• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I Realized about Terrorism against the US

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camilo101

When I think about it, does Al-Qaeda really expect to ultimately stand victorious against the US? Or are they simply just trying to damage or hurt us as much as they can, and don't think they can ever beat the US? Because when I think hard about it, at the very worst, they can acquire a nuclear bomb and try to send it at America. And even supposing it actually hits us, that would only be a small area compared to our country as a whole. So they would have a small victory, but then we could retaliate with all the other nuclear bombs in our own arsenal, so when it comes down to it, what is the point in even trying to terrorize the U.S.? What can they hope to gain out of it?

Sorry if this doesn't seem thought out...it just occurred to me that unless they had multiple countries against the U.S., a terrorist organization couldn't really harm us that bad. Even 9/11 was more of a wake-up call than anything, and now that we've powered up our defense I don't see what we have to fear from them now.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
They're trying to convert everyone to Islam. A perfect example of this is the Islam4UK march through Wooten Basset in England. Wooten Basset is the town through which British soldiers who've died in Afghanistan/Iraq, etc., are carried through by hearses. They obviously can't do it by persuasion so they have to do it by fear, though it's kind of ironic since everyone thinks terrorists are now assholes. As for sending nuclear bombs: one bomb could and probably would affect a massive area, leaving radioactivity around for years to come and make places uninhabitable. It effectively injures and wounds a country and makes it vulnerable; and then terrorists have an easier time striking again if they don't care about dying which most of them don't.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Like what Sol said about the effects of the nuclear bomb, them firing off one would cause more damage than one would first think. Especially when you think about them suceeding. There are others who dislike America and would seize an opprotunity like this to cause additional damage. Then BOOM we have a nuclear war.

very differentiable
Awards
Would america really be that stupid? Using nuclear weapons completely throws of the political balance. Sure they'd bomb the hell out of the middle east as retribution, but no atom-bombs. Besides, it's much easier and inconspicious to launch a cyber attack. That way they could really disrupt the daily life of many.

Camilo101

▽;4793884 said:
Would america really be that stupid? Using nuclear weapons completely throws of the political balance. Sure they'd bomb the hell out of the middle east as retribution, but no atom-bombs. Besides, it's much easier and inconspicious to launch a cyber attack. That way they could really disrupt the daily life of many.

Yeah that makes sense, I think I've heard of the Russians doing that before to large companies.

For the other guys, I never underestimated the effects of a nuclear bomb, I'm simply saying one bomb couldn't completely take us down. And I thought there was some policy that if we get nuked, we automatically nuke right back...that's the mutually assured destruction, right? I guess that wouldn't mean much to them if they follow Jihad, but as for North Korea or anyone else, I don't think they would seize the opportunity. We can definitely detect when they launch missiles, so even if they tried to go for it we would just launch back.

It sounds pretty stupid and brutish, but somehow I think the government would do it anyways...

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
I highly doubt that the Taliban would do it even if this is a Jihad for them. They get one nuke we have idk 100?
anyway the Taliban is losing support due to how Obama tried to make peace with political leaders.(if you hate Obama and his admin dont talk about it here) Also is the fact that something like 90% of Muslims do not endorse the Taliban, so I doubt that the Taliban would even try to get a Nuke.
As for NK if they do anything we will strike back, that was a threat we made, and since then they haven't done anything.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Ironically, American defence systems have been hacked by people before. Since a good hacker can also create a good firewall, I find it a bit doubtful that America can effectively wage cyber combat unless there is actual threat to America itself to recruit good hackers from their country (who likely aren't going to volunteer otherwise).

The scary part of the Taliban is, they really don't give a fuck whether they die or not. It's like the Christian/Catholic belief of heaven, except they really want to go into their 'paradise' so much that they don't really mind dying. And even if you blast them with 500 nukes, it doesn't change the fact that somewhere in America, you people have already been nuked. It was the same sort of mentality during the Cold War of mutually assured destruction, except the Taliban won't really hesitate as much as the Russians.

