• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora in Best 100 Video Game Heroes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorarocks93

Awards
And of course Link is always #1... Why does he win almost every single list/tournament?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
And of course Link is always #1... Why does he win almost every single list/tournament?
I know, right? Sure, I like Zelda games, but in no way is Link the best video game character. Not to mention, according to the Zelda timeline, it isn't even just one Link throughout the series. So to pick him is to technically pick a group of people, which is completely unfair. :p

Roro

Awards
Lol bonus points for big feet? Haha go Sora!~

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Aside from the usual bickering that goes on whenever a video game top 100 list comes out, even on a formatting level this is poorly set out. One entry per page? Come on.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I just flipped through it and only real gripe I had was Sly Cooper not being higher than he was, but that's just me being a little bias lol.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I remember the time where Sora was on the most annoying character list. XD At least people are warming up to him now. He should have been higher... C:

I was surprised to see Manny Calavera quite high though, I didn't know many people knew who he was.

I just flipped through it and only real gripe I had was Sly Cooper not being higher than he was, but that's just me being a little bias lol.
I agree, he was even lower than Pacman!

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Terry Bogard 86 - SMH
Ryo Hazuki 57 (Shenmue) should be higher
Sora 53 - Should be higher
Ryu Hayabusa should be higer than 26
WTF is Captin price doing @ 48
WTF is Abe from oddworld doing @ 20
Sonic @ 17... I should stop going through them now...
though i love Ezio he should be @ 7 probably top 20 though
RAZ from Psychonuats @ 13 who the fuck made this list? seriously this list deserves no credibility...

Where are
Ryu
Ken
Luigi
Guile
etc

Endless Strategy

With the list having 100 members, this isn't much of an achievement for Sora. Most characters in video games are bland and emotionless anyway; protagonists are often a blank slate to let the player put themselves in. And everyone should know by now that IGN is confused when it comes to making lists of any sort. The only thing they're good for is their gigantic review archive, which at least gives you a good idea of what each game is about.

Dr_Mario64

Sora is a great hero, but I personally prefer Ventus a little more as a protagonist for a number of reasons. For starters, his voice-acting is way better. Don't get me wrong; HJO is good, but he overacts so much that it's hard to take him seriously. Jesse McCartney always captures the mood to a T, though his lines lack the emotional elbow-grease of Quintin(spelling?) Flynn's. Also, I like Ven's personality. He's more mature and doesn't get depressed over the first spilt glass of milk. He's also less of an air-head than Sora. Ventus is always aware of what's going on around him and takes time to respect the gravity of the situation, whereas Sora take half the world to figure out that the Heartless aren't just there party.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Sora is a great hero, but I personally prefer Ventus a little more as a protagonist for a number of reasons. For starters, his voice-acting is way better. Don't get me wrong; HJO is good, but he overacts so much that it's hard to take him seriously. Jesse McCartney always captures the mood to a T, though his lines lack the emotional elbow-grease of Quintin(spelling?) Flynn's. Also, I like Ven's personality. He's more mature and doesn't get depressed over the first spilt glass of milk. He's also less of an air-head than Sora. Ventus is always aware of what's going on around him and takes time to respect the gravity of the situation, whereas Sora take half the world to figure out that the Heartless aren't just there party.

I blame Sora VA more so on KH2 writing then anything it was terrible at best. In fact it was tough to take anything anyone said in that game seriously.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
90. Frogger
28ngvk.gif

Zul

Awards
I can't remember a single topic based on one of these lists sparking any decent discussion, ever.

These lists are also all the same, shoving the nintendo/sega "classics" at the top, having a number of really great characters lost at the bottom somewhere along with really bizarre placements throughout the entire list(like frogger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back