• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Mickey have his own entry in the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Key

Re: sould mickey get his own kh game

Two words: Kingdom Hearts.

Thank you, I had no idea what we were talking about, and it's not like I was making a point or anything like HE'S ALREADY GETTING HIS OWN GAME WHY MAKE ANOTHER ONE?!

Read the entire post next time before reading the first four words.

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

So just because someone has a game about them, they should never have another game made about them? That logic fails.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

It just doesn't sound right with Square Enix making a game mainly based on a disney character instead of one of their own characters. The main point is that Mickey Mouse is not a keyblade wielder in the true Disney versions of him so therefore its just not clicking in my mind.
A lot of people primarily look at KH as a Disney game developed by Square, not a Square game that happens to have Disney (which frankly it became after the 1st game). So for them playing as Mickey isn't something they'll bat an eye at.

However I can't shake the feeling Nomura will cop out & wedge in an original character for Mickey's story instead.

Shadow Key

So just because someone has a game about them, they should never have another game made about them? That logic fails.

Fine, here's something more "reasonable." I honestly don't think that a game revolving around Mickey would be a very fun game in the KH saga. Sure, he has a lot of different mysteries surrounding him, but none that need to be explored IMO. Plus it would be probably pointless to the story in the rest of the series. Overall it would just be a filler for KH3 and a way for Square and Disney to make money. Like some other games. *cough*days*cough*

Katurian

I just can't imagine playing as mickey. Not that i don't like him or anything but it'd be breaching a wall for me. Like we never really get to play as donald and goofy, ya know? Mickey's mickey. He's that little mouse king who follows to the beat of his own drum and helps out when we need him. I feel like playing as him may diminish some of his awesomeness to me... because when you play as a protagonist in a game, you learn their strengths and weaknesses and watch them develope as a character. I just feel like Mickey is pretty much developed at this point and him being the protragonist wouldn't be all that exciting? I dunno, just my opinion.

Shadow Key

I trust Nomura and his team of writers.

"WHO ELSE WILL I EAT ICE CREAM WITH?!"
"Why do you give me that look like I just drowned your goldfish?"

Two of the many great lines from Days. /sarcasm

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

"WHO ELSE WILL I EAT ICE CREAM WITH?!"
"Why do you give me that look like I just drowned your goldfish?"

Two of the many great lines from Days. /sarcasm
I actually like the second line very much. It's very Xigbar. But why you cited lines from the worst KH game in history I will never know.

Neri2Zexy

They could do it, but I'm not sure how many people would be it. To me it just seems like KH is becoming less about the Disney and more about the people swinging their keys and wearing black coats. :/

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

kh is turning into its own thing the final fantasy portion and disey was just to get it started and mickey has had plenty of title games to himself hes got another comin up see[video=youtube;CbBSVu71hdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbBSVu71hdI[/video] if anyone deserves a game its riku

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

They could do it, but I'm not sure how many people would be it. To me it just seems like KH is becoming less about the Disney and more about the people swinging their keys and wearing black coats. :/
Actually I don't see such a problem with it, the original characters and original stories are getting more focus because the KH series develops and becomes it's own franchise, not staying a crossover of endlessly repeating Disney stories with some FF cameos thrown in.
Actually I think the FF cameos were just for luring some FF fans to play KH too, and personally I would enjoy if they were involved more in the actual story with the original characters.
(Sephiroth getting in an alliance with Master Xehanort anyone? Ultimecia showing up?)
I actually wouldn't mind if more Disney characters become closer involved with the original storylines, not just Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Maleficent and Pete.

jdgjordan

kh is turning into its own thing the final fantasy portion and disey was just to get it started and mickey has had plenty of title games to himself hes got another comin up see[video=youtube;CbBSVu71hdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbBSVu71hdI[/video] if anyone deserves a game its riku

Wow i did not even know about this game this has got to be the biggest kh rip off ever i mean you cant tell me thows enemys looked like cartoon versions of heartless they even died like shadow heartless do. Anyway back on trak kh1 was better in terms of story to kh2 why because it was more disney we all thought at first malficent was the main mad guy so a mickey game would be going back to its roots.

Shadow Key

I actually like the second line very much. It's very Xigbar. But why you cited lines from the worst KH game in history I will never know.

Just to show you how the trustful "Nomura and his team of writers" can so easily just screw up... and since was being an idiot being Xigbar? Newsflash: You can't drown goldfish.

jdgjordan

Just to show you how the trustful "Nomura and his team of writers" can so easily just screw up... and since was being an idiot being Xigbar? Newsflash: You can't drown goldfish.

I think every one knows this they put that line in to be funny and serieis at the same time its what xigbars charater does it was not a fact it was a joke a very funny joke at that so i think the writers are great its you who cant tell fact form fic

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Fish still need oxygen, which is in water. If you put a fish in an oxygen devoid liquid then it would drown.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Mickey has Epic Mickey which looks extremely promising, he doesn't need his own KH storyline too, but I have no doubt SE will do that or try to do that eventually.

Shadow Key

I think every one knows this they put that line in to be funny and serieis at the same time its what xigbars charater does it was not a fact it was a joke a very funny joke at that so i think the writers are great its you who cant tell fact form fic

Haha, right, everyone knows that the very line was put in there for humor. Wait? What's that? NO. Tons of people hate that line and don't think it was in there for humor. If it was it'd be the stupidest humor I've heard in a LONG TIME. Serious, maybe? No, that line simply can't be taken seriously.

Next you're going to tell me the ice cream line was in there for humor, too.

Also, get Google Chrome, it has spell check for all of those mistakes in that paragraph.

MATGSY said:
Fish still need oxygen, which is in water. If you put a fish in an oxygen devoid liquid then it would drown.

Why do people try to use logic in KH, again?

drown (droun)
v. drowned, drown·ing, drowns
v.tr.
1. To kill by submerging and suffocating in water or another liquid.
2. To drench thoroughly or cover with or as if with a liquid.
3. To deaden one's awareness of; blot out: people who drowned their troubles in drink.
4. To muffle or mask (a sound) by a louder sound: screams that were drowned out by the passing train.
v.intr.
To die by suffocating in water or another liquid

Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drown

Nothin' bout air in there.

Last edited:

Neri2Zexy

Actually I don't see such a problem with it, the original characters and original stories are getting more focus because the KH series develops and becomes it's own franchise, not staying a crossover of endlessly repeating Disney stories with some FF cameos thrown in.
Actually I think the FF cameos were just for luring some FF fans to play KH too, and personally I would enjoy if they were involved more in the actual story with the original characters.
(Sephiroth getting in an alliance with Master Xehanort anyone? Ultimecia showing up?)
I actually wouldn't mind if more Disney characters become closer involved with the original storylines, not just Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Maleficent and Pete.

Actually, that sounds reasonable...honestly, I've been wondering when they're going to throw in Vincent Valentine...heck maybe even FFXIII people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back