• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
KH2's ending sequences - assuming of course you took the time to actually talk to her and Riku between final Org fights - would indicate that yes, she'd be up to it. For how long and through how harsh training, time will tell, but the basic willingness to fight and get stronger so that Sora and Riku won't be the only ones suffering seems to be there.
I can see at least Riku as partially willing to help her train, too.

Awards
yeah now that you mention it I remember. (me and my goldfish memory:23:)

I wouldn't mind her being an ally, just as long as it doesn't feel tacked on

Muse

you look atrocious
Really, she's only been kidnapped one time. :/ In KH1, that was Riku 'rescuing' her, so officially, she only got kidnapped in KH2.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
1) Kairi wasn't 'kidnapped' in KH1 so it doesn't really count.
2) The 'second time' was Namine in CoM. I dare anyone to tell me it got old then.
The problem wasn't that Kairi got kidnapped in KH2 - which by now would be the third damsel in distress, if we don't count all the other females Sora had to save, Minnie included (because as awesome as her limits were, that's still what she essentially was). It was how the whole issue was handled.

Abbot

Director's Secret Report XIII, in regards to 'Kairi's Keyblade': "There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, 'those with strong hearts' is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those."

So, even if people disagree that the Destiny Islands blade is Kairi's, there's still a big chance that Kairi COULD end up with a keyblade. Not that many people would want that.

And, yeah, stick with Donald and Goofy. It would feel weird not to have them in your party after all this time.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Optional, maybe. But without Donald and Goofy, it just wouldn't be right. They are the main ties to Disney.
And I get the impression that Sora is closer to them than he is to Riku and Kairi at some points.

Allister Rose

French Lover
maybe no one is understanding what i mean, in the story they will appear as sora's gang along with riku and kairi (those two might go separate ways at some points) but during gameplay you can switch them up depending on how the story goes. similar to what happened when luxord came in to fight sora in nobody castle

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I understand what you are saying. They might just clutter things up, though.

Kairi doesn't have her own Keyblade, it being from Riku's dual-wielding, but I suppose he could always hand it over to her when they're in the same party together, which seems just dumb. Riku I can see happening, even Mickey, but not Kairi, unless she learns some magic.

if that happened SRK would just be the new age TAV.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So, even if people disagree that the Destiny Islands blade is Kairi's, there's still a big chance that Kairi COULD end up with a keyblade. Not that many people would want that.

That kind of goes without saying, but that's because that thanks to BBS, Tidus, Selphie and Wakka have chances of getting Keyblades, going by Nomura's words about there being as many Keyblades as there are qualified Hearts. However, between saying she could get one and saying she got one from Riku... you get my point :\ there way to go is a long one.

Optional, maybe. But without Donald and Goofy, it just wouldn't be right. They are the main ties to Disney.
And I get the impression that Sora is closer to them than he is to Riku and Kairi at some points.

Well, that has mostly to do with how the story went. I disagree about Riku at the end of the line (KH2 kind of shows that as close as Donald and Goofy might be to Sora, Riku's still 'the best'), and though my views about Kairi are well known (and if they aren't, lol, I need to get out of hiatus properly), it's still their fault for not showing us proper interaction with them - present day one, let alone past one to show why Sora should care at all, if he indeed does.
Sora, Donald and Goofy are a party. They made it a point to develop their friendship through KH1, put it to the test in CoM, and show just how far it got in KH2. I don't think it's really fair saying they're better friends to Sora than Riku and Kairi, in light of Riku and Kairi never getting the 'chance' to really shine - especially not when Riku did shine, just not for as long as Donald and Goofy - simply for plot reasons.

if that happened SRK would just be the new age TAV.

Uh... good morning, that's kind of one of the likely things to happen.

Mr Yippie

Its not really kidnapping when you walk into the evil menacing portal with no resistance, AND without force.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
maybe no one is understanding what i mean, in the story they will appear as sora's gang along with riku and kairi (those two might go separate ways at some points) but during gameplay you can switch them up depending on how the story goes. similar to what happened when luxord came in to fight sora in nobody castle

that's exactly what i said.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I don't think I'd care if Kairi were brought along for the journey so long as I was given the option to switch her out.

Honestly, unless KH3 is set some time in the future, I don't really see Kairi becoming a party member. If she's had no time to learn how to fight or to use either white magic or black magic, then she'd only be an encumbrance to the party, and of no use to them, and I don't see either Sora or Riku going for that.

It'd come back to the same thing Sora said in KH1, when she wanted to help him. She'd only get in his way.

If there was some time for them to teach her how to fight, though I don't see why they would when they believe that the worlds are perfectly fine and there is no more danger or possible threat, then I'd be more likely to see her coming along for the journey.

Abbot

Y'know, they don't even need her to fight. I can see her as one of those characters who come along for the ride plot-wise, but not gameplay-wise.

Think Kraden for part of Golden Sun, and Kraden for all of The Lost Age. He came along, and contributed to the plot, being the game's scholar and whatnot, but never battled.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Y'know, they don't even need her to fight. I can see her as one of those characters who come along for the ride plot-wise, but not gameplay-wise.

Think Kraden for part of Golden Sun, and Kraden for all of The Lost Age. He came along, and contributed to the plot, being the game's scholar and whatnot, but never battled.

The only difference, however, is that he was actually useful and didn't hinder them. You don't have to battle to be useful.

In addition, he obviously never hindered them, and most likely helped them since he was a scholar (though I wouldn't know because I've never heard of the game, but from what you say, it seems like he didn't hinder them).

Kairi is no scholar. I could see her being useful due to her PoH status, however, we've barely seen what the PoH can do, and if they tried to bring in a lot with it now, I'd be kind of disappointed.

I'm not saying that I would absolutely hate it if she came along, I would just like it if I didn't have to use her, or that she was actually useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back