North Korea are pretty much in dire straits now, so I doubt they'll do anything big, considering they even need to rely on the UN to feed their people.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
They basically want their countries back in the ways of conservative Islam(like the Middle east in the 10's though 40's ),and just don't want any western customs nor traditions in their nations. Thats it,and they'll use any means necessary to do it. Suicide bombs you name it, but in the process there killing innocent people who have nothing to do with them. But oddly the natives there are starting to go to there side of view, at first they wanted them gone and the US in. Many feel the Taliban and Al-Qaeda give them stable law and order and that's why many natives there want them there.

Blame Reagan for helping the Afghan Rebels (AKA Tabilan and Al-Qaeda) in the 80's. If he left them off, the Soviets would of wiped them out,and this shit were in maybe would have never happened. Jehad? Well imo it's more like a war them vs western society.

As for them bombing us? most likely won't happen, but if they get control of the Pakistani government might be a stalemate.

Victorious against the US? Only the future tells

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
One word.
Jihad.
Look it up and it'll make sense.

Jihad isn't generally understood by muslims to mean a literal, physical war against someone else. They say the greatest jihad of all takes place within oneself. Every group has its extremists, you know.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I highly doubt that the Taliban would do it even if this is a Jihad for them. They get one nuke we have idk 100?
anyway the Taliban is losing support due to how Obama tried to make peace with political leaders.(if you hate Obama and his admin dont talk about it here) Also is the fact that something like 90% of Muslims do not endorse the Taliban, so I doubt that the Taliban would even try to get a Nuke.
As for NK if they do anything we will strike back, that was a threat we made, and since then they haven't done anything.

yeah except one nuke is all it would take if its the right nuke

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
yeah except one nuke is all it would take if its the right nuke

which other type of nuke is there? One that destroys Bunny Rabbits?
lol jk anyway
I don't see how the Taliban provides stable law and order when your being shot at or blown to pieces, that doesn't seem to be a great work environment to me. I thought that the Middle East wanted us out, but after a while wanted our help?
maybe I'm wrong but I'm preety sure that most people dislike the Taliban and their actions

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
which other type of nuke is there? One that destroys Bunny Rabbits?
lol jk anyway

There's many different forms of nukes. Otherwise, how do you think USA and Russia both spend forever investing in it in the Cold War? It's now just bomb or warhead, but both are still painful.

What changes is really typically just the size of the explosion though. But there's been hardly any new nuclear advancement since the middle of the Cold War. If I remember my history textbooks correctly, one of the latest was in late 1950s, when the Russians put Lithium in their bombs? Something about refrigeration purposes. Anyway, I remember American copied and tested a larger amount of Lithium in their own bombs and somehow created a much larger explosion beyond what they imagined. That was the last recorded one, if I remember.

Blaze of Glory

Personality-wise they're no different than us they use religion to justify their actions and say it's the most important thing in life and all actions be based off it. It turns us into idiots just like it's doing to the failures in Al-Qaeda.

Camilo101

Personality-wise they're no different than us they use religion to justify their actions and say it's the most important thing in life and all actions be based off it. It turns us into idiots just like it's doing to the failures in Al-Qaeda.

Your opinion is poorly formed and lacks good reasoning. How exactly does our separate beliefs turn either of us into idiots? You just threw that out there without anything to back it up, please explain some more. Otherwise, the only idiot here seems to be yourself.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood

Erm... What? As far as I knew America has never fought due to religion. It's always due to the.
destruction of the system that our country is based upon' or something (or greed, aka Bush). America really only began fighting Al Qaeda because of 9/11 anyway.

The only time that religion had been so important was the Crusades. And even that says something. Considering the 'Thou Shall not Kill' and all.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I hope a Muslim guy kills Osama, maybe that will decrease the hate toward the sand nigga haters.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Doubtful. The moment a Muslim joins Al Qaeda, Osama will probably give him a detonation pack and send him on his way to paradise. I highly doubt Osama will let his guard down.

Maybe if a Muslim provided information leading to the capture of Osama, that would be more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back