• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS FOR SECRET ENDING cast your bets

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

So who will pass?

• Sora

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Riku

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Both

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

When did this become a popularity contest? Obviously both of them will pass. And really? Riku deserves to be master more than Sora? I didn't know being a Master was judged by ones feats. -_-

It's not. Becoming a Master is judged by one's strength of heart. For example, Eraqus did not believe that Terra's heart was strong enough to suppress his inner darkness, so he was denied Mastery.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
It's not. Becoming a Master is judged by one's strength of heart. For example, Eraqus did not believe that Terra's heart was strong enough to suppress his inner darkness, so he was denied Mastery.
but still a lot of ppl r voting for riku just because.

Allister Rose

French Lover
When did this become a popularity contest? Obviously both of them will pass. And really? Riku deserves to be master more than Sora? I didn't know being a Master was judged by ones feats. -_-
it's not that sora doesn't deserve it's whether if he does it would compliment him as a character or make him another cliche super powered hero that is unstopable
Sora couldn't control it because in kh2 he accidently turned into anto form
but still a lot of ppl r voting for riku just because.

not really. riku seemed like the type to gain mastery.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
it's not that sora doesn't deserve it's whether if he does it would compliment him as a character or make him another cliche super powered hero that is unstopable
Umm Becoming a Master doesn't give you a power up.

Sora couldn't control it because in kh2 he accidently turned into anto form
But he did control it. Hence why he didn't go rampaging and attacking his friends.

not really. riku seemed like the type to gain mastery.
That doesn't make any sense.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Umm Becoming a Master doesn't give you a power up.
either way. sora doens't seem like the type to have a title. maybe in kh1 but that was more of a "chosen" thing than a "master"

But he did control it. Hence why he didn't go rampaging and attacking his friends.
donald and goofy disappeared, so he couldn't attack them. but still. he didn't want to sue power of darkness it just happens.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
either way. sora doens't seem like the type to have a title. maybe in kh1 but that was more of a "chosen" thing than a "master"

donald and goofy disappeared, so he couldn't attack them. but still. he didn't want to sue power of darkness it just happens.
But he wasn't corrupted by it. It had absolutely no effect on him. The anti-form was more of a nod to his time as a heartless rather than the fact that he couldn't control his own darkness.

And I still don't understand what you mean by "type"?

Fortissimo

I don't know, anything could happen. Riku is more mature and serious and I can see him having the title of master, but I can also see Sora having that same title. Just for the sake of the story, I would put bets on Sora getting it, or both at the same time. I doubt just Riku would get it, given his past, but his character has developed quite a bit so in all honesty, I am uncertain, but for now I say Sora or both.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
in the end, it doesnt even matter we all know what will eventually happen. they will both get it and there will be a big reunion with TAV and SRK also MDG

and if in fact it is vanitas that returns, do you think he would look like Ven instead of Sora?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well now I suddenly have an idea of what KH3D would be about. I'm starting to think the entirety of KH3D would be Sora and Riku going through illusions created by Yen Sid to test them by the decisions they'll make.

Anyway, I'm not sure who will earn the title of master. It could be Sora... Riku... or both. I can understand why people think Riku... but I can also see the whole "main character has to win no matter what" plot going on... so I don't know.

Another thing I'm wondering about is how Xehanort will return... we've all speculated it'd be Apprentice Xehanort... but Yen Sid shows Master Xehanort.

Both at the end of KHBBS, and KHRe:Coded it says. Reconnect. Hmmmmm

I think it's telling the fans to "reconnect" the KH series and look at how everything is connecting. I'd say it's working... especially with Grass's epic theories, it shows that fans are trying to piece together the series.

Allister Rose

French Lover
But he wasn't corrupted by it. It had absolutely no effect on him. The anti-form was more of a nod to his time as a heartless rather than the fact that he couldn't control his own darkness.

And I still don't understand what you mean by "type"?
sora's easy going life, doesn't seem to fit with the title of "keyblade master".

and just because he wasn't corrupted by it, doesn't mean he doesn't have control. even momentarily, he could still turn into anti form. plus no keyblade with anti form so that has to be taken care of

Chris211

sora's easy going life, doesn't seem to fit with the title of "keyblade master".

and just because he wasn't corrupted by it, doesn't mean he doesn't have control. even momentarily, he could still turn into anti form. plus no keyblade with anti form so that has to be taken care of
Sora and Riku are getting older and with that Sora's getting a lot more serious..he's not as carefree as you may think him to be. I say they'd both still get it. You said Sora got the keyblade by chance? I thought more so Riku did, if Terra didn't see himself in Riku he wouldn't have passed it along, regardless Sora would've gotten his keyblade though I think. It doesn't make sense for people to only deem Riku able to become a master but not Sora. When they're just about the same..The Exam is a test of hearts and they both succeed there. And I never knew the anti form was cannon, anti form will have no possible purpose in the Exam..he's not going to be like Terra and the darkness he has inside him show up.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I'm just wondering this, but what happens if neither of them pass? I just don't think that could happen.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Sora and Riku are getting older and with that Sora's getting a lot more serious..he's not as carefree as you may think him to be. I say they'd both still get it. You said Sora got the keyblade by chance? I thought more so Riku did, if Terra didn't see himself in Riku he wouldn't have passed it along, regardless Sora would've gotten his keyblade though I think. It doesn't make sense for people to only deem Riku able to become a master but not Sora. When they're just about the same..The Exam is a test of hearts and they both succeed there. And I never knew the anti form was cannon, anti form will have no possible purpose in the Exam..he's not going to be like Terra and the darkness he has inside him show up.
i think sora is very carefree...he's competitive but not that competitive unlike riku. that's the carefree i see in sora even in kh2. Sora will be all like "aw i lost. oh well, better luck next time". in kh2, they gave sora more anger, in the most unexpected times, and his character was unbalanced which is one reason why i ahte it, and psosibly others.

Sora got it by chance in kh1. Riku was chosen for it 10 years ago.

also i'm not saying anti form was going to be shown in the exam, but it is canon. nomura said it was due to sora turning into a heartless once. but the point is, that he doens't have full control of his darkness.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
so what your saying or theorizing is that sora will play the "terra" role?? hmm idk darkness and sora?

Allister Rose

French Lover
so what your saying or theorizing is that sora will play the "terra" role?? hmm idk darkness and sora?

possibly. i wasn't thinking about it that way. but the hints are in kh2. so it won't be completely unexpected. maybe he has to beet his anti form in order to be qualified to pass the Mark of Mastery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back