• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's companions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Ew. I certainly hope not. It just wouldn't be the same. Just, no. D:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Opinions, opinions :p. Not facts.

Well, we saw him hand it to her. And after all those Heartless were gone, it was gone as well. And seeing as how Kairi didn't summon it and point it at Xemnas and yelled, "No" along with the other Wielders, that makes me believe that she's not one either.

Unless she can summon a Keyblade all on her own without having Riku hand it to her, then she's not a Wielder. Not in the sense that Riku, Mickey, and Sora are. Until then, she's just like Jack and Leon, in the sense that she borrowed it.

They could have been doing it to show that Riku can use two Keyblades, ya know. :v Like when Sora handed the KK to Jack or when Leon took it? Only difference is that Kairi got to hold it longer because she needed to defend herself. Jack and Leon are perfectly capable of defending themselves with or without the Keyblade.

-
They wouldn't give her that weapon and making a hint for the shit and giggles.

The problem I have with "showing that Riku can use two keyblades", is that it has never been directly and outright stated that he could. By the director, interviewers, or otherwise. If they apparently had set it up for us to know Riku can obtain that ability, it would have been made more of a big deal and more questions asked. All we get is why Sora and Roxas dual-wield when the topic comes up. Never a mention on Riku. If he could do what the other two can, he would have been added in the inquiries. But that isn't the case. And with 358/2 Days, it throws another wrench. Even if it wasn't for that reason, it could easily have been the fact that Roxas has Ven and Sora, or something to that extent.

If Kairi wasn't an official one at that point in the game, or whatever the beliefs may be, it's safe to say that Kairi becoming a wielder in the future is a high possibility regardless. Especially since Riku felt that he should give it to her when she asked about it. And that it belongs to her. If it was his, he wouldn't be too willing to admit such a thing or have it within himself to know that something was telling him to hand it to Kairi. Pack that with the sudden introduction of a blue haired female wielding a keyblade (and yes, I do mean one :x), and you got yourself a transition. There's more than meets the eye there, yet, it won't come into fruition until KH3 or another future title comes. If she's going to go with them, she isn't going to just wander around aimlessly, you know.

If Kairi will have a Keyblade, I would figure she'd be more magic based, however.

ZanexChaos

People keep spreading that Riku was dual-wielding for her. With all the things at hand, I don't believe that's the case. All because of that interview that one interpreted to be so and it became well known "fact" for those who wish it was. I honestly thought Nomura was referring to the different respective keyblades like one would do. And considering dual-wielding, I'd like to see how it's to be explained Rku doing so. He never did it before, not even in the last battle. He's never shown to do so. Nomura never said he outright could, unlike what he said about both Sora and Roxas. Doesn't it have a strain on the Heart? Sora had to Drive Form to fully take the ability. And considering 358/2 Days as an even bigger hole, yeah, the clouds are closing in on that belief. Did Riku give her the keyblade? Yes. Was he dual-wielding? I don't think so.

Thus, I do think she's going to become a wielder soon enough. They wouldn't give her that weapon and making a hint for the shit and giggles.

Do I think she and Riku would become party members? I don't think so. It's going to be interesting how they are going to handle that since the two are obviously coming with Sora this time around. Unless they pull off a BBS scenario.
I think it would be interesting if they pull off a BBS scenario, on the account that it seems EVERYONE wants to play as Riku. But yeah, now that I think about it, it does seem like Kairi just borrowed it. But isn't possible for her to have a keyblade since her heart is so pure?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Purity of Heart =\= Strength of Heart, until BBS or something say so (and if anyone wants to fill me in, be my guest :p)
Also, just because Kairi wielded a Keyblade, doesn't make that Keyblade her own. It just means it didn't run back screaming to its Wielder like it happened to Sora on various occasions.

Muse

you look atrocious
Pure heart =/= qualified to wield.

It's the strength of the heart that really matters. Hence why Riku could wield in KH1, despite being so deep in the darkness.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's a somewhat legitimate reasoning to me as to why the Keyblade stayed with her to begin with - her being a PoH. The PoHs have established links to the Keyblades, after all, but between saying that's why she managed to hold one to saying that Keyblade became her own (especially in light of Xemnas not giving a damn about her later on) there's a long way to go.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
The problem I have with "showing that Riku can use two keyblades", is that it has never been directly and outright stated that he could. By the director, interviewers, or otherwise.

Another Report said:
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a keyblade are?

Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

While you have a point, you have to consider that it was in Riku's possession. Which would lead most to think he was duel wielding. Whether this has a deeper meaning for Riku or Kairi is unknown at this point, but it's just too obvious to think otherwise until it's proven to be hers.

Key of Valor

The Professor
ZanexChaos said:
But isn't possible for her to have a keyblade since her heart is so pure?

Yes it is quite possible. Never was it confirmed that Riku owned both Keyblades, especially because Nomura refers to *flowerpower as "Kairi's Keyblade".

The assumption that Riku owns both Keyblades is based one interpretation of Another Report. However, there are other ways to interpret Another Report, so there is no way of knowing which interpretation is true or not without further confirmation.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Oblivion was confirmed to at one point be called "Riku's Keyblade". It hardly meant it was his own Keyblade, however, but more that it was based on Memories of him and was affiliated with him.
How else was Nomura supposed to call the "Flower Power", seeing how it has no official name that we know of? "Kairi's Keyblade" is a lot easier and simpler than anything else any of us could think of, and instantly lets everyone know what he's talking about.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Seems translations do more harm than good.
I always thought Kairis wielding was due to three things.

-Her willingness to not be useless to Sora/seeing him in trouble
-Her PoH status
-Riku giving it to her.

Awards
didn't Riku have to give up a pit of his power to give Kairi that keyblade, I'm not sure that's dual wielding.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think that last one has more to do with it than the rest, as arguably, the Wielder handing anyone a Keyblade and willing it to stay with them might just be enough for the wielding.

But I do believe we're straying. Assuming for 30 seconds that Kairi is indeed in the possession of a Keyblade, the chances of her becoming a party member at all, let alone a permanent one to help replace Donald and Goofy - are all but zilch.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Well maybe we can have all of them at times and change them for example (sora, riku, mickey) (sora, riku, donald) (sora mickey, goofy) etc....

Awards
It would help if they made the AI a bit better, If you look at the game Infinite undiscovery your allies AI was great. simple things like giving them the ability to do basic combos would be a vast improvement

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
didn't Riku have to give up a pit of his power to give Kairi that keyblade, I'm not sure that's dual wielding.

What? No of course not. He actually handed it to her, not infused his powers into her body.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Obviously we're not saying she'd be slapped into the party just like that. It was enough fail for a lifetime, how she jumped off that balcony at the end of KH2 and landed just fine. If she is to join the party, she'd have to go through proper trainings, on or at least off screen.

Awards
Obviously we're not saying she'd be slapped into the party just like that. It was enough fail for a lifetime, how she jumped off that balcony at the end of KH2 and landed just fine. If she is to join the party, she'd have to go through proper trainings, on or at least off screen.

I think they are all too busy being lazy on destiny island. I wonder if Kairi would even want to fight, let alone go though training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back