• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I wouldn't mind Riku in the party since he's done it before but replacing both Goofy and Donald would be just awkward. Love them and hate them =P All Kairi would do is throw rocks unless she gets some power for magic but I like the rock idea. Or they just leave her at home altogether.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Donald and Goofy can stay. Wouldn't mind Riku being a world party member like he was in KH2.

As for Kairi...well that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I wouldn't mind Riku in the party since he's done it before but replacing both Goofy and Donald would be just awkward. Love them and hate them =P All Kairi would do is throw rocks unless she gets some power for magic but I like the rock idea. Or they just leave her at home altogether.

i can imagine kairi as a healer, like aerith. i want her to stay in the sidelines but still given some kind of role. not like kh2 where she was in the sideline and everything about her in the game was pointless

Muse

you look atrocious
correct me if im wrong? ..but i dont believe there is anything about weildeing the keyblade that would draw upon inner energy? ..i dont think it would have any physical or mental affects on riku to allow kairi to use the gayblade ..it all seems to tie into the heart, memories, and the keyblade itself ..

I'm sure dual-wielding would be different. You'd be calling upon two separate Keyblades and making sure both stay materialized. :/

Either way, it'd be a pain in the ass for Riku to have to dual-wield every time just so Kairi can have a means to protect herself. If it came down to that, it'd be safer just leaving her behind in Radiant Garden.

i would definitely have riku in my team as for kairi... idk unless kh3 has like a month or 2 interval and kairi learns how 2 use the keyblade like sora and riku in that time i would have her in my team

She doesn't even have a Keyblade though. >_> While that can change, I don't see the point in her learning how to use something that she doesn't have, especially if it's going to end up being Riku dual-wielding just so she can fight too.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
i can imagine kairi as a healer, like aerith. i want her to stay in the sidelines but still given some kind of role. not like kh2 where she was in the sideline and everything about her in the game was pointless

Indeed. The most I could see her as is healing (or upgrading Sora's magic once like Aerith did in the first game). But yeah, if she's going to be with them or just plain in the game at all (home or in party), she needs to do something other than being the damsel in distress. Or just throw her some rocks :3

Prajna

Kairi, I'm not sure if she's that much of a fighter, not be sexist. But it's very possible that she will be doing some heartless slaying.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm sure dual-wielding would be different. You'd be calling upon two separate Keyblades and making sure both stay materialized. :/

Either way, it'd be a pain in the ass for Riku to have to dual-wield every time just so Kairi can have a means to protect herself. If it came down to that, it'd be safer just leaving her behind in Radiant Garden.

though where would Riku get the second keyblade? i'm not so sure it's two separate keyblades.

Muse

you look atrocious
though where would Riku get the second keyblade? i'm not so sure it's two separate keyblades.

So, you think it's something like him splitting the Keyblade?

That still would take its toll on Riku, I would think.

In the end, it doesn't matter. If it stills ends up being Riku has to dual-wield just so Kairi would be able to fight, then I would rather leave her behind. Unless she can do something by herself, there's no use in having her tag along.

Allister Rose

French Lover
So, you think it's something like him splitting the Keyblade?

That still would take its toll on Riku, I would think.

hmm....well i think it's possible, just not something kh would do. again, kairi should have a role in kh but not something related to keyblades. maybe PoH powers or magic,

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Splitting a keyblade should be possible just as merging one should be in my eyes.

If you played KH2 look at the cutscene when Riku Mickey and Sora open the door to the final stage at the Alter of Naught that gives a sense of when a keyblade would be merged?

As for Kairi she will have something to do with the keyblade its quite obvious from KH2 when she gave her bit on her wanting to fight with Sora and Co.

Muse

you look atrocious
If Minnie teaches her how to use Light magic, then that's fine with me.

I don't want her to have to leech off of Riku or Sora though. That way, she does more harm than good.

Allister Rose

French Lover
maybe in k3 they could give her a role about how she returns to radiant gardens and starts to question which world is her true home

Athaydea

Bronze Member

but what makes it possible for a person to call upon two different keyblades and use them remains to be seen ..i think it may be different with sora, but we dont even know if the gayblade was just an extension of riku's own keyblade made from memerioes ..id bet its not an entirely different and new keyblade that chose him ..so depending on what makes duel-weilding even possible ..which i would bet is memories ..there's no way of knowing if that has any physical effects on a person at all ..i would doubt it though to be honest ..if the gayblade was made from memories then probably didnt use any of riku's actuall energy to call upon ..i think he summoned it in much the same way that a weilder is able to summon or dismiss their keyblade at any given time ..but the way in which he did it was different - he simply gave it a diffierent appearance thruogh the power of his memories ..in either instance though ..it doesnt appear to take anything out of him ..so i doubt duel-weilding would have any affect on him physically

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
People keep spreading that Riku was dual-wielding for her. With all the things at hand, I don't believe that's the case. All because of that interview that one interpreted to be so and it became well known "fact" for those who wish it was. I honestly thought Nomura was referring to the different respective keyblades like one would do. And considering dual-wielding, I'd like to see how it's to be explained Rku doing so. He never did it before, not even in the last battle. He's never shown to do so. Nomura never said he outright could, unlike what he said about both Sora and Roxas. Doesn't it have a strain on the Heart? Sora had to Drive Form to fully take the ability. And considering 358/2 Days as an even bigger hole, yeah, the clouds are closing in on that belief. Did Riku give her the keyblade? Yes. Was he dual-wielding? I don't think so.

