• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I wouldn't mind having Riku in the party, but I'm more used to having Donald and Goofy. It wouldn't be the same without them. For Kairi, she doesn't have much experience with fighting. Can't really imagine her swinging a Keyblade around. If she used magic, maybe that would be better. I'm kind of tired of the "Damsel in Distress" roll.

Soughtdragon

I like Riku and Kairi so I wouldn't mind if they fight together. Riku and Sora mesh their fighting styles together well.

Maybe Kairi will fight, maybe not. I just hope she won't be a burden to the group
by being the perpetual DID. (damsel in distress) I appreciate her general desire to fight and help out, but she lacks the experience that Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy have had. Not to mention the fact that Riku and Sora have sparred together since they were children.

Maybe she can be support? If she wants to help out, maybe she can do it in a more indirect way.

I hope the writers expand her character but even if they don't that's cool too.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I don't know... I just think I'm so used to the SDG trio that anything else would just feel wrong, whether I like the characters or not. I think they could make Kairi a great back up fighter, at least for support, but the creators haven't shown so far that they're willing to do anything great with her character. If they don't do something great, and still stick her in, then I'm just going to feel let down. And then there's Riku. While I enjoyed fighting with him in TWTNW, I wouldn't want to fight with him the entire way through the game.

Some things are meant to stick, and the SDG trio, I think, is one of them. Perhaps Kairi and Riku could be back up in some worlds, or something, but full time fighting partners instead of SDG? Again, doesn't feel right.

Abbot

Woah, here's a thought. A crazy thought. So crazy it'll never be accepted. But here goes, anyways.

We have SDG. Yes. Yes, we do. King Mickey sent a letter. Yes. Yes, he did. That could imply that he wants to take part in this journey. And who's to say that we don't have two seperate parties travelling around?

Mickey was s'posed to be the original main character. It was scrapped for Sora.

Now, imagine this. There's SDG, but there's also MRK! dundundundun.

No, but seriously. A Mickey/Riku/Kairi trio running around would be pretty cool. And Mickey could teach Kairi valuable things as a fighter.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:\ I sooner see Sora/Riku/Mickey before they'd ever go the distance of Mickey/Riku/Kairi. If MRK came to be, it would only be so that Riku could protect her. Say what you want, I doubt he'd have given her a Keyblade if they were facing anything other than Shadow Heartless and they knew Sora was on his way to help.

Abbot

Yeah, I realized it was a bit far-fetched as I was writing it. Actually, before I started writing it.

Either way, SDG is the way to go. Sora, Donald, and Goofy have been through too much character development just to ditch each other now. Watch, in KH3, or whatever KH Sora will next be in, Donald and Goofy will be talking about how much they miss Sora. Then, Sora will fall from the sky, onto Donald and Goofy, alluding to that fateful event in KH.

(yes, I'm mirroring what everyone's said, but I agree with it)

Sexy Angel
I would defenintly buy the game if Kiari was a companion. That would be sooo sexy

TrinityxLimit

I love having Donald and Goofy. Other than Mickey, they are the only Disney characters I actually like. They make the KH enjoyable. I'm sure long time KH players feel connected to them, and would be dissapointed if they were to be removed. Now on to Kairi. As much as I dont like her, the dumb broad needs a role in the game. She doesn't fit the role of a party member, but she can't do nothing, as Kairi is one of the most important characters in KH. I just have a feeling she will have a big role this time, active party member or not. And Riku, he might be a party member again, but not permanently replacing our two lovable animal companions. Bottom line, as others have stated SDG > SRK

Awards
I was thinking, maybe Kairi could be magic base like Aqua, Riku might be power base like Terra, and Sora is probably speed base like Ven. I'm not saying I like the SRK, but just comparing the SRK and TAV.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku isn't as slow as Terra, though I admit I see him more as the heavy hitter for the party as well (especially if Sora goes Duel Wielding. Game play mechanics aside, I doubt he'd hit as strong as he does with both hands on the same Keyblade).
The thing is, as said before, while Kairi does have the potential to be at least Light-Magic based (being a PoH and all), unless they time-skip before KH3 and insert training in that time period, her being a party member, let alone a permanent one, would have even less value than Mulan had while she was Ping :\

TrinityxLimit

The thing is, as said before, while Kairi does have the potential to be at least Light-Magic based (being a PoH and all), unless they time-skip before KH3 and insert training in that time period, her being a party member, let alone a permanent one, would have even less value than Mulan had while she was Ping :\
Oh Ping....:angry:.....

KH1 to KH2 had a time skip, so I would assume the same for KH3. But honestly I don't really want another time skip, because another year means Sora will be even older (although it will keep up with his VA, as real people age too XD). One year means the KH kids will get another growth spurt (Riku got TALL in a year. Steroids, anyone?), and they'll end up looking like VAT (well, Aqua and Terra anyway). Too weird. And Kairi should just stay in the little hole she came from, or go back to school on DI, never in a party. Stay in school kids, don't mess with Heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back