side game. I'd take a game showing cutscenes of what he's been doing or just explaining it though.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

If they can give it enough significance and content to not make it a filler game of little real value, I say they can do with it what they want. On the whole, however, I don't like the idea of a Mickey game. Not sure why, maybe its his combat style, so 'fast' yet he just spends lots of time zipping around dealing hardly any damage.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

A complete game for the "Yoda"-Mouse would maybe really a bit too much...but how about having some sequences inside a game plot where you control a different party that involves Mickey.
We already have a lot of playable characters so would it be that wrong to have two parties working toward the same end goal but on different paths?

I.e. in KHIII let's assume we get to rescue Aqua very early in the game, then we'll have six playable characters
- Sora
- Donald
- Goofy
- Riku
- Mickey
- Aqua

Out of these we could make two parties of three people each. One of the parties might work on the rescue operations for the other "crippled ones" while the other team watches over the worlds and holds Xehanort and cohorts at bay until the time for the final battle is near.

How the teams should be splitted up I dunno, would Aqua, Mickey and Riku make a good battle party?
As for the option to let the player decide who is in which party that might be impossible regarding cutscenes and storyline demands...

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Mickey is badass and all but I don't want a game where we'd play solely as him. maybe a game that has him play a major part but no actual game. And KH3 doesn't exist...and will never.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

A complete game for the "Yoda"-Mouse would maybe really a bit too much...but how about having some sequences inside a game plot where you control a different party that involves Mickey.
We already have a lot of playable characters so would it be that wrong to have two parties working toward the same end goal but on different paths?

I.e. in KHIII let's assume we get to rescue Aqua very early in the game, then we'll have six playable characters
- Sora
- Donald
- Goofy
- Riku
- Mickey
- Aqua

Out of these we could make two parties of three people each. One of the parties might work on the rescue operations for the other "crippled ones" while the other team watches over the worlds and holds Xehanort and cohorts at bay until the time for the final battle is near.

How the teams should be splitted up I dunno, would Aqua, Mickey and Riku make a good battle party?
As for the option to let the player decide who is in which party that might be impossible regarding cutscenes and storyline demands...

Actually I think Keybladers could go together
Sora, Riku, and Aqua, then Mickey, Donald and Goofy...

Because gameplay wise, it could work... Mickey and Sora are quite alike in traits (Power of light etc...) as are Goofy and Riku (Powerhouses), And Aqua and Donald (Magicians).
As for assignment wise... Disney crew to support the worlds, Keyblade crew to defend overall worlds

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Actually I think Keybladers could go together
Sora, Riku, and Aqua, then Mickey, Donald and Goofy...

Because gameplay wise, it could work... Mickey and Sora are quite alike in traits (Power of light etc...) as are Goofy and Riku (Powerhouses), And Aqua and Donald (Magicians).
As for assignment wise... Disney crew to support the worlds, Keyblade crew to defend overall worlds

Ok, that sounds plausible to me, so when you control the second team you'll be directing Mickey and can play Yoda on steroids...;)

For assignment...err, if you assign the teams as such who's gonna rescue the rest of our beloved bunch of crippled??
There are still Naminé, Xion (lady's first :lol), Roxas, Terra and Ven who need to be saved...however as far as the connections are concerned it would be logical if the first team (Sora, Riku, Aqua) would tackle these tasks.

...and while all this is unfolding they should take Kairi and place her in Yen Sids care so that she doesn't get kidnapped again and maybe learns some cool moves so that she can kick her next wanna-be-kidnapper in the butt herself instead of relying on Sora and Riku again.

Soraroxasventus

closest i think your gunna got is epic mickey, its definatley not kingdom hearts but you play as mickey and in one of the gameplays i saw i saw him fighting a robot captain hook, its also pretty dark for a disney game

~JD~

closest i think your gunna got is epic mickey, its definatley not kingdom hearts but you play as mickey and in one of the gameplays i saw i saw him fighting a robot captain hook, its also pretty dark for a disney game
Its disneys version of a "Gritty", but its still not very dark.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Why does everyone think everything needs to be gritty these days? What happened to good old fashioned lighthearted fun?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

It occurs to me that 3D could very well be the game to tell of his RoD trip. Rescuing Aqua could be a major part of the game so Mickey may tell Sora & Riku about it.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

Yeah, or it could be a way of expressing how Mickey and Riku got out of the Realm of Darkness.

Dagey

I think it would be pretty Epic. They could use game mechanics from Epic Mickey since that's Disney.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

I'd go for one if it explained about the events in the gap between KH1 and BBS a little better. Of course, that's just my opinion.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

It occurs to me that 3D could very well be the game to tell of his RoD trip. Rescuing Aqua could be a major part of the game so Mickey may tell Sora & Riku about it.
That wouldn't make any sense.

Unversed Angel

No because he is a Disney character and not an original KH game character. Although he should get a gameplay mode where you get to play him for more than 5 minutes.

loke13

No because he is a Disney character and not an original KH game character. Although he should get a gameplay mode where you get to play him for more than 5 minutes.
Why would that matter? He's a keyblade wielder who's been in every game. Not to mention has his own mystery surrounding him.

Shadow Key

Two words: Epic Mickey. He's got his own game, and I don't think I could survive hearing him go through his feel good stage like in BbS, where he was completely ignorant. I just don't like ignorant characters. Such as Leia and Luke from Star Wars...:

motivational-poster-ignorance-best-small.jpg

loke13

Two words: Epic Mickey. He's got his own game, and I don't think I could survive hearing him go through his feel good stage like in BbS, where he was completely ignorant. I just don't like ignorant characters. Such as Leia and Luke from Star Wars...:
Two words: Kingdom Hearts.

Unversed Angel

It just doesn't sound right with Square Enix making a game mainly based on a disney character instead of one of their own characters. The main point is that Mickey Mouse is not a keyblade wielder in the true Disney versions of him so therefore its just not clicking in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back