Thus, I do think she's going to become a wielder soon enough. They wouldn't give her that weapon and making a hint for the shit and giggles.

Do I think she and Riku would become party members? I don't think so. It's going to be interesting how they are going to handle that since the two are obviously coming with Sora this time around. Unless they pull off a BBS scenario.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well the charms is what give it's power....so by adding two charms would make the keyblade split into and each half is being powered by two diferent charms. the charms also give it's form, so even if it was split in half the keyblade would look like any other one

Muse

you look atrocious
but what makes it possible for a person to call upon two different keyblades and use them remains to be seen ..i think it may be different with sora, but we dont even know if the gayblade was just an extension of riku's own keyblade made from memerioes ..id bet its not an entirely different and new keyblade that chose him ..so depending on what makes duel-weilding even possible ..which i would bet is memories ..there's no way of knowing if that has any physical effects on a person at all ..i would doubt it though to be honest ..if the gayblade was made from memories then probably didnt use any of riku's actuall energy to call upon ..i think he summoned it in much the same way that a weilder is able to summon or dismiss their keyblade at any given time ..but the way in which he did it was different - he simply gave it a diffierent appearance thruogh the power of his memories ..in either instance though ..it doesnt appear to take anything out of him ..so i doubt duel-weilding would have any affect on him physically

Even if there's no physical strain, I'd still think it'd be a pain for Riku to have to dual-wield every single time they get in a fight just so Kairi would be able to fight. :/ Sure, it may not affect him really, but it'd still get redundant and in the end, what's the point? If Kairi can only fight when Riku summons the second Keyblade, then they're better off leaving her behind.

Unless she learns something useful, like how to use Light magic, then there's no use in having her come along.

People keep spreading that Riku was dual-wielding for her. With all the things at hand, I don't believe that's the case. All because of that interview that one interpreted to be so and it became well known "fact" for those who wish it was. I honestly thought Nomura was referring to the different respective keyblades like one would do. And considering dual-wielding, I'd like to see how it's to be explained Rku doing so. He never did it before, not even in the last battle. He's never shown to do so. Nomura never said he outright could, unlike what he said about both Sora and Roxas. Doesn't it have a strain on the Heart? Sora had to Drive Form to fully take the ability. And considering 358/2 Days as an even bigger hole, yeah, the clouds are closing in on that belief. Did Riku give her the keyblade? Yes. Was he dual-wielding? I don't think so.

Well, we saw him hand it to her. And after all those Heartless were gone, it was gone as well. And seeing as how Kairi didn't summon it and point it at Xemnas and yelled, "No" along with the other Wielders, that makes me believe that she's not one either.

Unless she can summon a Keyblade all on her own without having Riku hand it to her, then she's not a Wielder. Not in the sense that Riku, Mickey, and Sora are. Until then, she's just like Jack and Leon, in the sense that she borrowed it.

Thus, I do think she's going to become a wielder soon enough. They wouldn't give her that weapon and making a hint for the shit and giggles.

They could have been doing it to show that Riku can use two Keyblades, ya know. :v Like when Sora handed the KK to Jack or when Leon took it? Only difference is that Kairi got to hold it longer because she needed to defend herself. Jack and Leon are perfectly capable of defending themselves with or without the Keyblade.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok.
For the love of God, no.

To start off, Donald and Goofy will not be properly, eternally replaced. Much like in The World that Never Was, we might get K and R as temporary party members, or switchable, but not as replacements for Donald and Goofy.
Seeing how, ya know, even Riku being a party member in TWTNW isn't really 'canon'. The developers added it without Nomura telling them to do so. I think it comes to show about Nomura's intentions to put even Riku in as a party member aside from special boss events.

That done and over with, we have the issue of Riku as a character being a team player. He didn't stick around even with Mickey for too long, and handled himself fine battle wise without Mickey for most of R-R. If he can, he seems more like the type to move on his own, rather than stick around with Sora. Not so much because he doesn't trust Sora, but because if he could spare Sora the trouble and the grief, he'd do it on his own.

And then we have Kairi. Who officially is not in a possession of a Keyblade. I think it's safe to say that with Riku being the one that pulled the Keyblade she used out of thin air, that it's Riku's Keyblade. He summoned, his Keyblade. End of Story.
As to why he had it, that's going into Duel Wielding territory, but if we say it's because of XH - poor Kairi isn't going to have a Keyblade for Riku to give her, seeing how if XH is gone - and he's gone - so is the Keyblade Riku managed to Duel Wield thanks to him (much like how Ven is how Roxas and Sora managed to wield at the same time - Sora got Riku's at the start of KH1, and Roxas got Ven's when he was born). So that leaves Kairi with undeveloped, never explored powers of light. Now, she MIGHT become like Minnie, or FFVII's Aerith, but if they know what's good for them (and sadly they don't, more often than not, when it comes to Kairi) they won't have her as a constant party member right from the start. And that is of course aside from the fact that with BBS, the PoHs are no doubt bound to become plot devices. She won't have the screen time to waste being a party member.

All in all, it sums up to what KH2 kept hammering into our heads.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

Smile has Spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back