• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Stan Lee cancels several upcoming appearances due to "very serious circumstance"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'm sharing this with you guys since I know a lot of you are fans of Stan Lee and his very famous characters

The major comic book website, Comicbook.com, has reportedly received the word that Stan Lee has canceled several upcoming scheduled appearances at various events, including the Ohio Comic Con as well as the sold out Authors! Authors! series at Toledo-Lucas County that was to be held on September 27th. The following message, which carried a rather concerning tone, was sent out by the Wizard World promoters saying that "were informed by Stan Lee’s management that Stan would be unable to attend any upcoming appearances for the near future.”
The Authors! Authors! series is co-sponsored by the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, who revealed that all they know about the cancellation is that it is due to "a very serious circumstance."
Stan Lee, who is often referred to as the father of the modern comic book industry, turns 90 this December and is responsible for helping to create some of the most beloved comic book characters in the industry, including Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and the Incredible Hulk.
Stan Lee cancels several upcoming appearances due to "very serious circumstance" - Orlando Comic Books | Examiner.com

He had to cancel a bunch of appearances because of a "very serious circumstance", GODDAMMIT LEE DON'T DIE ON ME

How do you guys feel about this?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well one thing I can't read the white text, Hillboy xD

Second, Stan Lee you have to live forever so you can't die. :| I better not wake up in the next few days and hear "Stan Lee, creator of Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man and other iconic Marvel heroes, has died at 89."

I'm hoping he's just relaxing since he always seems to be working and is pretty old.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If Stan Lee dies, I will cry. He is supposed to outlive everyone, even God. Hopefully he just has a cold. :/

Sorry, it looks wonderful on Forrest Gump. Plus I'm still getting used to this new editor~

It appears white by default on Forrest Gump.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I hope he gets better. I missed an opportunity to meet him this summer because of work. :c

Trag

Bronze Member
Everyone dies, it sucked when Kubert went and it'll suck when Lee goes but it'll happen.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Come on Stan ;~; I really hope he doesn't leave us soon. Let's hope for the best for him.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
You might be reading too much into it. It could be medical issues, since that statement is so vague that it could mean anything, but I think they would actually say it's medical issues if it were. He's almost 90s years old, and has yet to show an ounce of senility, even has his own weekly shows on youtube. And though things like heart attacks or strokes come without warning, they're pretty easy to prevent. And he strikes me as the type of guy to do all he can to live as long as possible. I dunno.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Now I Feel as if I should've went to the comic expo in my town when he attended!

Zter

Oh no, he canceled several appearances, that means he's going to die! Please, he probably had family issues or he forgot how to tie his shoes.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Oh no, he canceled several appearances, that means he's going to die! Please, he probably had family issues or he forgot how to tie his shoes.

I highly doubt family concerns or his shoes fall under "a serious circumstance".

He's obviously busy checking out a book while listening to some fresh beats.

QPWnP.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He's almost 90 and they said "serious circumstance". It is logical that people assume he might be ill.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
He's almost 90 and they said "serious circumstance". It is logical that people assume he might be ill.

"... It is logical..." - Master Spockanort

Seems legit... e_e

~

Kidding aside, I have to agree. At Lee's age, the phrase "serious circumstance" could very well likely mean he might be ill. I have my grandfather and grandmother who are both only a few years younger than Lee, and my grandmother is particularly ill at the moment and both have gotten ill more and more frequently over the past couple of years.

Life can be very fragile at that age.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I think there'd just come a time where, if that was happening to me, I'd start just tuning out what the doctors are telling me is wrong with me. There's no need to put so many variations on the spin "you're old, and we all know where you're headed. It's just a matter of time now."

I envy Stan Lee. He's led a very fulfilling life, I'd say. I'll be lucky to accomplish half what he has.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, so there's this little thing called life and death. Yup, it's that thing where you live and you die. Sadly, Stan Lee is a pretty old man, and he's most likely ill and is probably going to die within the next few years pending on his condition. It sucks, but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back